Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Thinking about making a game

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Game
  On
  Over
View Results

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:24 pm
I've got a game making itch, and to scratch it I want to make a game. The central mechanic in this game would revolve around raising and breeding creatures who, for lack of a better way to describe them, are kinda like Eevees from Pokemon. I almost see it sort of like a cross between Harvest Moon and a less insane version of Candy Box. But I'm interested in hearing what people would want from such a game.

- What sorts of things would you want to be able to do with your creatures/have them do?
- What types of creatures do you think would be cool for them to turn into?
- If you're familiar with Harvest Moon, what are your favorite aspects about the series?
- What kind of locations would you like to see/visit?

All of these and more are things I'm interested in hearing about. Hopefully I can get lotsa input. There may even be thank you prizes in store for people who are especially helpful ninja  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:52 pm
Apparently, I don't have a childhood because I've never played Harvest Moon.

I'll do some research and get back to you.
(But other than that, Eevees sound fun.)

Chaosfox8888
Crew

Bloodthirsty Slayer

17,775 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:57 am
Having played HM across multiple consoles, there's differences in each one
GBA and DS require feeding once a day, PS2 and GC have to be fed twice, though the latter's food trays do fix that by having two slots, though for chickens, how long a single unit of feed lasts depends on how many chicks and chickens there are
If there's weather and an inside-outside mechanic, this can help with the moods of the animals-if they're outside or even left unfed, they become unhappy and won't produce. Leave them unhappy for too long and they become sick
HM also has a dating feature, and eventual marriage and a child (though some I've never played might have two kids)

But it depends on if you want to keep it realistic or delve more into fantasy, farming or exploring or even business
HM tends more for realistic, but with an active goddess. You can make people dislike you, though that's as easy as getting people to like you (which is a bit less realistic). There's food that heals, and food that poisons
A Tale of Two Towns even has a pair of towns with a mountain dividing them. Bluebell is almost older-style American/European, and focused on the animals. Konohana is toward the crops, and has a more Asian theme
Part of your goal is to participate in the monthly contest at the top of the mountain and get your team to win because somehow it gets the two towns, who used to be friendly, to mellow out
And part of this has the bonus of eventually clearing out the clearing under the mountain, which helps getting from town to town faster than up and down the mountain, which takes at least an hours' game time

You can do it like the Doodle God/Devil series, where you start with four base creatures, and you have to breed them to find new ones
You could do it more realistically, where you start off with one and breed her to get offspring and go from there

And for locations, have multiple starting locations to choose from and customization options, which starts with gender, eye color and shape, as well as hairstyle and shape. Clothes start off depending on starting location, but more can be bought, including the starters for other locations. Each location has common and unique breeding creatures, and the wilderness has wild ones to capture and tame

There's many ways you can do this, Goldie  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff