[PRP] Another Son? (Asku x Vumbi) FIN

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:24 pm
User Image Asku felt old. He really wasn't, in the long run. He'd been in this pack for almost two years no, and he had been a very young adult when he had first joined with his mate. Since then he had fathered a litter of pups - eight of them! - and had watched them grow, go out on their star quest, and come back. Some of them even had other wild dogs in tow.

So far he didn't have any grandpups, but that was all right with him. He loved his children dearly, but having eight litters of pups around would probably kill him. He had been so anxious and worried with his own children that having grandchildren would probably multiply those feelings one hundred fold. For now, though, Asku was safe. He had adult children to fawn over and a spacey mate to look after. His paws were full!

The moon was nearly full as he made his way to the stream to get a drink. Namid and his den was quite large to accommodate their eight pups, but now it was almost too large, too empty. He preferred to stay out of it rather than in, as did she. There had been talk of another litter, but he needed to think about that. Did he really want to run the risk of another huge litter? He wasn't sure his poor mind could take it.

Lowering his head to the stream, he took a few big gulps before walking into the water. It was rather muggy out and the cool stream felt wonderful against his hot skin.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:29 pm
SilverLutz

Vumbi was very thankful to have found this place, and was glad to join a place like this mostly on accident. If it had not been for that lovely lady he had met and befriended... well, he imagined a lot of things in his days would have been vastly different now if he had never met Taigi. She had changed his world for the better, and he had no problems accepting that he was head over paws for her.

He wanted to stay here, in this pack, because he would be closer to her. There were other reasons, that made this place a perfect fit for him, but she was the main thing on his mind these days, and he put no effort into trying to think of other things.

All he wanted was to be a part of her life, however she decided to allow him to do that.

Humming, he padded his way toward a stream, looking surprised to see another wild dog there. He was not bashful, per se, but he was still learning his place here. He cleared his throat as he approached. "Hello," he said cordially, offering a friendly look and doing his best to appear non-threatening. There was something... familiar... about this guy, though Vumbi was sure he had never met the other wild dog before.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:44 pm
Asku was enjoying his morning bath when a voice caught his attention over his splashing. He looked up and smiled just a bit, nodding his head in greeting. "Hello," he returned, moving into more shallow water so he didn't look ridiculous floundering around in the deeper section. As he approached he realized he'd never seen this wild dog before. That wasn't too surprising as they had new recruits fairly often, but Asku prided himself on knowing who was in the pack.

He gave himself a quick shake before moving closer, not wanting to splash the younger male. "Beautiful night," he said, nodding up to the clear sky and bright moon. "Perfect for star gazing."

He paused and tilted his head, tail wagging slowly back and forth. "I'm not sure I've seen you around. Are you new? If so, welcome! It's always wonderful to get new blood in the pack." It the grand scheme of things, it wasn't that long ago that he had been welcomed in the same way.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:56 pm
SilverLutz

"It is a very nice night," Vumbi said, smiling and looking up at the stars on instinct. He smiled and took in the night sky, as clear and bright as it was. He would always love the night sky, even more so than he had before. Now it just reminded him of Taigi.

"I'm fairly new. I only just joined not too long ago and I'm trying to figure out the lay of the land, and the way things work. Taigi invited me to stay here, and I couldn't help but accept her offer..."

He tried not to sound too wistful, but there was a dumb, starstruck look on his face that did not come from the sky itself.

Wagging his tail, he snapped out of his day dreaming and smiled at the other male, flicking his ears forward.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted your bath."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:01 pm
The admiration of the stars was clear on the blue wild dog's face, and Asku smiled a bit wider at that. Any creature that loved the sky that much was certainly welcome here, even if just in passing. As he continued to speak, though, he got the feeling that this was certainly a new member, and one that might stick around for quite some time.

The name made Asku's ears stand straight up, as did the reaction from the other male. He kept his muzzle shut for the time being, a rather curious and hesitant look on his face. There was only one Taigi in this pack, after all...and she was his daughter.

Asku had to remind himself that Taigi was an adult now, and had been for a good year or so. She knew what she was doing...for the most part...even if she did take after her mother's rather spacey ways. Still, the wild dog before him was handsome and seemed kind enough. Time to do a little prying just to make sure he wouldn't have to step in.

"Oh no, you're fine," he said, waving a paw. "I know Taigi, she'll be a good guide for you. I'm Asku, by the way. Where did you come from, if you don't mind my asking?"

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:45 pm
SilverLutz

Vumbi was not sure what he had said, exactly, to make the other wild dog look at him like that, but he felt like he needed to apologize for it immediately. What had he said that could have been upsetting or wrong? Maybe he was supposed to have done something already, as a new member of the pack, that he had not done? Or... something?

He wasn't sure, and he could not figure out how to phrase his apology so it was as sincere as he wanted it to be. He felt like it would feel faked if he made it too general.

When the other relaxed, as if reading his mind, Vumbi let out the breath he had not been aware he was holding.

"It's nice to meet you, Asku. Ah. I'm from another pack, but it was undone, and we were left to our own devices. I was going to leave before then, anyway, as it stopped feeling like home. I was never really sure what I was looking for, but I think I might have found it now." He smiled dumbly.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:46 am
Asku nodded just a bit. He had come from another pack as well, much smaller than this one, but had left to follow Namid here. He could relate to the smaller wild dog, completely taken with a female that, while a bit silly, seemed to have a good head on her shoulders. He was proud of all his pups, of course, and he knew Taigi wouldn't steer this male wrong.

"Well, I'm glad you've found a home here," he said with a curious smile. "Because of the beliefs or because of Taigi?" He would tell him soon, of course, that he was her father. He just wanted to get an honest opinion of the other wild dog before passing judgement. He was very mild from the look of things, very polite. Taigi could use a sense of calmness in her life like him.

"Sorry, I don't think I caught your name," he added, tail flicking just a bit as the breeze picked up, making his wet fur feel a bit chilly against his body. He kept his attention on the other wild dog, though, too curious to mind.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:54 am
SilverLutz

He felt his ears droop back against his own will, a wide eyed look hitting his muzzle as he thought about the other male's question. This guy seemed to be much more serious and knowledgeable than Vumbi himself, well learned and wise in his way. Or maybe Vumbi just thought all older males were some sort of a sagely wizard.

"Uhm. A little bit of both, I think," he chuckled honestly, not realizing the danger he was in here. Theoretically, anyway. If he said anything untoward, he would have a very angry father on his paws. Thankfully, Vumbi was a genuinely nice wild dog, and had no unfavorable thoughts that the other male needed to worry about.

Beyond the whole 'falling for Taigi' thing, but that was the kind of worry any father might have when his daughter started meeting males.

"Oh, I'm sorry! That's rude of me. My name is Vumbi! It's a pleasure to meet you. I got so up in chattering I forgot to introduce myself, but I promise, I'm not usually that rude." He grinned, feeling sheepish.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:15 am
Asku chuckled softly and shook his head as Vumbi excused himself. "Not to worry, I can tell you're very polite," he said with a little smile. He was quiet for a bit as the wind picked up, and he tilted his head back to look at the sky. Right above him was the constellation Taigi had found on her star quest, the glowing dots making a rough shape of a mother wild dog with her pups. That was not only her constellation, but also her dream. He knew she wanted a family like the one she had grown up in, and he'd be lying if he said Vumbi didn't remind him of himself...if a bit more put-together and less anxious.

"Well, Vumbi," he said, glancing back down with a wider smile. "I do hope you continue to enjoy your time here with us. It's a great back, a perfect one to raise a family in," he added with a soft chuckle. "I should know. My mate and I came here to do just that."

He paused and tilted his head, blue eyes seeming brighter than they were thanks to the bright nearly full moon. "Although I never thought I'd have another son. In-law, I suppose, but you know...details."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:01 pm
SilverLutz

Vumbi wagged his tail and looked at the other brightly, looking more than happy to be speaking with the other male. It was a good thing to make friends, and Vumbi certainly had a lot of ground to cover now that he was in a new pride and knew basically no one in it.

"I am very happy to be here!" The younger wild dog said with a happy yip, almost bouncing on his front paws. He was excitable, sometimes, and thinking about all these new things that were waiting for him really got his brain turning. He was just so happy.

He knew this place was going to be perfect for him. The more time he spent here, the more he talked to others and learned about his new home, the more he came to realize he had somehow managed to find perfection.

Wait, what was that Asku just said?

"Wait... son in law? Do you mean me or... oh. Oh is Taigi your... oh! I'm sorry, I had no idea! I... I think I've made an idiot of myself."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:00 pm
As realization dawned on Vumbi, Aksu had to laugh. It wasn't malicious or intending to be mean, it was just a treat to see the other wild dog put two and two together.

"I'm sorry," he said, waving a paw, not wanting Vumbi to think he was being rude. "You're just about the furthest thing from an idiot I've had the pleasure of meeting," he added, smiling gently. "She's one of my eight pups, yes. Takes after her mother in both appearance and attitude, so I'm not surprised you didn't see or notice the resemblance."

He paused, ears flicking forward as his smile lessened, expression turning only slightly serious. "From what I've seen thus far, I feel like you'd be a good match for her. She's rather flighty and needs someone to ground her and, while you have a happy energy about you, you also have a calm one." Asku was silent for a moment before nodding.

"Yes...if you do intend to stay, and pursue Taigi, you have my blessing. Not sure if you wanted it or not but...well. You have it."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:16 pm
SilverLutz

Vumbi felt terribly embarrassed, though he was glad Asku thought he was a good match for Taigi. A good match? What if she was not sure he was a good match for her? That was her choice of course, but he was hopeful that, after their interactions and his staying here... well now his brain was getting all muddled, and he cleared his throat before he spoke.

His voice still cracked awkwardly.

"I... I really appreciate that. Your daughter seems to be a very lovely wild dog and I have to admit, I think she stole something from my heart when we first met, and I don't know if I want to get it back, if she wants to keep it. I just... I just want to be around her, and I... I'm not trying to sound strange or like... well. Thank you, for your blessing, that really means a lot to me. And for welcoming me here."

This new home was really turning out to be a very good choice for him, and he so far had nothing to regret.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:25 pm
Asku shook his head at the thanks and stood, moving from the water to stand directly before Vumbi. "If that's the case. Vumbi, then I'm sure you've stolen some bit of hers as well. She's a very kind girl, but other than her siblings, never really made any friends growing up. So the fact that she's welcomed you into the pack, is hanging around with you...it's a good sign."

He gave Vumbi a little shake of his head, a wry smile on his muzzle. "And if you do end up becoming mates...you're in for an adventure. You remind me a bit of myself, actually, and I know that Taigi takes after her mother...Namid, my mate, has certainly changed my way of thinking and living. And made me far more anxious than I ever was, which is saying something."

He patted Vumbi's paw with his own. "But don't let my words dishearten you. I'm sure you two will do just fine."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:09 pm
SilverLutz

Vumbi smiled, ears a little drooped, but he was feeling hopeful and happy. Really, all he wanted to do was go and find Taigi now, and tell her all about this encounter, though he was not sure if she would find it as interesting as he did. Embarrassing and awkward, but very interesting.

"I... I won't be disheartened! I'll take care of her, if she wants me to. I'm going to be her friend and make her happy, either way." He smiled and nodded his head, wagging his tail now.

This was going to be an adventure.

"I think I'm going to go and look for her now. I have a strong urge to just go and talk to her, since I've been talking about her so much." He laughed and gave Asku a bright smile, nodding his head. "Thank you again!"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:41 pm
"Very good," Asku said with a kind smile on his face. He'd have to pay more attention to his children now that they were of the age where mates were becoming a real possibility.

"Yes, go ahead, don't let me hold you up," he said, waving a paw in the direction of the dens. "If you ever have questions or just feel like talking I'm always around. And you're very welcome. Thank you for promising to take such good care of her."

Even if they just remained friends - which Asku couldn't see, since Taigi had never taken an interest in anyone outside of her family before - he knew she'd be in good paws. He returned to the little river to continue his bath, a delighted smile on his face.

Lithiasaur
Last one from me!

[IC] Nyota-Wasomaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces