• Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:21 pm
User Image

Jelani WC- 1,043
Abila WC- 1,128

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:23 pm

Abila ------------------>
It was weeks in and finally they showed the all knowing stripes of their father. Most did- except for one. Which they all seemed to show signs of being healthy- even causing trouble already.

"MUM MUM!" The darkest one of the bunch pretty much jumped on top of the whiter of the cubs. "Mum- I saw some cubs down on the ground floor- can WE GOOO~~~~~~~~!!!!" "He only wants to go because he wants to scare the scardy cat down there. You know the shakey one-" Pointing out in to the outside of their den.

Abila looked down... Genuinely and blankly not able to understand the concept. "No." Ears back down. "Go take a shower in the kittens pool." Which was literately just was just a puddle. "Thank gawd your not asking for more milk-" Rolling her eyes- she was tired and every move she made was more and more taxing. "Where is that damn nanny.." Ears back as she made her way to the outside of the den.. Waiting..

What did she expect from this.. avoid Jelani for forever. Well- the names. She hadn't thought of those- just calling them babies. Half weren't even named yet. "This is not a way to raise a family.."

Jelani ------------------------>
Jelani had been out hunting for his new family. He was thrilled that the cubs were his if not to provide some form of stability in his life and not to make a mockery of him in the pride. His dark hues were set on the den as he carried a gazelle in his mouth and one on his back. He could’ve eaten one by himself but he had to provide for Abila who was seemingly hating motherhood, and also providing milk to his offspring. As well as his mini mes. They all wore his stripes except the purple cub but he supposed one with his stripes would have been enough. He looked at Abila as she stood in the den’s entrance. The little white cub they decided was Jamari, or ‘Mari’ was dancing around her feet.

When Mari saw her dad walking up she ran out from the den’s entrance to tackle his feet. They were getting more and more curious. He scooped the other gazelle on his back before picking up the playfully growling and purring kit in his maw. He walked past Abila giving her a watchful eye before entering the den to see the other cubs scattered about and making a mess of the place. He shrugged off the gazelles and put his daughter down. “What have I said about leaving the den?” he questioned staring down at her.

“Don’t do it,” she responded sadly, her golden eyes staring up at him. Jelani looked down at the pouting cub and smiled, softly before nuzzling her and laying down from exhaustion. He should’ve expected to get tackled but he hadn’t and his son Modi came in like a train from behind biting at his mane. He fell backwards and let the cub do as he pleased, pawing at the black fluff of fur and pretending to bite him. Mari then pounced on his chest and the cubs seemed to be on a mission of taking down their father.

The white cub propped his head up. Then dashed away. "Hey- your gunna hurt him!" When the dark cub saw his twin and sister tackle he couldn't help but dodge over and try to naw on any remaining limbs. "RAWRRR!!" He nawed.. Was Abila the only one who didn't know what to make of them all.. In turn she just... left. When then the nanny stopped by. "Lady Abila?" Bowing her head. "Yes.. I .. will be going now. Please take care of them."

"My lady-" And Abila was gone. The fears of motherhood had scared her- being with someone who she couldn't even enjoy herself and she was breaking down slowly.... Rada came to her side. "You feeling alright?" "Yea.. I ... just I'm going to go to the edge.. I kinda need some time alone." "Oh.." Rada's ears went back...

The white cub propped his ears up. "...Where's mum?" The darker one looked back at him. "Who cares! Get dad! RAWWRR"

Their mother was not in need of their care. At the top of the crater- she looked down and remembered what it was like outside. Ears back down. "I can't do this. I'm not a good mother. I don't know what to do.. What should I do----" Growling.

Jelani played with his cubs before rolling over to lay down, “Alright!” he responded. His tail flicked and soon it was in his daughter’s mouth. He huffed before making his way to the first Gazelle and starting to tear into it for the cubs. His teeth shredding them into smaller pieces. Half the time they just played with it. He took a few mouthfuls for himself before getting up from the ground.

Mari looked at him knowingly, “Where you going?” she questioned. She had a fear that everytime he left he wouldn’t come back.

“Just outside,” he responded, licking the cowlick from her forehead. “I will be back. Be good for the nanny,” he responded. He moved outside, making sure there were no little ones attached to him before wandering off in Abila’s direction. Her scent was still there and seeing Rada’s hurt expression he assumed he was on the right path.

He saw her looking over the edge and he felt somewhat panicked, though he still wasn’t happy she had just left. “What are you doing?” he questioned in the void tone he had picked up since he had found out that night. He sat back on his haunches watching the younger female, unknowing what to expect.

The purpled darkness of her body straightened out as if she knew somewhere were coming and she turned her head only to see that it wasn't Rada. Huffing she turned away as she casually dried her tears as if she were fixing her face. "I am out to take some air." Turning her face away more. "What- can I not do that neither." Finally she looked at him.

One could tell she was exhausted... "Or just everything I do is going to be under a supervision. Even with my cubs. I can't even leave my DEN without a guard and can't even leave the pride anymore. I don't know- do you have anything to do with it?" The sides of her cheeks with tears marks.

Jelani ' s expression was placid as she spoke. She expected sympathy from him when he couldn't trust her. "Maybe instead of thinking it's because I do not trust you, which I dont," he added quickly. "It's because I do not desire my cubs to grow up without a mother or look like their father," he responded. It was true he knew the dangers of the rogue lands. If she were injured or killed and the cubs had no mother they wouldn't have survived. Even now it would be devastating. "I don't want my cubs to grow up like I did, forgive me for caring," he responded. "I will leave you to your air," he responded before turning away from her. He knew she didn't know about him growing up as an orphan. He didn't care to tell her tragic story he thought it not worth the trouble.

If he gave a little... if she gave a little. Maybe. "Why would I go off with another. Haven't you ever thought of that." Looking away.. But then he opened up, something she really hadn't expected from him. An.. orphan? Without a mother? She wouldn't know what she would do without her mother. It hit her- deep.. like a sharp pain and when she was just about to say something he was already leaving her with her words in her mouth.

"Wait." SHe finally had the courage to say. "Can we just. I can't... its.. like I can't even go inside anymore. I just.." Sighing.. "I can't live like this anymore!" And when she slammed her fist against the crater's edge- the rock beneath her cave and she felt her body's gravity pull down. "AHH!!" SHe yelled out and quickly tried to grab ahold of something- anything, and her body couldn't just as easily fell over the wall.. She felt her heart skip a beat -

"JELANI!" Then she felt the feeling of someone's body pulling her close- she could see that if they hadn't.... she could have fell too her death and that was one long way down.. Her eyes went big and quickly closed shut. Saving her... When pulled to at least where she could get her footing down- she turned around and hugged him.. burring her face in his fur- any part of him. Her paws were still shaking.. and her heart still racing from the short lived experience.

"Because you have already," he responded and he couldn't hold the bitterness from his tone. "How would you prefer to live Abila?" He questioned and as he did the rocks beneath her started to crumble away. He grabbed her by the scruff of the neck in his maw like he did with the cubs and pulled her back to saftey. He heard her scream his name though he wasn't sure why. If he wasn't here who would have saved her? He wasn't sure what to do so he just held her there. "Let's go home," he said stiffly.

Everything felt like it was breaking apart. It was hurting and it felt like her chest was breaking. She had cubs with the wrong male... maybe the other would have been better- she could escape not being loved enough.. As they were there in silence she started to cry.. When he told her that they should go home- she pulled away from his grasp. "I don't want to go- that isn't a home!" That hurt all over her face, painted there plain as day.

The night wasn't even able to hide it, especially not from her tone. "Those cubs don't deserve this- I can't keep doing this- you're just here for the cubs! You were always just here because you HAD to! Do you even love them!?" Going up to his face when he had that she already had been with another- and with every feeling of hurt- she slapped him across the face.. Which probably wasn't a good idea. "BECAUSE YOU NEVER LOVED ME!" As soon as she striked him.. she understood she did wrong.. taking an uneasy step back, right to where the rock was loose from before. Where she almost fell to her death if he hadn't saved her.

She didn't mean to strike him- but he stabbed her with his words. "I'll make sure they go to homes that love them- and I'm going to someone who DOES love me. I suggest you find out who you love- and go to THEM instead- Like ATHENA." Which she was so very easily could strike him back with. Then turned around and jumped down to the ledge.. freedom.. freedom.. To be with him. That enchanting male that she had known before. Drawing to him, and finally- after giving her cubs away.. maybe now she could finally be with him. Little did she know... that she would never see him again. Oblivious to this she stopped mid-way. That feeling in her chest.. still felt constricting for some reason.. She didn't know why.. Like something wasn't right..

Jelani stayed where he was his face hardened and his lip in a thin line. "I am growing tired of your childish antics Abila," he responded. His eyes rolled at her words before narrowing her. "If you want to choose to not be a mother, that is your choice. BUT I WILL NOT let you take them from me," he snarled back at her. Carefully after he felt her claws against his face he chose his words, "How would you know?" He questioned.

"You never asked." He shook his head at her, "I was wrong you arent fit to be a council member nor a mother. I have no feelings for Athena aside that of a close friend like Rada. Do what you wish but the only parts of your lover you'll find are the parts the maggots haven't got to," their was an eerie tone to his voice. "I cannot change the way you feel, but i am done being your door mat and the mockery of the pride for your childish behavior," he growled. "Don't bother coming back to my den tonight, your attitude is unworthy of our children," and with that he left her their as he ran off without her for the first time. He loved her dearly but he couldnt take the pain anymore. When he got back to the den the nanny was still their. He shooed her off and his cubs came tiredly over before nestling into his fur and falling asleep. He however could not find the peace to fall asleep.

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
[IC] Kuroi'Nera Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items