• Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:40 pm
User Image

Jelani WC- 791
Abila WC- 709
Rada WC- 429

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:16 pm

Abila and NPC Witch Doctor ------------------>
There was one witch doctor; which was equivalent to a nurse. Slowly she helped cue Abila.. enough to start giving birth. It was nearing sunset... and just trickles of orange light flashed within the birthing dens. Which were loaded with different springs. Abila was in a much shallower one. Having not been too keen on the idea of being in the water for that long of a time. Before the nurse knew it.

User ImageUser Image

One had already came out... but it was rapidly followed by a one that looked nearly identical. Well they did. Their marks still hadn't grown in..

Quickly the nurse dunked them in the water to clean them and placed them on the rock slab next to them. "Come on... I know there is more in that huge stomach of yours." Which really wasn't big at all. Not like the other cubs that seemed to have been coming.

It took a few hours.. no sign of another push for more. Just those two dark black cubs. Ears were plastered down as she tried to gain breath. "Are they.. breathing..." She asked.. "Yes." The nurse looked at the new mother. "They're moving. It looks like your not gunna push out anymore now... come on. Lift up.." As she helped to push her up.. and then she handed the babies over. They were so tiny.. and they came out of her.. her eyes were glowing already with love for them.. they were hers.. all hers. Closing her eyes..

"Do you want me to get the father while we wait?"
"No.. I don't want to be alone."
"It will just be for a short time-"
Then those same eyes began to look harsh. "If he is not here- then your not here- and if I have cubs something could happen to them!" A silence drew out between the nurse and her. "I'm sorry..."
"No your right.. I should have gotten a guard.. doesn't one usually follow you?"
"Yes... the guard that once followed me was my husband."

Jelani ------------------------>
Jelani was spending the evening chatting with Athena, a new member. It was becoming a habit, they spoke of each other’s sorrows while going on patrols, walks out to the rogue lands, and hunting. They were taking a breather under some shade when Espoir made her way over to mention off hand she had seen Abila going to the birthing dens. He gave Athena a nod off and excused himself before wandering towards the dens. If they were his kids, he wanted to say he was there. Wandering through the tunnels he finally smelled Abila and the nurse. He was quiet and stealthy per usual. When he arrived he saw the two black crying kits on the stone and thus far it wasn’t looking too good. He sat back on his haunches watching over them curiously but said nothing.

Abila and NPC Witch Doctor ------------------>
Another few hours and the middle cub was born.

User Image

"A girl." She almost felt relieved.. Purple- like her mother. "She looks like her grandmother." "Lady Tabia? I heard she was beautiful..." "She IS." A smile creased on her maw... Yet again.. another few hours and it seemed like that was it. Three cubs, and after a few hours- already close to night the nurse announced. "Three beautiful cubs. Here- let me help you-" And as soon as Abila went to get up out of the water... she started screaming and crouched down... "Lady Abila!" Trying to cuue and sooth her. "Woah-"

Then two bundles of white had come out of her at the same time.. trying to push their way out and the nurse tried her best to help ease their arrival as to not stress the cubs too. "Can't you get back in to the water?" "NOOO!!" She screamed..pushing...
her body enough until the two finally came out. As white as snow...

User ImageUser Image

Her stomach was empty and now she was painfully exhausted enough to lose conciousness. "Lady Abila- Abila?!" The nurse quickly pulled the cubs, cleaned them but not nearly as good as the others and placed them on the slab as she tried to wake Abila.. Looking around desperately. "I should have asked someoen to help me- I should have asked someoen to help me-" The nurses nerves were rattling. Checking Abila's pulse. "Someone! IS ANYONE THERE!" She called out.. as the cubs started to mew and cry..

Jelani watched, his tail flicking anxiously as another came out. A purple female. So far it wasn’t looking good, and that’s when the complications started happening. Apparently two wanted to come at the same time. He was getting more and more worried, no matter the troubles he had with Abila he still cared for her, no matter how she had hurt him. Jelani snarled at the nurse. “Go now!” his voice raised as it would be if he was in battle. He looked at the two white cubs and licked them clean to settle them down before looking over at Abila. She was stable, she was just out. Probably from shock or pain, the doctor would have a remedy for that. When he saw the white cubs he had more hope the cubs were his though he couldn’t be sure until their colors came in.

Lulu ( Plague Doctor ) x NPC Witch Doctor ------------------>
Soon the nurse came back with reinforcements. The Plague Doctor herself- Lulu. The nurse came in with another guard as well. Lulu looked things over, checked on every which of the cubs first. The new blood was always first. Then it was Abila's turn. "She is just out-" "Her breath slowed to nearly nothing!" "She just gave birth." Sighing as she looked through her satchel with varies things she could have helped bring teh babies out in to the world with, this one was a small little coconut shaving that she put under her nose.. Waving it around... And soon Abila followed the scent..

Her eyes slitted open with seeing all those faces starring down at her.. Then closed her eyes yet again- "Not so fast." As Lulu opened up her mouth and shoved a ton of weeds in her mouth. Closing her air ways and her mouth until she swallowed it. "She should be fine when she wakes, I suggest you take a nurse or nanny to help the cubs feed. She needs rest." Obvious things.

Then she started to wrap the cubs one by one until they were able to be stacked on top of each other. "You carrying the cubs or the mother." Looking over at the father.. or so she assumed with how the white babies didn't look like the mother.

The guard- a leopard was there, acting as a pack mule to help transport the children.. and with pelts to carry either of them comfortablely.

“I will,” he responded. Once again he didn’t want to risk the chance of not taking care of his children. The white ones made it stand out for a good chance, but if she cheated with one whose to say she couldn’t cheat with anyone else. He took the stacked cubs. He moved over to Abila and moved his head under her body so she was over his shoulders. Standing up with her on his back he moved to pick up the satchel of cubs. “Tell Rada to stand guard outside my den, be prepared for a midnight call,” he responded before carting off his possible family towards his den.

Rada x Espoir------------------>
Lulu nodded, and quickly the guard put the furs upon Jelani, and he and the nurse disappeared... Lulu stayed in the birthing dens.. Blankly.
It didn't take long before Rada was already in front of the den. It was her friends that needed her- and the arrival of their cubs. Unlike everyone else whos in to rumors, she had no part in that. In fact, she had her own problems as it was trying to maintain a relationship with her underground lover, an entertainer. She took the time off, and rushed to their dens- it was late night.. Her eyes scanning the area.. Espoir had come by. "Remember that your place Espoir. Leave." She took a strong step forward.

"She is my friend too."
"Her husband doesn't want you around."
"It isn't his choice."
"It's HIS DEN."

With a disgruntle sound coming out of her.. she escaped in to the darkness of the night. Probably still Rada might have to watch out for her. She had hoped that Espoir would get over the fact, and leave these two alone- but she saw the heartbreak in the hybrid's eyes...

"Jelani." As soon as he came up, she offered to help him with either or of the load he had. "Jeez, what happened to her?"

Jelani looked around as soon as he got a whiff of Espoir around his den, his ears flattened and he looked around. He liked Rada and he assumed she chased him off like he preferred. It made it difficult when they were all the same rank within the pride. He trusted Rada though. Espoir was a snake in the grass waiting to bite him with every chance she got.

“Complicated birth. First time mother. Take your pick,” he stated simply. He shook off her help but nodded to her, “You can come inside,” he responded. He imagined she would want to be with her friend and know how she was doing rather than be outside all night wondering what was happening. He walked into the den and got Abila off of him and onto the nest of cloth and furs he had been collecting. He preferred it to the ground, he hated being dirty and being white made that difficult. Next was the satchel of cubs that were mewing from being hungry. He stretched out his limbs once all the weight was off of him and shook out his mane. “Thank you Rada,” he responded easily, he knew she would know it was for Espoir as well as being there. He didn’t want to have to deal with Espoir at the moment, he was sure there would come a day where they would have to put their fighting to rest by way of claw and fang. It was the only way to settle some matters.

Rada------------------>
She was quick to re-adjust them and get them all to where they needed to be. Even put some more furs on top of Abila... "I guess... being a first time mom kicks your butt." She said as she tried to put the cubs on to a teet. "Um.. I never did this before.." Literately pushing the cub's face in to it and it wouldn't lach on. "Im not good at this- why didn't you keep a nanny or something man.." Almost sounding fustrated but she wanted to be there for her friends. Then slowly she turned around when he thanked her. A smile crossed her maw, and she sighed. While she was relaxed- the cub lached on and a proud look wen on her face. "Did you see that! Wow they're umm... um.. cute?"

When all seemed right... she took a step back and looked them over. "Do you need anything else?"

Just around that time.. Abila slowly started to come around. Blinking. "I'll stand guard outside..." Then quickly retired..

A soft blink or two.. everything seemed blurry and the sounds of mewing made her head ache.. But by this time- some of the cubs were starting to show their markings.. And surprisingly.. most came out striped.. Especially the white ones.. theirs came in first.

Jelani shrugged, “I wouldn’t know,” his tone matter of fact, as she mentioned first time moms. “Well I haven’t either. He sat back watching her, before pawing at one of the cubs that was crawling too far away. Jelani raised a brow at her exclamation, a slow smirk spreading across his face. “I guess so…pretty defenseless now. But at least they cant get into much trouble,” he tried to stay on the positive side. He nodded to Rada who left the den. Jelani laid down on the other side of the den giving Abila her space, and his own. It still hadn’t been the same since he found out, and he was having a hard time figuring it out how to make it work. He did know that she wouldn’t be seeing the gypsy boy again, he had made sure of that.

Abila ------------------>
She was in the midst of sleep and consciousness. Waving between them felt exhausting and although initially all was well. The feeling she got.. Lifting up her head slightly to see the cubs fighting each other to get to her milk.. She was... a mother. Shouldn't she have been happy? This was what she dreamed of- a family of her own... When Jelani settled down beside them, but away enough... she simply couldn't function to argue- nor function enough to ask him to get closer. Instead... she simply lowered her head... and let her unconcious mind take over her. It was a long.. and straining process and she didn't need anything to add to it. Just that all the cubs were healthy..

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
[IC] Kuroi'Nera Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items