Submit

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:03 am
Zamiec looked up at the sky to see the sun in the middle of the sky. He would have a couple hours before he needed to head back to the pride. Far behind him was a fighter who was making sure he stayed safe and didn't get lost. The fighter gave him plenty of space and kept hidden, which Zamiec was thankful for. He wished that he could travel in the rogue lands alone, but he knew it would be best for the pride if he had someone keep an eye on him.

He made his way down to a watering hole, where he saw other critters resting up and taking a drink. Carefully he laid down by the water, keeping his distance from the others. He enjoyed the peace and quiet of the rogue lands.

He dipped his head toward the cool water and took a sip. Everyone around the watering hole seemed to be nice and relaxed. He pulled his head up and glanced around. While he was here maybe he could make a few acquaintance, he thought. It would be nice to find some rogues to join the pride.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:51 am
"You apparently know squat." The hare declared, it was a male but young to a leopard that looked pretty younthful as well but adult enough to look like an adol female. He looked at the leopard. "See you have, I dunno where you hail from. Probably a pack or something, but there are rules to the roguelands. Not even the starving go after the watering holes for prey. Everyone is safe here. Like in a game of tag. One safe place." The hare calmed and brought the leopard's face closer. "Water- GOOD." As if teaching the leopard ediqutte and everyone had at least glanced over to them one time or another. They were an odd pair and it seemed unnatural for them to be speaking but even the worse had familiars didn't they? Guidance? But the hare must have looked just barely adolsence! A child even!

The hare combing his 'hair' tuff back and smiled. "No growling, no looking mouth watering at others, no straight eye contact, always remember this is a calm space like.. meditation. Or-whatever- something where you feel calm. Stay that way here. You'll never get in to a fight that way. When you come in all big and bad- you get thrown out like your small and stupid. Keep these rules in mind, and you won't get in to that much trouble." Thamani looked at the Hare, almost astounded, they used to eat their kind and yet so young, stood there and held is ground, slapped him when he tried to eat him. The hare had literately shown him a whole new side to prey animals he never knew. Instead of waiting for a bird to help him, this hare was.

Thamani calmed, he was hungry- mouth watering- to hide it he started lapping at the water. Hoping he didn't look blood thirsty. HOPEFULLY. He was nervous. This was the first real watering hole he'd been to with so many other animals. "The hare leaned over to him, whispering. "Just mind your business- everyone here does. Then walk off when your done. but watering holes at night- that- you just don't do. Never stay over night. Bad news happens." Nodding to himself. Thamani lifted his head dumbfounded- then looked about and saw another leopard. As white as snow almost, like his grandmother was said to be, but as soon as he looked- he looked back down to the water. Another of his kind, see- from what the hare said. Stay out of anyones business in the watering hole. It just causes trouble. His ears padded down. The only kind he knew to trust in, was his own and even that was different in the roguelands.

A 'pack' was so much smarter..

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:52 am
Zamiec had seen some commotion between a young leopard and a hare. He had watched them out of the corner of his eyes, not wanting to intrude. However he couldn't stop himself from being a bit curious. He enjoyed being with fellow leopards anyways. Most of his time was spent with cheetahs. It was nice to have a change of scenery. It didn't hurt that the other leopard was good looking.

He dipped his head once again into the water, letting the cool water brush against his face. It felt good, relaxing. After he lifted his head up he stood up and stretched. The hare and the leopard seemed to make their peace, Zamiec thought as he looked at them. He began to walk over to them, careful not to bump into anyone. His steps were light and graceful as he walked.

As he approached the leopard, he stopped, leaving a decent amount of room between them. In the rogue lands no one could be trusted, even his fellow leopards. If the leopard attacked him he wanted enough room to defend himself. The leopard didn't look like the type who would attack him randomly, Zamiec thought as he looked at him. But it was hard to tell sometimes.

He laid down, facing the water. “The view is nice here.” Zamiec said, glancing over at the leopard and gave him a pleasant smile. “I hope you don't mind me being here. If you need your space I will move.”

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:00 am
The leopard watched the others just out of the corner of his eye. Worried that he might offend anyone. This was the roguelands, he needed to respect them to survive. A sigh escaped him, he hated it already. The thought of going back home was above what he had imagened, even if he dreaded going back. "huh?" As soon as the leopard came around and laid next to the water, close. But not too close. A smile resonated, finally a friend! "Oh, no I don't mind!" Thamani was bashful enough, and his cheek became rosey in color. "Ah.. it is nice here..." But the leopard looked way too groomed for being in the roguelands like the rest of them. It'd been a few months for him and already his fur was roughed up and his general disposition was pretty pathetic. "Ah.. do you.. um .. live around here?" It didn't hurt to ask right.

But the hare beside him smacked his paw in to his own face and sighed. "This leopard is never gunna learn nuthin'." He decided and went on with cleaning his fur and left an ear listening in on the leopards' conversation.

The water was vibrant and the other rogues watched over, some had their cubs play in the water even. Tag- the like. Those games he wasn't ever taught on because of always being sick but he could watch making a comforting smile rise from cheek bone to cheek bone. After his stare and drinking, he laid back down.

"You know I'm not from around here but it seems like I can't understand how this feels so peaceful."

Club Snails

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:32 pm
Zamiec chuckled quietly, noticing the rosy cheeks. This leopard was interesting. “Probably the best spot in the watering hole.” He said, looking directly at the other leopard. “Though now that I have someone to talk to, I think it will be even more enjoyable.”

With the hare's response he gave a laugh. “He'll learn. I'm sure of it. It will just take sometime.” He said confidently. “I don't live around here. I like to visit though. It is such a peaceful quiet place.” He closed his eyes, feeling the soft breeze brush against his fur.

“You might have to get used to it, to really understand it.” He said, opening his eyes. “I lived my whole life in a pride. Sometimes I am allowed to leave, but usually I am required to stay. It takes a little bit of time to really adjust.” The only times he could really leave was when he was on missions, he thought.

He glanced around and leaned closer to the other leopard. “And between you and me I really haven't fully adjusted. Different areas have different rules.” He said quietly. “The name is Zamiec by the way.”

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:32 am
His ears padded down again as his cheeks brightened. Meeting new creatures was not his forte for sure. He was just a bundle of shyness all around. “I-I think so too..” A nervous smile, but a bright one came out of him.

The hare looked over to the leopard. “With how he tried snatching up a fight with a gazelle near gator territory, he will get eaten before he learns a thin’.” The hare turned around. “Name’s Elixire. Personal caretaker of this leopard.”

Thamani sighed. “He’s helped me get out of tight spots. I’ve eaten berries.” He leaned closer to the leopard. “Not very good…” Or maybe it was just the ones he ate, but meat was what he had been lacking for some time. Fish was the next thing he was going to learn from the hare. Watching the hare fix his fur and hop on over to another creature. Look like a cub, and he splashed some water on it, and started to play tag too. One could tell that the hare was also very young. Why he was taking care of a leopard? No one could understand. “These free lands are complicated… I miss home.” Sighing and looking to the leopard. “Thamani, I left my pride- I was having… um. Family problems, but I guess out here is a lot worse than in pride. At home they used to bring food for the others. I wasn’t allowed to leave. But I guess the freedom, No wonder my father always left…” Lowering his head down to his paws to watch again. “What’s your pride like?” Curious, as he slightly perked his head up, but still kept it lower than the other leopard’s.

Just looking at the brotherin before him, he looked a lot more pristine than the others he saw, well hardly. Few and far between were there rogue leopards.

Club Snails

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:51 pm
“Your smile is really cute.” Zamiec said. He enjoyed others smiles and hated to see anyone upset. “Though you probably already know that.”

He listened to the hare and gave a little laugh. “Just a streak of bad luck. You'll be his good luck hare.” He grinned, thinking about the hare teaching the leopard the ways of the rogue land. “It is nice to meet you Elixire. My name is Zamiec.”

Eating berries wasn't Zamiec's idea of a good time. He never had any before, but he also didn't have any desire to try them. “I've never had them, but I'll take your word on it.”

As Thamani talked about his pride, Zamiec couldn't help but feel sorry for him. “Sounds rough. But I think you made the right decision leaving the pride. How are you ever going to grow if you are not allowed to explore?” He said. With Thamani's questioned, he paused. He really couldn't talk about his pride too much without getting into trouble.

“Well all the pride members are really close. It's mostly cheetahs with some leopards and hybrids thrown into the mix. I've been there my whole life. Sometimes I am allowed to leave, but I have to ask first.” When he was younger he was watched carefully to see if he would become a seer like his mother. But once they were sure he didn't have any seer abilities he wasn't watched as much.

“If you would like I could stick around with you for a little bit and help you and Elixire out?” He knew it would irritate the fighter who had been in charge of keeping an eye on him, but he didn't want his new friend to feel alone in these lands.

Chi Sohma

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff