A few days had passed since Yuan Gui made a fool of him self and confessed his feelings to Kozo. Things got a little weird since then with Yuan being more distant than he was before. Kozo wasn't sure to be relieved or to worry. She was flattered in all truth but such feelings she was unsure she could return to a lion like Yuan Gui. Kozo wasn't some prize to be won.

The lioness decided maybe she should check up on Yuan any ways. There was a lot to talk about that had never been discussed.

She finally found him off on his own by the border lugging a small prey beast in his maw. Ah, so he'd been hunting. That was productive at least. To be honest, Kozo wasn't sure what she'd find Yuan doing but for some reason it was comforting to know that he was continuing on with his daily tasks. That was a small relief. One might say Kozo felt a little worried about Yuan Gui.

"Hunting off on your own? You probably should have gone with a hunting party." Kozo wasn't sure why she was giving him the whats for. Back in her younger days in the swamps, Kozo had been a little eccentric her self and often did things worse than going out with out a hunting party. Mothering two litters and having the swamps burn down caused her to grow up a little she supposed. Maybe she brought it up because she just wanted something to talk about. It was less awkward this way Kozo supposed.

"Ah Kozo. So nice to see you care to come check on me." Yuan Gui gave the female a s**t eater grin. Kozo's face turned red.

"Who said I cared?" She was adverting her eyes else where.

"You came to come check on a poor old devil like my self and now you can't even lift your eyes to look at me when I point out that you care. I think you care Kozo." The grin stayed firmly upon Yuan Gui's maw.

"Well thats your opinion." Kozo shrugged. Her face was bright red. Luckily the fur covered her skin.

"You caring is written all over you face." The devils grin grew even wire like a cheshire. "Why do you deny it? You liked my company all this time and you miss me."

"S-Shut up Yuan Gui. I'm only checking on you because you're a fellow hunter and prides mate." She scowled.

"I like the word mate." He picked up the prey beast beside him and happily padded on over to Kozo. He dropped the dead thing before her. Kozo didn't seem amused in the slightest. "I'm fine though all jokes aside. Thank you for worrying about a poor old soul as my self." His grin was gone.

"Uhh..." Kozo was flustered by this point and her brain and mouth weren't really sure how to work so well. "W-What ever."

"Seriously why are you so cold to me. You clearly like me." Yuan Gui took a seat. This female was irritating but he really did care about her. He wanted to show her that.

"I.. I'm not. You're always in my business when you shouldn't be. Besides you don't know anything about me." Kozo lowered her head. "You know I came from the outside from the swamps but .. I had a mate. His name was Shoo. I betrayed him with a rogue and had a second litter behind his back and couldn't stand to face him. I.. still deeply have feelings for him though. There isn't a lot of room in my heart to share I'm sorry to say."

Ah so she had a mate. Hrm... He wasn't sure if they'd had this conversation before in depth. Yuan Gui certainly never heard her mention his name til now. It was a little disturbing to hear she was capable of being unfaithful but Yuan Gui couldn't blame her for being so. Yuan Gui had done a lot of dishonest things in his life time.

"We're all sinners here my dear. You just got to know when to forgive your self and move on. It's not like you know my life either." He smiled at her softly. "But, you know.. I really don't care what I did. I'm an untrust worthy thief yet the pride here still let me in. You gotta move past that trivial stuff. So you wronged some one. Sure seems like you're pretty sorry about that."

Kozo looked up at Yuan Gui and frowned, "You're still a bit of a thief last time I checked."

"True. But that is just how I am." The lion shrugged with an awkward expression. "I don't beat my self up for every thing I've stolen."

Kozo laughed. What was Yuan Gui even talking about. Okay, so maybe she liked him a little.

"Yuan Gui. You're a mess." She managed. "But I won't lie. I've missed your creepy stalking."

"It's only stalking if its unwanted." He picked up the prey beast and swung the thing over his back. "I gotta get this kill back to the prides food stock. You're welcome to walk with me."

"If you insist." Kozo gave him a sincere smile.