[Skirmish Group A] Collision Course Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:28 am
Havyan grunted a reply back over her shoulder at the male as she crept to the top of the low rise of wind-blown sand. She crouched as she reached the top, ever wary despite them still being healthily within their own territory. Things had been quiet from those damned Qyrs lately...too quiet. She did not consciously think of it that way, but instinct had been telling her for some time now that this strange almost peaceful passing of time could not go on too much longer. Probably not tonight, but sometime soon something would come to a head. It wasn't like the enemy to lie in wait - they were too like her own people, boiling for battle.

Nothing stood out on the moon-soaked sands as the hatun stared out over them. No movement, no life. Just fine for now. Another glance back at Gaspard. He looked strikingly like his brother, but was imminently more suited for this task than her mate would have been. Sungus was a perfect leader...but he was also more brazen, more...was honorable the word? He felt better matched to pitched battle than quiet stalking. She'd not mention it, obvious as it was. As for the other...

Umut was a good lion. Perhaps a bit weary of the fight. She'd been a friend, of sorts, of Havyan's...as much as she had friends. They knew each other, at least. The gray lioness could use more pride in her people and a stronger will to fight, but she seemed keen. Havyan pressed herself flat to the dune when she mentioned hearing something, instantly returning to staring into the darkness. Her ears swiveled like satellite dishes trying to catch a signal. She made a barely visible bump against the line of the sand against the sky. "Get down low," She whispered to the others. "I don't see anything...but better to have the element of surprise if there is someone. Don't let them see us." Or hear them, hopefully. Then again, she still hadn't seen or heard a thing. Maybe Umut was just nervous.

Andranis

oo DeD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:06 pm
Andranis

ShinosBee

Gaspard followed the hatun's lead, his body pulled low to the sandy dunes. He hadn't heard anything himself, but wasn't going to be one to walk into danger because of arrogance and pride. "It may have been nothing. But there isn't any harm in being cautious." His voice was low and hushed. Olive eyes glanced towards Umut. "I hope you do not become overly ancious, Umut bint Canan." His voice wasn't aggressive, but it certainly wasn't warm. It could practically be common knowledge that Gaspard wasn't one for soft friendships. At the same time, though, he wasn't one for unnecessary brashness.

He wouldn't admit to the hatun--or anyone, for that matter--but her judgements of him were closer to the truth than not. There was something in this sort of mission, the stalking through the dunes, not knowing if an enemy was going to appear from the sands wastes, that required a sort of... tact. The quiet stealth, it was more fitting to Gaspard's rough, reclusive nature. That wasn't to say, though, that the lion was disliking of battle. Right about now, there wasn't much that he wouldn't do for such a fight. The inaction was making him itch.

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:00 pm
Finally, it would seem as though there would be some sense of peace among them. Even if it was only temporary, he was no fool to think that Bahra would leave here with a new found respect for Sabit. She was beyond the capabilities for that. As a borclu, Sabit was beneath her and as the sister of the bey she was even further beneath her. Faiz caught sight of Sabit's trip only a second too late, but breathed a sigh of relief as she caught herself preventing an injury.

"Southeast? Hmmmm"

The male ran over the map of the land in his memories, trying to determine whether it would be a safe territory to tread on. Some parts of the land were home to many sneaky Burkuteshti traps hidden beneath the many layers of sand. Others were capable of providing excellent hiding places, but nothing about the Southeast rang much of a bell. Perhaps Bahra knew of something?

Turning his attention to Bahra's questions, he once again sunk into his own memories. He'd known this area well once upon a time. But many things could change in only a months time.

"The area is well equipped for rest and cover, specifically along the oasis' edge. The trees, for those capable of climbing ... provide a high vantage point. Caves .. there was one, but I don't think we're near it. I dare say it'd take us another night to reach it." Lowering his head in frustration he shook it slowly, "In terms of anything we're close to, our best bet would be the oasis. But this is typical Burkuteshti territory, they're likely to have their filthy claws all over it as we speak."

Talencia

Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:53 pm
Ignored by that insufferable little excuse for a lioness! Sabit wrinkled her nose in disgust and lashed her tail, turning her gaze away to keep from glaring. "I really think we sh-"

The scruffy lioness didn't get a chance to finish the thought; instead, she staggered to the side with a grunt. She fell back onto her haunches, shaking her head and blinking spots from her eyes. While she tried to clear her vision, something would come into the others' view...

The groups have stumbled across each other! Pairs now have a week to roll their fights.

Depawsit

Talencia

oo DeD

Andranis

ShinosBee

Meepfur
Vice Captain

ShinosBee rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:15 pm
((I am at work and cannot post properly - also I dunno who to aim Havyan at lol. But I will roll now to get it done. <3))  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:19 pm
ShinosBee
((I am at work and cannot post properly - also I dunno who to aim Havyan at lol. But I will roll now to get it done. <3))

Havyan is paired with Faiz :3.

You can make separate threads to fight in, everyone rolling in one could get confusing. XD  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

[IC] Jahy Sarlarin Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas