Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:57 pm
User Image

She had been watching the small group of lions for months.

Maybe it was the jitters, or the hard earth under her paws that was nothing like the soft sands of her old home, but the lioness had not yet made herself known. Instead, she had followed them carefully, her dark pelt melding well with this scenery than the oasis from before. But, today was different. She was finally going to step out - step away from her old life. She wanted to start a new, show that she was made of stronger stuff.

Clearing her throat, she walked up boldly to the first lion she saw, head held high enough.

"Hello, I have come to make myself known."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:02 pm
User Image

The brown lioness' breath hissed inward through her teeth at the unexpected and unfamiliar voice. Where on earth had the other lioness come from, and why hadn't Asmar noticed her before?

The Reaver forced herself to relax all the while looking over the stranger as she did so. The other lioness was older - no surprises there - and while she was a total unknown, her markings were even less familiar. Which meant that she almost certainly belonged nowhere near Hroarr's warband.

"Who are you, and the hell do you mean by "making yourself known"?" Asmar asked at last, making her mistrust obvious.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:09 pm
Aha, she had taken her by surprise.

It was very audible, but she caught the sound of the other lionness' surprise, dark tail flicking slowly behind her, almost proud of the fact that she was still on her toes, even after months of rogue life. Tilting her head a little, she wanted the Reaver carefully, making sure no surprise attacks were in the works.

"Hell doesn't know me." She quipped, almost playfully, before shaking her head. "I am Makini Babewana, you are welcome to cut it in any way. I hail from a land of sand and strange gods, but I have been skirting your outpost for a while . . . " she trailed, a small pang of guilt hitting her from the loss of her home.

"I am hoping to find a new permanent home with your troupe."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:17 pm
Pink eyes narrowed as the other lioness began elucidating her purposes here. The other female had a strange way of talking, though she didn't appear to be a frail weakling or repressed the way the lionesses of the Ukuucha'wafalme were.

Still, that didn't mean she had what it took to join this band.

"If you're so interested, why didn't you come and talk to somebody sooner?" the striped lioness pressed, neither welcoming nor denying the older female. To be fair, it wasn't her place to decide if Makini Babewana could join or not. But she wasn't going to say so yet. Not when she might be able to find out more first.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:59 pm
There was a small pause from the lioness when she was asked why she hadn't taken the initiative yet. It was an honest reason - she had no real experience in finding herself in a new home. She had been born in to her previous pride - a gift and a curse from her mother. She couldn't hate her for it, though, neither of them expected the foundation to fall from under her paws.

"For lack of better words, I had no idea how to." She decide to start, giving a feline shrug, looking to the striped female. "I battled with myself, trying to figure out how to confront someone about it. I was born in to my home-pride, so I've always had the option gifted to myself."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:18 pm
So, of all the things Asmar could have asked, that was what made the stranger pause. And rightly so - why wait when you could take the initiative? At least, that was how the striped lioness viewed things.

"Asking's generally a good place to start," the brown lioness observed, a touch of sarcasm in her tone. Really, what kind of idiot was this? Even Asmar had known that lions who wished to join the Ukuucha'wafalme had to petition to do so! Prides didn't always accept those who wishsed to join, but you never knew until you asked!

And being born into a pride was no excuse at all. Not by her standards. Then again, Asmar wasn't exactly on the best of terms with her birth pride.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:13 pm
The answer that the lighter lion gave her made the lioness think a little, dark eyes flicking to the side her she made a little hmming noise. Giving a curt nod, she thought about how to answer the lioness honestly.

"Well, then consider me asking - as it were." She figured, rolling her shoulders a little innocently before going to stand closer to the pride-member. "Possibly you could be my guide to whomever it is that I must talk to then, to become one of the group. Sometimes it takes longer for one to get up the boldness. Doesn't make me less brave, just means I knew what I wanted, after a lot of thought." She murmured.

She enjoyed this conversation - it being the first one she had have in a while.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:31 am
The striped lioness considered the stranger, Makini, and her request. She had to admit, however grudgingly, that the older female did have some skill - witness how she'd taken Asmar completely by surprise. Especially considering the young Reaver was learning how to not end up in such a position, which made the whole thing somewhat embarrassing.

She'd love to be able to turn the other lioness away and hide her shame. On the other hand, she was still new to much of this. Though she'd learnt much in the year since joining Hroarr's band, she'd begun a whole new level of training once she'd become a Reaver.

"If you must," Asmar answered at last, turning back towards the caves. Makini could follow or not, as she pleased. Unfortunately, the brown lioness had little doubt that the other would indeed follow.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces