Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:39 am
User Image It was nap time, or it was supposed to be, but he wasn't having any of it! He had awaited for the opportune moment and had snuck away from the pile of warm bodies and now he was not to far from the base of Home tree. He wouldn't go very far since he didn't want to get lost, but there was still much for a young cub to see!

His parents had gone off to do something and the sitter hadn't been anywhere to be seen so he was now messing around in the crafts section. He was eyeballing some of the bows and their lovely designs and then walked further along until he came to some of the artisan supplies. Feathers, beads and twine were stacked neatly and well organized. Maybe he could make something like his dad had, that way they could have the same trinket!

And with the grace that most cubs had, he tried his paw at making something and did nothing but make a mess and end up with a vague appearance of what should be a necklace. The neatly stacked piles where a skewed and feathers were everywhere. Uh oh.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:14 pm
User Image

Seze watched as the cubs slept- she liked nap time. It meant she could relax a bit, too. How she had ever become a caretaker for cubs, she didn't know, but it was not the life she had pictured for herself for a long time. Still, she supposed it wasn't horrible, as long as they stayed away from her fur.

From the corner of her eye, she saw a cub wander off on his own. Sighing, she got up and followed him slowly, not immediately yelling for him to stop or get back to the den. Instead, she watched him work, smiling slightly to herself before joining him to look over what he had done.

"Well, that looks very nice," she told him, "but I'm pretty sure you should have asked before you used those things, right?" She asked him kindly, smiling though she wanted him to know that he had been busted.

AstoriaFallen

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:50 pm
With is dismay he realized that there was quite a mess and he wondered if he'd be able to get it cleaned up before anyone saw but a kind voice from behind him informed him that there was going to be no such luck. At least she was praising him for his craftsmanship. He looked over his shoulder at Seze and gave her his cutest grin he could. "I just wanted to have one like my Dad so we could be the same." Now it probably looked nothing like his dads, but it was the thought that counted right?

He knew he should have asked but there was no one around to ask. At least not that he had seen. "I should have asked though." He looked down at the ground and looked around at the feathers and beads that had found their way everywhere it seemed. It probably wasn't that bad of a mess but for a small cub it looked like a lot. "Do you think he'll like it?" He asked her holding it up. It wasn't anything immaculate looking but for someone his age it wasn't half bad. The beads were offset and the feathers were ruffled but it resembled what he was going for.

He looked up at her with a hopeful expression on his face.

cajanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:41 am
AstoriaFallen

Seze was hard pressed to be angry with the boy, especially when he looked at her with that face. She sighed softly, and smiled. "I suppose there was no harm done, and we can clear this mess up together so it goes a litter bit faster, okay?" She saw that he understood what he had done wrong, so it didn't seem like he needed to be punished. Not this time, anyway.

Most kids got one freebie before they got in trouble for doing it again, anyway.

"I think he'll really like it," she said lightly, looking over what the cub had made, "it's very well done for someone your age- you have a lot of talent, little one. What is your name?" She knew it, of course, but it was nice to ask.  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:05 pm
Cajanic

He looked around at the mess with her words and he figured it really wasn't all that bad, what he had done. It wasn't as horrible as he had initially thought and they would definitely get it done quickly if they did it together. "I think that would be best." He said agreeing with her.

He placed his masterpiece on the table and stood up looking around. Some of the stuff would be easy, some of it a little tedious. Suppose it was the price one must pay for wanting to get into things. "You really think so?" Her words of encouragement and praise made his face light up and he was even more excited to show his father now. He hoped he'd like it.

He started picking up some of the feathers that had scattered upon the ground and he looked up at her with a mouthful of feathers sticking out. Placing them where they belonged he cleared his throat. "My name is P'xan. What is your name?" They always had random sitters so he wasn't keen on all of their names yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:44 pm
AstoriaFallen

“I do- I’m sure your dad is going to agree, too. When you show him.” Seze smiled, watching him work on getting things back in order. She helped, using her paws to herd things back into the small piles they had come from. She was sure there would be no trouble to come from any of this, and she imagined his parent would be very proud of the trinket he had made. She was impressed. Sure, it wasn’t prefect, but it showed he already had an interest in something.

It had taken her most of her life to figure out what she wanted to do, and there were times where she still wondered about it.

She liked being around kids, sure, but a part of her still wanted cubs of her own. That was what would really make her happy.

“My name is Seze,” she said lightly, “it’s very nice to meet you, P’xan. Perhaps you can make something this nice for me sometime! You know, when you have permission,” she chuckled lightly.  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:52 pm
Cajanic

His eyes got wide with excitement and his gaze turned up towards hers with her words. She. wanted him. to make HER ONE TOO! He couldn't believe that she wanted one, this made his little heart just swell. "As soon as my parents allow me too I'll make you one then!" It would have to be special, that much he knew for sure.

He was glad that she thought his dad would like it and that made him even more happy with his work, even if he hadn't asked for permission in the first place. He would make sure to ask from now on. He took a moment to look at her then and he couldn't help but admire her and her lovely designs. Yes, her trinket would have to be very special. He figured he could at least get some basic details from her now. "Do you have a favorite color?" He asked hopefully.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:42 pm
Oh gods, he was a cute little cub. He seemed so excited that she had asked for a trinket too. That made her feel warm and fuzzy inside. Sometimes, she was reminded why she was hanging around cubs so much. It wasn't just because she couldn't find another job she was more suited for.

She actually liked them.

He asked her if she had a favorite color and she looked thoughtful for a moment. "Well, I've always been a fan of blue," she said with a light chuckle, "you agree it's a pretty nice color, right?" Considering they both had blue on their fur, she imagined that he did feel like it was a nice color. Whether it was his favorite or not, she didn't know. She didn't even know if it was HER favorite. She hadn't really thought about it before.

"What's your favorite color?"

AstoriaFallen

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:39 pm
Cajanic

Of course blue! Why hadn't he thought of that. Though, there were some birds that had violet hues and he was quite fond of those bright colors, but yes. Blue was one of his favorites as well.

"Yes, blue is a very pretty color. And there's different colors of blue too!" That just gave his little mind lots of ideas.

What was his favorite color? He pondered on it for a moment. "I really like blue. Purple is nice too, but blue is my favorite." He said with a tiny smile as he looked up at his new admiration.

"I guess we should head back before the rest wake up and think we've been eaten by something much bigger than us." He said with a small giggle as he bounded in front of her back towards where his siblings lay sleeping.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:51 am
She smiled a nodded along.

"Yes, purple is nice, too." but she was glad he liked blue, too. She had seen a couple of cubs in her time who hated the color of their own fur. She couldn't think of how hard it would be to have to live with something you hated every day of your life.

It was a good thing she was so pretty, then.

"I was just going to suggest the same," she chuckled lightly, "let's go see if we can get at least a little bit of a nap in before the others wake up." She watched him head back, following behind him to make sure nothing happened along the short trip back.

AstoriaFallen
Fin?

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:19 pm
Cajanic
Yes smile

[IC] Iknimaya Lands [IC]