Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
No slot on my Wii for game cube controllers?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:53 am
So I have a Wii (the blue one that lays down and has motion plus built in) and when I put games in and click the game icon, there is a slot for game cube games. But, I've checked all over my Wii and there is no slot for a game cube controller, and there is no hatch to open that has the slots for them. Why is this? Does my Wii just not have any way to put in the controllers? I have a refurbished Wii by the way in case that helps.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:28 am
On the newer blue wikis the GameCube ports were removed to save money  

astrophe

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:44 am
astrophe
On the newer blue wikis the GameCube ports were removed to save money

Just great..... -_- Well, thanks. smile Now I know why I can't find it at least.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:46 pm
Nintendo stopped selling game cube controllers years ago. You have the option of an original classic or classic pro controller, though.

That's mainly for VC, though. Gamecube emulation itself is completely cut, if I recall correctly, since there are no proper controller slots.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:09 pm
[Kegan]
Nintendo stopped selling game cube controllers years ago. You have the option of an original classic or classic pro controller, though.

That's mainly for VC, though. Gamecube emulation itself is completely cut, if I recall correctly, since there are no proper controller slots.

So is there any way then to play the games on my Wii? It has the option to load gamecube games when I go to the game menu.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:05 pm
No, that's what I meant by "gamecube emulation was cut." It came with a price drop. If you just got the system really recently, maybe the gamestop folks will be nice and let you swap it out with an older model for free. Assuming you bought it at a game stop and assuming they have any older models in stock, used.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:30 am
Yeah, they cut the ability to play GameCube games to save money in order to make a cheaper console that more people would buy. At that late in the Wii's life cycle few people were buying GameCube games and the people that didn't have a Wii already didn't want GameCube games.

I'm sure you could find a GameCube somewhere on the cheap if you really want one. That sucks though.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:05 pm
Pretty sure it is still possible to play gamecube games on it. I loaded up the homebrew channel on my Wii and I use Dios-Mios to play gamecube backups off a thumb drive. I'm pretty sure there are other homebrew things you can use to use either a PS3 controller, Classic controller, or wiimote+nunchuck for GC games.  

BooCawkEh

Liberal Gekko

7,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:41 pm
That's a whole other kettle of fish. Sounds like he actually paid for and owns GameCube games and controllers and isn't just stealing them.  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games