Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[PRP] Mother to Mother (Trager and Linwelin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:55 pm
User Image

Trager had just arrived at the trading post, looking to do what every girly girl loved to do: shop! She had brought with her a large sack full of extra fruit she had gathered, hoping it would be useful for trade if she found something she liked. Trager was mostly looking for things for her home... but maybe if there was some sort of fashion accessory that she had to have (and was able to trade her fruit for)... well maybe she would treat herself.

Trager saw something that made her think of one of her sons and smiled softly as she handled the small blanket. Her boys were grown up now, perhaps soon to start their own lives. Although, Dysmas seemed hesitant to leave the nest, but he was finding love and Trager was enjoying watching that in her sons' lives. Her own love life had been at a stalemate for ages now. She hadn't really called it quits with the boys' father, but it wasn't really going anywhere either. Her whole life really felt stale, especially now that she wasn't so focused on raising the children.

At least there was the trading post, it always had new and refreshing things to see, even if she couldn't usually have them.

As Trager turned a corner she saw a large ceramic vase, beautiful, but it looked like it was about to fall, right on top of a fussing infant! Trager swooped in to pick up the baby, the vase fell. "There, there." Trager coo'd as she bounced the baby on her hip, the motion coming back easily even with it being so many seasons since she had done it with her boys. "Where's your parents?" Trager asked as she poked her head around, looking for someone who could claim the little girl.

Trager spotted a pae looking through some food. "Excuse me, ma'am?" Trager asked, approaching the black and yellow pae.

Shicala

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:20 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.As usual the toddler in question was trying to get into things she really shouldn't be. She was pulling on a chunk of cloth when suddenly the world dropped from under her and she found herself on a hip being bounced and cooed at. Seren's burbling and babbles ceased as she looked up confused, who was this lady?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Seren what should we get for you to try next??" Lin was still trying to be the parent he wound up being put in the position of trying to become. He knew nothing about raising a child but he had had a sudden and unexpected visit from a stork but a short time before. "Se..." his daughter's sounds stopped and a moment later before Lin had realized what had happened he was being beckoned, at least he was sure he was at any rate. Lin turned towards the voice, an apple in one hand and a plum in the other "Yes?... Why do you have Seren?" His brow raised in confusion, why was she holding her, well he'd have to sort this one out. Moving the plum from one hand to the other he reached for the little purple toddler
Wolfs Heart

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:00 am
There was some reluctance to Trager handing the baby over, it had been so long since she had held a little one. When the other pae reached for the girl though, Trager really didn't have a choice but to reunite the parent and her child. Trager still hadn't quite realized that the other pae wasn't really a female.

"I'm sorry, she was just over here," Trager beckoned to really close by where the vase had fallen over. Seeing that it had fallen over, the angel made a quick motion to pick it up. "I didn't want to see her get hurt, she's lovely." Trager had to admit to herself, she would have loved to have a girl.

Shicala

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:31 am
Seren began her usual babble with the odd loud happy screech once she was in Lin's arm once again. And she wiggled in an attempt to get her parent to put her down to the ground again, she liked to explore.

Lin on the other hand, it was obvious, hadn't still quite picked up on the natural way to hold a toddler. When he took Seren he held her facing away from him with an arm looped under hers across her chest. He sighed slightly when the female pae motioned to what Seren had been getting into, "Sorry she liked to get into things a lot" he admitted as he struggled to keep Seren from getting free once more. "Thanks for looking out for her, I appreciate it. I'm Lin and this lil wiggleworm is Seren" he introduced himself and the toddler to the female in front of him.
Wolfs Heart

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:24 pm
Shicala

"Yes... children tend to be that way." Trager said it in a dreamy, reminiscent sort of way. She made it sound like it wasn't that bad, and it certainly had been a headache at the time, but Trager sort of missed chasing after the littles as they tried to find new ways to kill themselves.

"My name is Trager, it's nice to meet you Lin...and you too Seren." Trager turned and leaned to coo at the child. Standing upright she looked at Lin, uncertain if she should give advice to the other mother or not. She might not want advice after-all. The female seemed nice enough and perhaps overwhelmed, so Trager decided it would be safe to speak up. "If you don't mind me saying... Seren might be happier in your arms if you hold her differently." Trager said softly.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:03 am
Lin looked a lil sheepish as he replied "I've never really had experience with babies before" he admitted. He nodded at the introduction "Nice to meet you Trager hun" He shifted the squirming child and set the items in his other hand down "How, uhm... How would you suggest" he asked hearing her advice. He'd had had anyone else speak up and try to suggest things to make this at all easier.

Seren quieted when the funny lady leaned closer, she reached out catching hold of a lock of hair with a giggle before the lady stood back up and whined as most of the lock of hair was pulled from her grasp.

Wolfs Heart
sry meant to reply to this earlier

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:33 am
Trager gave Lin a reassuring smile, "That's okay, I would imagine a lot of pae don't have experience with a baby until they all of a sudden have one." She didn't have experience with babies when her boys came along. Experience with a teenager? Yes. And in a lot of way the two stages were very similar.
Trager had wanted to find a prince charming and be a mother more than anything, that had helped when she had her own surprise after a night with too much to drink.

"Ooo." Trager's eyes widened as she felt the tug of her hair as it slipped out of the grasp of the baby. She might not have missed that small detail about children. "Here," Trager said softly, deciding to show the mother a better way to hold the baby, rather then explain it. With the baby still in Lin's arms, Trager gave Seren a reassuring pat on the back as she shifted Lin's arms and Seren until she was in a position that she might enjoy more.

Shicala
I googled proper ways to hold a baby... and there was mixed results. You've actually had a baby, so I'm sure you know better than me smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:42 am
Lin set the items he was holding on the table nearest him as the female in front of him gave him some tips about how he could better hold his daughter. "So you really think this way is better?" he questioned looking down at the now not-so-wiggly toddler in his arms sitting slightly on his hip. Well he supposed it was true, he certainly didn't feel like he was going to drop her so much this way.

Losing complete grasp of the lady's hair made her whimper more, that is until she figured out at this new angle she was being held at she now had far better access to her dad's hair and grasped it giving it a good baby-tug with one thumb in her mouth at the same time.

Wolfs Heart

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:45 pm
Shicala
[Hey sorry it's taken me sooooo long to get back on these rp's. sweatdrop

As she let Lin have a moment to figure it out for herself, Trager held off on answering the question and was well pleased when it seemed to settle the baby pae down.

Of course... there was a downside for Linwelin holding the little girl this way, the sacrifice every mother made: her long hair. Trager made a sheepish face, "At least she's not reaching for things that might hurt her now? And I'm sure it must be nice to cuddle sort of." It almost was enough to make Trager want another one, the thought of holding the soft little bundle in her arms. "There's no love quite like that..." Trager said, smiling affectionately at the duo.  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games