Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Sacrifices (Pachua/Jove)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grey Dragon
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:06 am
Jove had been having a perfectly normal time for once. Everything had been quiet on campus, no big disasters to speak of, nobody needing rescuing or fighting or any of that nonsense. The biggest worry for the little pup had been getting to his many part time jobs on time.

Until he woke up from that terrible dream with grass in his mouth and a knot of anxiety in his stomach.

It hadn't been the first time Jove had experienced bizarre dream-related phenomenon. In one long sleep they had been shadows of themselves, regaining thoughts and memories and even themselves piece by piece in a bizarre, changing world. Before that a great number of them had just not woken up, and had to be rescued from the reality constructed around them. Jove could still remember that little fragment of himself that had lived, died, and been sacrificed in that fake reality.

But unlike the others, this dream had been too normal. It had been himself and his friends, and people he had failed to protect. His pet Llyr, and Matty, and the other new students who simply didn't know what they were getting into.

He hadn't said much immediately after the event, and somehow restrained himself from doing anything too drastic. But now, a couple days later, he was still angry with himself, and feeling terribly out of sorts as he paced at the edge of the woods on campus. It was just a dream, but why was it still bothering him? What could he do to get it all sorted out in his head again?

Endejester

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:01 pm
Grey Dragon

Even days later Pachua still felt… off, he might have finally snapped at Remi, and some at Amrita but, he felt something still between guilt and fear that mingled like a sickness in the pit of his stomach. He felt… judged. He’d chosen to do something behind those doors on the assumption and hope that he’d be doing not one but two people a profound favor. Now he just felt sure that people were judging him as ‘stupid’ for what he did…and he himself was feeling just as bad for how hard his hands had shook, on top of how profoundly Remi had scolded him.

He saw, as he walked a newly familiar face, the well-meaning Boil who had tried so hard to take the knife away. He hesitated for a long moment, not wanting to approach.

It’d all been a dream…right? It was all Alice because there hadn’t been a door, there was never –really- a knife but…

But it had been a strange and communal dream like wonderland. It had lasting effects even when you didn’t want it to.

And perhaps he should at least say thank you to someone for trying.  

endejester

Feral Cat

Grey Dragon
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:02 pm
If Pachua had any hesitance, Jove clearly did not. The instant he caught sight of the other boil his ears perked up and he scowled fiercely. Even his fluff seemed to puff up, ghostly hackles raising in immediate recognition.

The pup said not a single word as he purposefully strode over, and then whacked Pachua upside the head with an invisible ghostly tendril. It was the sort of thing often accompanied by 'you should know better', and even though Jove didn't speak that was exactly what his expression said. As small and fluffy as he was, he seemed unafraid of retaliation from the taller boil. The pup merely glared sternly as though demanding an explanation.

endejester

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:42 pm
Grey Dragon

He jerked, startled by the smack, and then, with his rising indignation his feathers puffed out, rising and spreading into a wide fluffy PUFF, the top edge of the wings tipping downward and fanning the wings out before he snapped his wings up and clapped his wings to either side of Jove. A great puffy smack of wings, fortunately not at his hardest but much fluff, feathers and down feathers flying out.

His shoulders rose indignant and his tail feathers quivered with a small rattle of his thick quills, jutting his chin up.  

endejester

Feral Cat

Grey Dragon
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:08 am
Jove may not have had wings, but the little foxfire responded by puffing up in kind and batting at the feathers with his little fists. Despite his scowl, he was not interesting in fighting with Pachua, but he would give the feathered serpent hell if he had to!

Although he was tempted, Jove resisted the urge to escalate the situation to the level of a childish smack fight by giving the boil another swat. Instead he snorted loudly, and jerked his head in a 'follow me' gesture. Then he strode off, without looking back to see if Pachua was actually following him.

endejester

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:39 pm
Pachua made an almost strangled sound of irritation with a distinct hissss under currant. Shaking out his wings and smoothing the feathers like Jove was an impudent child who had just not only touched the glass at the candy counter but licked it too.

His jaw dropped at the boil's audacity to summon him, but none the less with clenched fists, puffed feathers and stomping feet he followed, muttering and hissing under his breath.

Grey Dragon
Sorry!! Phone tag!

endejester

Feral Cat

Grey Dragon
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:10 am
The pup headed towards the woods, his pace shifting from that determined stride to a light step that barely disturbed the foliage and fallen leaves underfoot. This was the wisp's comfort zone, he felt even more at home amongst the trees than in the school. And he was fast. Without even paying attention he skipped over fallen logs and hopped up steep embankments, an easy feat for a ghost who weighed less than most minipets.

Finally he slowed down near a small stream, where the canopy broke overhead to create a small, sunny field on the far embankment. Jove hopped over the stream with ease and began searching for something amidst the grass.

endejester

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:23 am
Pachua broke the silence at last, confused and watching the small boil searching for…for what he didn’t know. He felt awkward trying to stumble along behind the whole way with two –feet- and watching Jove moving forward like a ghost over everything.

“What…what are you looking for?” He asked cautiously. If there was going to be another smack involved he wanted to know.  

endejester

Feral Cat

Grey Dragon
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:59 pm
Jove's ears turned backwards every now and again, making sure the other student was following, but he didn't actually look back until he found what he was looking for.

With a tail wag he parted the long grass, and motioned with a tilted head for Pachua to come see.

It was a rather simple thing, a large hill of pale sand. There were ants all over it, going in and out at the top, trudging along in single file lines that spread out into the grass in many directions. It was a veritable ant metropolis. But what Jove was pointing at was not the hill itself, but a beetle making it's way up the hill towards the entrance. It was upside down, legs curled up like a dead thing.

But what the pup really wanted Pachua to see was the large group of ants that supported the beetle. It looked awkward, yes, but it was achieving the goal where one ant alone couldn't.

endejester

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:42 pm
Pachua stared at the laborious process that was being undergone to move the beetle, and then turned to look at Jove with an arched eyebrow and sighed quietly.

“You know… it works because they each play their part too, not just because they work together. Since I suspect you’re trying to scold me about what I did behind that door.” He gave a stern gaze and let out a soft sigh again, sweeping a hand through the bright blue of his bangs.

“It was a chance to get one of them back, to make what Remi did mean more than just… being eaten by a crown-shadow-monster thing.” He crinkled his nose at the other Boil.

“… Going to smack me again? Cause I’d do it again, even not knowing it was a dream. Maybe I’d even do it to save you because you cared enough to smack me.”

He flashed a grin and stuck out a forked tongue for a moment, for once a teasing gesture rather than strictly to taste the air. He spread his wings and reached forward with one with the same comfort someone else might have used an arm and waved it lightly at the other boil, not quite touching but intended somehow to be inclusive.

“Can you speak at all?” he asked after a moment.

Grey Dragon

endejester

Feral Cat

Grey Dragon
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:30 pm
Jove met the stern gaze with an even expression. He could be difficult to read sometimes, but he had become very used to communicating with his more 'chatty' peers. This time Pachua seemed to get the hint.

However, the boil was insistent. Perhaps their stubborn streaks were evenly matched. Jove could appreciate Pachua's desire to rescue his friend, but there were times when you couldn't bank on being able to save anyone. Sometimes you could only try to help the ones who were still there, and bargain or no bargain, you never knew what would be thrown at you next.

He didn't reach out to smack Pachua, all he did was snort loudly, a canine expression of displeasure. Displeasure and... almost a wry humour. Yeah, he could definitely appreciate that determination.

Reading the winged gesture the way his brother would have used it, the little foxfire stepped a little closer to the other boil and let the grass spring back into place hiding the anthill. And again came that snort. Of course he could speak.

endejester

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:14 am
“Well, If you can, you’re very quiet.” He said refolding the wing carefully. “It’s not that I think I’m –worthless-“ He said carefully after a moment. “It’s just that…. It’s just that, I have reasons, that I… just.” He waved his hands with a small rattle of jewelry.

“I have a lot of reasons to do what I did, and Remi is… or was, I like to think he still is, my friend. And that he has someone he’d do that for… well they must be a good soul yes?” He shrugged again, giving up it seemed on trying to sway you to his side, but also looking unlikely to change his own opinion.

“If we’re lucky, there won’t be a next time like that, besides I already snapped at Remi too for being an idiot about it.” He rolled his eyes. “Not that it will make any kind of difference on that fluff headed fox.”

For all the irritation in his words there was a level of affection too though.

Grey Dragon

endejester

Feral Cat

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas