Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:54 am
Kathryn Dragonna

User Image

L'envoi couldn't settle down. Either he paced with nervousness or twitched like a anxious insect. He cast a glance toward the yellow bird watching him from her perch. This. It was all her fault that she'd come up with the scheme. A few days, a litter of cubs, and a few bugs. No mention of having to meet this lioness' mate! He'd find some way to get her back. Maybe promising some bokor a few yellow tail feathers.

The dark male turned back on another round of pacing. How was he going to survive this? One was bad enough. He worried if Navalin's mate was anything like her. Why had he agreed to this? Because he hadn't. Lore and Navalin had put their heads together, whispering a females were won't to do and giggling. It baffled him at first. Then Lore had come back and said he'd be meeting this lioness' mate.

That same bird watched the lion nearly tried to fret himself to pieces. Couldn't he see that all he had to do was be himself? Finally she couldn't take it and flew from her perch to land on his shoulder. Lore jumped a few times to get his attention. "Stop. You're wearing a hole in the dirt. I'd rather you didn't fall through." She pointed to the path he was starting to make with a wing. "They'll be here soon I'm sure. Why don't you calm down? It's not like your meeting her father." The startled look the lion threw over his shoulder was enough to make her chorkle. Ah he was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:55 am
Navalin had not really expected her mate to want to meet the male she was going to get cubs from, but at the same time it did not surprise her. The brown lioness was much more sensitive about things than Navalin was. She would want to make sure that this was a good male to let take home their sons. Navalin had already decided that if he had a pride and could make friends with a female bird, he was good enough to care for any sons. And why not? It was not as if males took as much attention to raise as females as far as Navalin was concerned.

Navalin really did not want to resent her sons the way she did her brothers. She had enough male family members that she knew and hated. The green lioness certainly did not need more of them. She wondered at times if her mate thought her insensitive and harsh, but really there was nothing she could do about it. She had learned the hard way that males even relatives were not worthwhile. All they were were attention stealing little arses at best. She did not think they needed that in their lives.

Navalin stepped up to the Lion and bird, giving a nod to them. It was more than she afforded most males, if the rock she had thrown at this one was any indicator. "My father would not be worth meeting." She set down and waited for her mate to come into view as well. It was amazing just how kindly the green lioness thought of this male already. She had no urge to throw things at or attack him, and she even felt she could sit near him and let him meet her mate. Something was wrong with this male.

Depawsit

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:44 pm
User Image

The lioness' heart was threatening to beat out of her chest with each reassurance Navalin gave her. She trusted her mate, truly she did! But there were some things she just needed to see for herself, and this was one of those things. If this male was truly as soft as Navalin promised him to be, then Arenji would accept him with respect. But she would never accept him with happiness. She was sure by now that Navalin had picked up on her sadness for losing her sons, but she also knew the ways of her pride. She just wasn't so keen on a stranger keeping them. She supposed she'd always held onto this daydream that one day her sons would go off with their Grandfather, just as her Brothers had. But Navalin had never met her Daddy, and most likely never would so that option was very sadly out of the question.

The squabbling between the two hit her ears before her eyes fell upon them, and she gently smiled at the comical argument they shared. The sounded a lot like Navalin and Arenji did when they argued with one another. Cute, yet harmless bickering. The second thing that caught her eye was Navalin's lack of distaste for the male. Typically she would be out for his blood, but instead she sat calmly and exchanged conversation.

Quite the odd change of pace to be honest.

"Don't let Navalin's grumpy demeanor spook you away, she's actually really sweet. You just have to get past that rocky exterior of her's." She smiled to the avian and her male companion, dipping her head in greeting politely. "My name is Arenji, it is a pleasure to meet the both of you. Thank you so much for agreeing to meet me."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:51 pm
Kathryn Dragonna

How could she even think that? The black male threw her a baffled look. It had taken her jumping for him to notice so wrapped up in thought he'd been. L'envoi glanced at his paws as if seeing the path for the first time. Then she had given him something else entirely to think about. It wasn't her father, but it was her mate. Which could be nearly as bad. "Thanks for that," he mumbled under this breath to her. Darn bird. Since they'd encountered that lioness she'd been encourageable. It must be the air. He wasn't given long to brood about her suggestion thankfully. The male blinked at her comment.

"I'm sorry to hear that." He meant it too. His parents had been loving, and he regretted that she could not say the same. "What is important now is who I'm meeting." L'envoi tried to be encouraging as he settled himself nearby; close without being too close. Having the green lioness here seemed to calm him a bit. He looked up as a new voice joined in. With her comment, he cast a sideways glance toward the green lioness.

"Uh.... yeah, we've been there." He ducked his head, all too well remembering the rock Navalin had thrown at him. "Greeting Arenji. It's nice meeting you too. I'm L'envoi and this is Lore." The male gave a lopsided grin. "You're welcome. Lore wouldn't have let me say no even if I had wanted to."

"My pleasure L'envoi. Someone has to keep a steady head on your shoulders." She chirped as her accomplice joined them. "Hi Navalin." Lore eyed the lioness. She definitely seemed more mellow. The bird would have grinned if her beaked allowed it. The arrival of Navalin's mate make her look up and bob her head. "Hello Arenji. I'm glad to meet you too."

magnadearel

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:37 pm
Navalin gave her mate a loving look and then a stern look went to the male. "This is the male I told you of, Arenji. L'envoi and his pleasant little friend Lore." She liked the bird better than the male, but that was besides the point. The bird was female so that made her better than any male could ever be. The green lioness tried not to look too threatening since she already knew that she scared the heck out of the male. She didn't have to be mean when he behaved so well and was so nice already.

Truth be told Navalin was not really nervous about the male meeting her mate so much as her mate's reaction to the male. What if her mate thought ill of him? The deal had already been struck and the green lioness thought him quite suitable. Of course, Arenji could always try to insist they keep the boys when the litter was born too... and that could be awkward, but for now, one problem at a time. She could worry about any sons after they were born. "How are you, Lore, still keeping L'evori out of trouble?"

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:38 pm
Arenji sighed a bit at L'envoi's comment and struck a bit of a glare at Navalin. "Don't tell me you've been harassing males again. Didn't I tell you not to do that!" Leaning over a bit she brushed her mate lovingly in the side and sat down beside her before looking back to both L'envoi and Lore.

"Ah well good afternoon to the both of you!" Dipping her head in a kind bow, she then turned from Lore to L'envoi and did the same. "I do hope you wouldn't have wanted to say no though. I promise I don't bite.." The tenderhearted lioness frowned slightly as she tried to look as friendly as possible. She was all too familiar with how demanding and scary her mate could be, but she was nothing like her. And as much as she loved her, it was hurting her feelings to think someone might have declined a request simply due to a pre-assumed personality trait!

"Well, anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to meet me. When Navalin told me about you two's - Ahhh ... deal?" Arenji shared a giggle with herself before continuing, "I have to admit I was a little nervous, but just after this short meeting I feel a bit better."

Looking from both the male to his avian friend, Arenji didn't know who to adress first, or whether she should address them both at the same time. "So, Navalin tells me you two come from a pride of your own?"

magnadearel

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:46 am
Kathryn Dragonna

He noted the look Navalin bestowed upon the new lioness. It seemed as there was something there. L'envoi ducked his head again at the stern look he'd gotten. Had he done something already? When no rocks or paws, as he was within range, flew at his head the male looked up again.

The black male was worried the new lioness' glare was for him, then he heard her speaking to Navalin. "She was only protecting the territory," he felt the need to speak up on Navalin's behalf. One shouldn't be in trouble for doing what was normal. He glanced at the two females apologetically. L'envoi gave a relieved smile. "No, not at all. I didn't want to disappoint Navalin. It's our pleasure to meet you too. I know the cubs staying here will be well cared for."

He gave an embarrassed cough at the mention of the deal. Arenji found something about it amusing, but he wasn't sure what. "I'm glad you feel that way too." L'envoi let his ears perk back up. "Aye we do. We're called the Pepo'poroji." He wasn't sure how interested Arenji would be in his pride.

Lore gave a pleasant trill. "Right as rain Navalin! Of course I am. It'd look back on our pride if I let L'envoi make a fool of himself" The yellow bird watched the lioness' mate and nodded her approval. This was a nice caring lioness.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:18 pm
"I always hassle males it is part of my job for our pride." Navalin liked hassling males because they deserved it. She was starting to think this male might NOT deserve it, but that was something she would keep to herself. How this male managed to get under her fur, she had no idea, but the green lioness would not admit he had gotten there either. He was a male and she was not soft on males. She would not show weakness by being soft on some male.

Navalin zoned out and let the others talk. She had no doubt that this male was no threat to her mate. He was so wimpy he flinched every time Navalin glared at him, so he certainly was not going to harm anyone. Maybe nobody would notice if she went easy on him... maybe. She did not want to be nice to him, but she was starting to feel a little guilty about pushing him around. He was such a scardy cub it was really just sad. How could she not feel a bit bad about pushing him around? The green lioness wondered if her mate was rubbing off on her.

Depawsit

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:08 pm
Arenji smiled softly over to L'envoi, "You're sweet to protect her, but I think you're missing a key part to Navalin's story." She laughed lightly and again nudged her mate in the shoulder."Though I thank you for thinking of her, it means a lot to me see someone other than myself caring so much for her well being." Lifting a paw to her chest, the lioness looked near tears. But just a moment later was back to hear cheery self. "The Pepe'Poroji huh? I have never heard of this pride, though it sounds intriguing. I won't ask you to go into detail, but I do have to ask ... will our sons be well cared for by your pride? I don't mean to say you yourself will not be a good Father! But our sons will need a ladies touch as well, and I just wish to know that there will be ladies to care for them as well."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:41 pm
Kathryn Dragonna

L'envoi smiled to himself. She'd harassed him well that day. He liked to think it was his naivety that had saved him, but he knew a large part had to go to Lore. The dark lion gave a blink. He'd missed something key? "What did I miss Arenji?" Now he was curious. Granted he didn't know these lionesses well and could easily have missed an undertone that had something to do with the pride.

Now he flushed at the compliment. He was a caring lion. It was just in his nature, and there wasn't anything he would do about it. He enjoyed caring for Lore, and helping the members of his pride in any way he could. Caring also meant protecting. He'd been willing to fight that hyena to the death to save Lore from being her dinner. In the end he'd even agreed to help her hunt if she let Lore go. He shook his head to pull himself out of his memories.

"I uh..... wandered kinda far this time. More than I usually do," he gave a sheepish chuckle. "Always had to see what was on the next hill over." L'envoi gave serious thought to her question. He flicked his tail and shifted how he was sitting. "Well, I don't have a mate yet. There are ladies in the pride I could ask to help with the cubs." For now that was the best he could promise. He didn't want to promise something and be unable to hold to it. The black male gave a wince at his wimpy answer. He was kind of looking forward to bringing more male cubs back to the pride now; though he wouldn't object if Arenji decided they should keep them instead.

The bird jumped a bit closer. "I will be there too ladies. You have my word I will help with any cubs he brings back." She turned her head to eyeball the lionesses. True she wasn't a feline, but she was still female. "When we go out gathering I could always keep my eyes open to gather a nice female lioness for him." She bobbed her head playfully.

magnadearel

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:09 pm
Navalin watched her mate warm up to the male and felt a large amount of relief. She could not have made her mate like the male, and that was what had worried her most. While the green lioness might have had an easy time getting her mate to agree to be with her, she often found that her mate got frustrated with her a bit more easily than she would like. They did things in very different ways and the green lioness was often having to fix hurt feelings with her mate. It was much better to avoid them in the first place, but she was still learning how to do that.

Navalin grumbled to herself at the nudge on the shoulder. "I don't need the defense of a male... and I am sure just by himself he would do fine with his sons.... he does have Lore." The green lioness was actually defending this male to her mate. What had the world come to? Covering her choice was one thing, but this wasn't just defending her own choice anymore, this was downright defending the male's ability to care for his own offspring. Navalin just hoped that nobody caught on to this.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:59 pm
Arenji chuckled lightly at L'envoi's question, remembering a little too late that most outsiders don't really understand the full extent of what goes on within the pride's borders. Noting how well the two seemed to be getting along now, she thought better of revealing just how deep the female's hatred for male's went. "Let's just say Navalin was in a very sour mood that day." Again, her sweet smile returned, and the twinkle in her eye was back. She was fully prepared to listen to him answer her question in return, she only hoped she liked the answer!

Though once he revealed it, she had to admit to herself, she was slightly disappointed with it. "Ah, I see. Well, I don't suppose there's ever anything wrong with not having found the right lady just yet." Pausing for a moment, she licked Navalin's cheek lovingly before continuing, "It took me quite some time to find mine."

It seemed a while before anyone spoke up again, but when they did it was Lore. Which sort of surprised Arenji, and her eyes bulged a bit at the very idea. But after careful thought, she simply laughed it off. "I appreciate your motherly instinct lore. And I trust that you'll be a fine avian Matron to our boys." Arenji wanted to squish the bird into a giant hug at how sweet she was. But she knew doing so would likely smoosh her!

It wasn't long after Lore chimed in that a rather unexpected comment came from the most unexpected place. None other than Navalin chimed in, vouching for L'envoi's own abilities. The entire thing threw Arenji for a loop, but she knew Navalin wouldn't want it mentioned so she kept her mouth shut. Instead simply smiling to herself.

"Of course he's capable, after meeting he and Lore I have no doubts! I ... I just hope Lore doesn't attempt to feed the boys the way birds feed their young ... I fear that might end badly for her!" Finally letting loose her uproarious laughter, Arenji winked at Lore happily.

magnadearel

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:27 am
Kathryn Dragonna

He cast a grateful glance toward Navalin for her support. She knew Arenji better than he did. Softly he cleared his throat. "I... ah... do have some experience with male cubs. Did bring some back before." His previous one-night stand was a bit awkward to talk about now. The boys were well grown by now and he rarely thought about it. So it wasn't like he was totally helpless. Still he wanted to give some assurance to the pair.

L'envoi gave a playful snort as his bird chipped in. Oh he was sure she'd be grrreat help. The dark male wondered what would have happened if Navalin had been in a very sour mood the day he'd met her. He probably didn't want to know, he realized. There was a bit of a catch in Arenji's voice. L'envoi nodded his head slowly. It was hard to find what one wasn't looking for. Honestly he had never really considered finding a lady for himself. He was more interested in bugs and plants than a lady. Maybe it was time to change that?

The bird gave a cackle of laughter at the lioness' humor. "Well it works just fine for chicks!" She fluffed her feathers humorously at the thought of the cubs accidentally trying to eat her. L'envoi wouldn't allow that, but it was funny and scary at the same time. Lore looked between the trio of lions. She was happy to be the male's partner, and to be included in on this. It made them all seem like family.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:46 pm
"See, he has had cubs before, Arenji. Do not worry your pretty head over such things." It actually did make Navalin feel better that he had had cubs before, but at the same time, she was slightly amused that the male made no mention of female cubs. Two things could be meant by this, all males in the litter, which would do her no good if it happened to her, or the female kept her female cubs such as Navalin wished to do. She hoped it was the second rather than the first. A fully male litter would get Arenji after her to keep males and Navalin did not wish to have to do that.

The green lioness did not doubt her or her mate's ability to be parents. She doubted her ability to keep her bias against the rest of her male relatives out of it. Navalin knew that the male cubs would be better off with their father. Besides the possibility of her getting attached to males was horrifying. "Now if my mate is done fretting over such silly things as the male's ability to raise cubs, perhaps we should let L'envoi spend some time searching for his bugs as I promised he could do."

Depawsit

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:06 pm
Well, she could at least feel better knowing that he had cared for cubs before. Though she hadn't caught onto his statement fully. 'He had raised male cubs before.' Had she caught wind of that, she likely would have opened a new can of worms sheerly out of panic alone. Luckily for all of them though, Arenji was a simple soul, and listened not to every single word but to the overall point of things. Her mind had been set at ease, and she was all the more comfortable with her current situation.

"Guess you're right aren't you Navi?" She giggled lightly, poking fun at her mate with a randomly placed pet name. "Very well then, thank you for your time L'envoi - Lore." Dipping her head in respect, Arenji finally rose to her paws after the long winded conversation.

"I hope to meet the two of you again soon!" Smiling fondly back at her new acquaintances, she nudged her mate to her feet as well. "Enjoy your bug hunt L'envoi!" She added as the two began to make their leave at last. There was likely some more talking to be had amongst the ladies, but her mind was now at ease with her children's Daddy-to-be.

Kathryn Dragonna
END?

Magnadearel

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas