Confectionery Puff Rock

10,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:21 am
lol why are you so bothered by a cat doing cat things? p***y  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:38 am
welp i'm not moving in with my sister, she's a big reason why I moved. not the point of your post, i know.

I don't want her to get rid of her cat I just want to be able to walk in my house that i'm paying rent for and not have to chase a cat around my room so he doesn't get into my stuff.  

Confectionery Puff Rock

10,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:07 am
I don't think you're being unreasonable- you didn't know the cat would be annoying, but now you know! Unfortunately now your roommate has committed to being a pet owner, so it's not like she can just give the cat up.

Your roommate is right though, the cat will grow out of a lot of those things. But I don't think it's unreasonable to ask her to keep the cat's stuff in her room so that it can be at least out of your way. It's unreasonable to ask her to get rid of it and it doesn't sound like it's behaving badly, but I promise you that it will mellow out. Until then, you're just going to have to deal with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:14 am
Undecidability
I don't think you're being unreasonable- you didn't know the cat would be annoying, but now you know! Unfortunately now your roommate has committed to being a pet owner, so it's not like she can just give the cat up.

Your roommate is right though, the cat will grow out of a lot of those things. But I don't think it's unreasonable to ask her to keep the cat's stuff in her room so that it can be at least out of your way. It's unreasonable to ask her to get rid of it and it doesn't sound like it's behaving badly, but I promise you that it will mellow out. Until then, you're just going to have to deal with it.
I love your avatar.

Yeah I am kind of just trying to deal with it the only reason I was considering talking to her is because my counselor wanted me to, but I think I might just tell her I think it would hurt our friendship. Kovu had mellowed out a bit before Shannon left for the holidays and of course now he's lonely so it's like we're back to square one for the time being. I wish she had found other arrangements for him but oh well.  

Confectionery Puff Rock

10,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:25 am
Thanks!

If you're feeling this way, I think you should talk to her though! I think it would be fine to tell her just that you've realized you don't really like cats, and that you know she's responsible for him now but you would just appreciate the option of having space away from him, or being able to put him in her room when you have guests over or if he's being obnoxious. Also cats have like a 6th sense for people who don't like them. They love you so much more when you don't really want to be around them.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:32 am
yeah that's probably a good idea. We have talked about how annoying he can be, she has experienced it too of course. Ripping up toilet paper and what not, knocking over her bookcase. ;p She says I can put him in her room just not for too long so he doesn't potty in there. She's been pretty good about it lately, I had him in her room one day when she came home and my brothers were over, and she kept him up there until we left.

And don't I know it, my mom absolutely does not like cats at all, but of course they all love her because of it.  

Confectionery Puff Rock

10,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:36 am
I had a boyfriend who was allergic to cats, so of course anytime he was over all 6 of my cats would be all over him.  
The Literate Spam Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games