Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[JRP] Moving or standing still? (Oddmund x Valbergur)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dulcea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:23 pm
Oddmund shuffled through the brush on his belly, snuffling his squat, scarred snout along the dirt. He'd smelled it coming through here, he just knew it. Wild boar, the juiciest. But he hadn't caught it yet, despite all the snares he'd set along the torn paths. Well, he'd caught a lot of things, but none so tasty as he knew that boar would be. Sighing, he lifted his head up, tangling his mane in bits of old root. "Damn it all," he cursed, batting at the bits that clung to him as he tried to free himself from the brush, "Weren't so many things here yesterday." Or he'd been drunker yesterday, an equal possibility. Speaking of, he could use some of his father's good fresh mint, ground up on the back of his teeth and tingling on his tongue. He licked his lips and laughed to himself as he continued his fight to free himself. His credit on that was running low, he needed this boar. Good leverage.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:44 pm
User Image
He'd heard of the family, but he'd be damned if he'd had any success in finding them yet. He'd picked up the rumor from another captain some months back, and even now as he clung to the hope that there truly were moonshiners in these parts, he was losing hope. He'd been here a million times before and not a soul to be found, not even a flicking clue! The irritation was beginning to drive him mad! Sure, he could go on with his fermented fruit, and had for quite some months now. But even in his dreams, the idea still haunted him. The idea of a stronger, more capable booze. Something that he'd never forget. Valbergur could feel his mouth water even now as he tried to imagine the delicacy sliding down his guzzle Ohh what heaven it would be!

The more he walked, the less he felt like being there! This was all so pointless! There wasn't a sou-

The damned captain couldn't even finish his thought process before he went crashing into the ground face first!

"THE HELL"? He growled as he pulled himself to his feet and did an about face. There he found exactly what had caused his incident, a male with the most convenient markings possible. It was no freaking wonder he hadn't seen him!

"Get yer arse up before I drag it up here!" He grumbled at the male, tapping his foot impatiently. He was going to find out just what he was doing out here ... and if he knew anything ... ANYTHING at all about this moonshine family he so badly wanted to find.

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Dulcea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:51 pm
"I'll put my arse wherever I please," Oddmund barked, shaking out his mane with a force that sent clods of wet dirt toward the captain, "I'm not one of them damn soldiers doing this and that as they're told." He echoed a deep belly laugh, pulling himself free from the brush and stepping off to the side. "I'm funny," he quipped, "They all deny it but if I'm not the funniest critter from here to the waves then we've all gone daft." He sat back on his haunches and stretched upward, scratching absently at a reddening rash on his chest. "What's brought your snippy self out here?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at the other male, "Don't look like the mud-dwelling type."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:04 pm
The corners of Val's maw began to curl up into a smile at the other's sharp wit. "Well wherever you choose to put it, choose quickly! It reaks!" Choosing his own seating arrangement, the captain plopped down in the mud himself, and hardly flinched as she was covered in even more by his new companion. "Normally i'd challenge you on that, but I think you might just have a point this time." Val sniggered at his comment and waited for the male to finally take a seat. "Ahhh at last! My nostrils thank you my friend."

"Snippy? Just who do you think you're talking to?" Half the time Val himself didn't know who he was talking to! but that didn't matter, all he knew is, the other male wasn't a rock, and neither was Val. Or at least ... he was pretty sure. He wasn't about to reach out and poke him to make though ... but it was a damn bright idea, if he did say so himself. "I'm out here looking for the moonshiners. You look like the mud dwellin' type, perhaps you've heard of em?" Val's eyes narrowed to match those of the other male's. If he wanted a pissing contest, he had met his match.

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Dulcea

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:35 pm
"Moonshiners aye?" Oddmund laughed, slapping a paw against his leg, "You come to the right place this time, I'll give ya that." He rubbed the mud off the other paw, offering it with a little flick back toward the center of the pride, "But all that's back there. My name's Oddmund, you're looking for my father or my dear sister I'll bet. I just drink the stuff, traps're more my thing."

His back itched, something felt like it was crawling there under the fur. Grumbling, he reared back on his haunches and tried to find the spot with a claw, though all he succeeded in doing was sling more mud around. "You seen a boar though? I'm looking for one. Good trade."

Depawsit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:48 pm
He hadn't expected much of these moonshiners, if they had existed, and he was pleased to know he was right. Not to say he felt superior to them, but to know he wasn't dealing with someone who would look down on him. They seemed evenly matched, which was exactly the way he liked it.

"Good, that's exactly what I wanted to hear." He grumbled back, wincing his eyes as the mud flicked in random directions. He wasn't one to fear or detest mud, but he would need a nice bath before he went out looking for some companionship later on. "Ah so yer one of em are you?" His voice became less crude more collected and his ears perked at the curiosity of a female moonshiner. Perhaps there was more good to this than he had previously thought.

"A boar?

Can't say that i've seen much of one, but looks like yer on the hunt of a big one."
Noting the male's annoying itch he smirked a bit and took a step forward trying not to laugh at the other's misfortune. "But let's say we help each other out, you scratch my back - i'll scratch your's." Slowly waltzing around to the lion's backside, he unsheathed a single claw and ran it lightly down the male's back in the area he'd been attempting to reach. He wasn't sure it'd work, but he was a lion of his word.

This male wanted a boar for his information? He'd help him find the biggest damned boar they could track.

Dulcea

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Dulcea

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:06 am
"Dispense the fancy talk and you've got my kinda deal," Oddmund grumbled, flicking his ears as the other male reached the spot that had been causing him such discomfort. It was a rough life out in the brush but he'd want no different. "I seent that boar just a few days ago, it tears through here every now an' again but we ain't tried to catch it before. Lotsa little piglets following it round, but not in a while. Too old, I think, ripe for the hunt." He coughed, bringing up bits of gnawed bark, "I see where you're going with this, I get a boar and you get your booze, or whatever you want with em. Ain't no judgement here."

Depawsit

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff