Painted Moose
User Image

It hadn’t been long since Vienna was tossed to the curb by her mistress; a slave without a Master or a home. She felt as if her entire life had been uprooted in only a night’s time. Which, in all actuality, it had! Now she was terribly lonely. All of the friends she had made, everyone who wanted to help her…they were gone. Sighing, Vienna looked up at the dusky morning sun and gave into a sad little smile. At least the Gods had never left her, and that was something, right? Kicking her paws up, she started walking with a bit of a purpose, until she realized that not only was she alone, but she was terribly lost. “Peachy.”

Cornetified
User Image

With the sun high in the sky, Bhaskara was keeping cool in the shade of a wide tree. Stretched out along a branch, the light breeze was just enough to keep the air moving among the crowded branches where he hid. All was calm, until he heard the approaching steps. Ears perking, he peered through the dry leaves before slipping down to a lower branch. The female seemed to be wandering a bit aimlessly... "Are you okay?" he called out, tail twitching as it hung.

Painted Moose
She'd been walking for some time now with the dust, and dirt clinging to the pads of her paws. By the time she noticed the rather sunny cheetah on the branch she was already upon him, and the action caused her to inhale on a gasp. She barely had time to register if he was meaning harm to her or not before he calmed her fears. Surely someone so nice wouldn't hurt her? "Oh, yes-" Stopping, she shook her head and looked up at him. "I'm sorry, I should not have lied. No, I am not okay. I'm a little lost." In more ways than one.

Cornetified
Cocking his head, he stood and stretched along the branch. "Are you sorry? Most consider a lie to be a normal thing when meeting a stranger." He walked along the limb, his head cocking the other way. "Lost? Where're you trying to go? Maybe I can help?"

Painted Moose
Puckering her brows, she cocked her own head, "Well, yes, I am sorry. If most consider lying to be the proper way to meet others, then I am certainly not most." She responded to in kind, truthful tones. The pale lioness watched him as he walked, moving to sit herself. Her journey had been long, and very tiring. "Would you? I would be very grateful." Now, where was she going? "I am...trying to go to the...the..." What was the pride her friend had told her? One where she would be safe and protected? "The Kitwana'antara. Do you know the way?"

Cornetified
Finally, a smile rose. "Good." It was nice to hear that someone still valued honesty. Finally, he hopped down from the branch to better speak. "Kitwana'antara? ...I'm sorry. I don't have any idea." His tail twitched, and he looked around. "There's a water hole toward where the sun goes to rest. Maybe someone there would know?"

Painted Moose
Shaking her head softly, Vienna only smiled. "It's alright; how can I expect you to know the way when I myself do not? I'll just have to keep walking a little longer, is all." Some day her paws would find rest, but for now, it seemed as if they would have to go a little farther. Much like her soul, in it's own unrest. "That's an excellent idea!" She all, but chirped, her smile brighter. "Would you mind showing me the way? If it's a large enough watering hole, I'm sure all types of travelers mingle there. I may be on my way in no time at all."

Cornetified
Seeing how the female brightened up, he did as well. "Sure. I don't mind. I could use a drink, myself." Standing, he looked up at the sky, and then started walking. "My name's Bhaskara. What's yours?"

Painted Moose
"The Gods must have blessed me this day, to have run into you, Bhaskara." Her life had been a set of trial after trial, but in this she felt truly blessed. No matter the hard ship, she was always able to somehow overcome it, and usually with the help of a kind soul along the way. "My name is Vienna." Out of curiosity, she asked, "Do you normally sleep in trees? Forgive my rudeness, but I thought that was something leopards were known for?"

Cornetified
Ears perking, he chuckled and shook his head. "Boy, you know how to boost a guy's ego. Gods leading others to me for guidance?" Glancing over, he gave a nod of understanding. "I don't really know why I do it. Have since I was small. Guess I found it fun, and never lost the habit." He gave her a small shrug. "And you can ask whatever you like. It's been a while since I've had someone to talk to."

Painted Moose
Vienna grinned, a little flush on her pale cheeks. "It is true. The God's show the divine path, and sometimes they lead you to new friends." For certainly, wasn't he a friend, if he was so keen on helping her? "That's certainly interesting. I think the views would be wonderful, but I would be too afraid of falling." She chuckled. "You? Certainly not. You're so sweet, I can't imagine you being alone for long."

Cornetified
Tail swaying side to side, he felt another smile rise. Friend... A trusting female. Odd to see, but nice, too. "Yeah. The views can be pretty great, I'll admit that." He grinned and looked over. "Just don't fall asleep then, until you're more sure of yourself." His ears perked, and his smile fell a little. "Sweet doesn't always cut it around here. Most end up passing me by without a second look."

Painted Moose
She laughed and shook her head. "Oh, you won't have to worry about that one! I doubt I'll be in a tree in the near future, let alone sleeping in one." She couldn't imagine it; she'd been too wound up to even begin to doze off. "Really? Well, you obviously haven't met the right people." Vienna looked to him, and nodded. Someday he would find his place, she was sure, and then he wouldn't be passed over anymore.

Cornetified
He grinned at the thought. She didn't seem like the tree-climbing type, really. Ears twitching, he looked over at Vienna and smiled. "Clearly. Nice to know there are some right ones out there. I'm glad to meet one of them, too."

Painted Moose
"And maybe you'll meet others today." Hopefully! The Gods had been so generous too begin with, so why not a little more? She could see a little grouping not so far off, and the sight of water was good to her sore mind. "Looks as if we've made it safe and sound. Thank you for taking me this far. I owe you more than words can say."

Cornetified
"Maybe." His tail flickered at the thought. Meet other right folk all in one day? Most exciting day he's had in a while. Perking up at the sight of the water hole and the others taking their drinks in the hot sun. "It was no trouble at all. You don't owe me anything."

Painted Moose
"Well, then I will still thank you again and again." She would thank him in her heart until the day she died, even if she wasn't aware of it. "Will you stand by my side, when I talk to the others? I'm a little shy in crowds."

Cornetified
Bhaskara laughed out loud. "You sure are something, Vienna." Heading for the water, he slowed at her request. Expression warming, he gave her a nod. "Sure. It'd be my pleasure."