Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Role Playing Society

Back to Guilds

A Role Playing Guild focused around a city with different types of people and races. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Romance, Love, Town, City 

Reply Other Roleplays
A Life Among the Stars. (O/A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pyro219

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:21 pm
"In this universe, there has been millennia of human expansion and technological achievement. We have expanded over millions of stars, colonized countless planets and moons, and created incredible starships to cross the void. Things change, rapidly in this world. Factions are created, grown, climax, collapse, and die, almost as much as the stars in these heavens. The factions of this current age only number 5, though at times there were 1, and there were 15. The world is in flux at all times. The one constant in this universe, however, is a mere spaceship. A spaceship of the rare "Corsair" class, larger than even the biggest Capital ships of the Ardenon Empire, but faster than the cruisers of the Lerant Federation, a ship of great status, one that has fought over 5 centuries in service of every major empire of the galaxies. The spaceship is named "Reaper of the Stars", and any person who wishes to spend their lives in space aspires for a spot on this incredible ship. And, as it so happens, YOU, yes, YOU, have been chosen for a spot on this ship by it's Captain, Trensik Mitikar, and you would be wise to accept it."

You've just received this mail in your E-box. A lifetime of study, training, and fighting has landed you a spot on this prestigious ship. Your hands shake like never before as you send a reply, scrambling to find the right words to accept this honor. You immediately prepare for the journey to this great, albeit mysterious, ship and it's captain. You know you will be flying up there, among the greats, in every major incident for the rest of your working life, a Life Among the Stars.

((this is so bland as a first post, i know, but trust me, I'll make this good.))  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:48 pm
The People and Their Lives

There are 5 main human races in this world, along with a plethora of jobs to go along with them. Each are suited to, but not restricted to, a certain set of careers. The races are:

The Lerantese, of the Lerant Federation: The lithe, quick, fast-reflexed, quick-thinking, beautiful people of the galaxies. Known for being incredible fighter pilots and gunners. Great lovers, might I add.

Ardenons, of the Ardenon Empire: Incredibly strong, Incredibly strong-willed, stubborn, far-seeing religious folks of the universe. They are known for being incredible soldiers and gunners, along with being incredible leaders.

The Isinji, of the Isinjin Commonwealth: The most intelligent people you will ever meet in your lifetime, albeit one of the more frailer of them all. The best mechanics, technical officers, tacticians, and inventors. Period.

The Jebin, of the Jebintu States: The all-rounders. Good at everything, masters of nothing. A very neutral set of people.

The Ketinta, of the Ketin Monarchy: The more...Clandestine of the people of the universe. Spies, thieves, infiltrators, assassins, etc. If it's cloak-and-dagger, they're all over it.

And, finally, but not the least, the Pertu, of the Pertuan Society: Shrewd, smooth-talking, jolly people. Great merchants, diplomats, cooks, and, surprisingly, doctors.

JOBS:

Required for the "Reaper of the Stars" are the following positions:

Fighter Wing Leader: OPEN
DESC: Leader of the "Deathwing" Fighter squadron hired to the "Reaper".

Chief Medical Officer: OPEN
DESC: Responsible for all Medical situations, as well as the mental well-being of the ship's crew.

Space Marine Commander: RESERVED
DESC: Commander of the "Grim Division" Space Marine regiment stationed on the "Reaper"

Mechanical Officer: OPEN
DESC: Responsible for all mechanical repairs and maintenance of the ship, as well as distribution and creation of new inventions.

Chief Diplomat: OPEN
DESC: Broker of deals, and responsible for obtaining supplies for the ship.

Executive Officer (XO): OPEN
DESC: Second-in-command.

Intelligence Operations Officer: OPEN
DESC: Responsible for clandestine operations and intelligence gathering.

Capitan of the Ship: Trensik Mitikar  

Pyro219

Pyro219

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:55 pm
RULES

1: I DON'T NEED ALL 8 PEOPLE TO START. You may join at ANY TIME.

2: No godmodding, you know what I mean...

3: ROMANCE IS ENCOURAGED. Like, really. Not joking. Seriously. Do it. BUT KEEP IT at LEAST PG-14. Anything more, PM/ Timeskip. And please, I dont want to see full-on relationships until at LEAST page four or five. Interest can be shown, but please, wait.

4: I AM GOD-EMPEROR OF THIS RP. If you don't like, I WILL throw you out the airlock.

5: Participation is key. Reply at least ONCE (1) every TWO to THREE (2-3) days. If you can't, PM me, we'll come up with something.

6: evil if you skimmed, mrgreen if you read, ninja if you actually took your freaking time.

7: PM ME THOSE FREAKING APPLICATIONS. kthx luv u bby <3

8: I am a "3-strikes-your-out" kind of person. I WILL write you out if you argue a strike against you. I'm serious.

9: Have fun, or I'll force you to have fun. I'm not kidding.

Please, for the love of god, ask for a reserve. I need to know who to say Yes or No to.

NOTE: There will be less ship-to-ship combat than you would expect. More of a "Space Life" type of thing, with stuff popping up every now and then.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:05 am
APPLICATIONS

I'm not too picky on applications, honestly. PM me applications, with PLENTY of reading for me to do. I'm a lore junky and love reading up on people.

Preferred App requirements:

Name/Nickname:
Job:
Personality:
Bio:
Hobbies:
Love interest:
Played by:

MAEK IT PRETTEH

ACCEPTED PEOPLE:

Image: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.CAPTAIN:
NAME: Trensik Mitikar
Race: Ardenon-Isinjii
Job: Captain of the ship
Personality: A thoughtful, calculating man, chilled and tempered by unknown years of experience. Content, though a bit lonely. He is polite by pure instinct, though may come off as a bit of a sarcastic p***k when his intelligence shows through. And, as a man who's a bit of a lightweight, he will get very strange, very quick when he drinks alcohol, as the long years of solitude have taken their toll.
Bio: Trensik was born long, long ago, when the "Reaper of the Stars" was first being constructed by his clan of shipbuilders. He grew up literally in the shipyard floating above the moons of Saturn along with the Reaper, the ship becoming his close friend, as Xenos and mechanics of the highest caliber came and built the ship that is, 500 years later, still the most technologically-advanced and most powerful ship in the universe. As the mechanics, technicians, aliens, and programmers came and went, he learned from them, and as thing progressed, he learned from soldiers, politicans, capitans, the cream of the crop, you might think. He wasn't the...happiest of children, though. An Isinji mother, always working on the Reaper or away on some mission of discovery, and a long-dead Ardenon father made his childhood a solitary one. But, as things were in the world, and he was content. He loved to learn, loved to know, and most of all, loved to live, to feel the intense rush of life, either it being in the middle of a space battle, or the discoverer of something incredible and new. And so, his life went on, and the ship grew alongside him, stoic and the biggest constant in his life. As the final part was installed, and all systems ran green, Trensik had an idea. A terrible idea. The ship could support over 50,000 crew members for 150 years if needed, and extend the crew member's lifetimes to well beyond that. Imagine what could be possible for 1 person? Immortality, and near-infinite supplies? The trap in his mind was set. He was ready to go. And so, in the lull of the cycle, he took it. He stole one of the greatest ships ever built, all in his lonesome.
Activating the ship's custom made Jump Drive, he took a wild leap into the void, hundreds of light-years away from where he started. And so, he was alone.
All alone.
He sat there for a year, re-learning the ship from a captain's standpoint, living and breathing that ship. Trensik learned all there was to learn about that ship, and finally set off for the nearest colonized planet, to take his first crew. He took a barebones crew, made of the meanest pirates and scum on the edge of the world, and took off back to the center of the known universe, Sol, ready to fight. Mitikar took up arms for the highest bidder, only once every 50 years, and fought for exactly 15 Sol years, before taking off to explore the universe once more. Now he has returned, after a pirate raid took most of his crew, and all of his commanding officers. This..Shall be interesting.
Hobbies: Tinkering, reading, stargazing, piloting, exercise, and debate.
Love interest: N/A
Played by: Pyro219

Pyro219

Other Roleplays

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas