Reply 'Tendo Cult~
3DS Games Decision....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eclerys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:27 pm
Hi everyone, I'm new in gaia, and also in the guild. Well, I just recently bought the Nintendo 3DS and I'm wondering what kind of games I could buy. I only have Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Pokemon Y.

I love adventure tipes as well as strategical ones. I would like opinions or feedbacks about the games. I can only get one more (my own personal present for Christmas XD) so I could really need the help. sweatdrop

Thanks in advance.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:08 pm
If you like action, you can't go wrong with Kid Icarus Uprising. It's got a lot of replay and a lot to do even in one play through. The weapon system is easy to wrap your head around, but refreshingly deep.

The cheeky in-game dialogue might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I found myself enjoying it.

I'd probably be recommending Resident evil: revelations, but there's a PC and console version which is, as I am told, a general upgrade. Still, it's a great game full of exploration and it's really quality.

For strategy games, I'd say you should try the demo for Fire Emblem: Awakening. Actually, just check out the whole demo section of the eShop.

Speaking of the eShop. Best buy has a deal, ending pretty soon where all prepaid eShop cards are 20% off. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/save-on-nintendo-eshop-cards-115703

And there's a new Zelda game out, ya know.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:21 pm
also, there's a bunch of deals going on right now in various other places. ARM YOURSELF WITH DEAL KNOWLEDGE! http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=218892

(Cloak yourself in deal wisdom)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:10 pm
Yeah, I'd say Kid Icarus Uprising and Fire Emblem both sound good for you.

Apparently the Ghost Recon game is really good too, but I haven't played it. My strategy-fan friend approves it and it's cheap on Amazon right now: http://www.amazon.com/Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Shadow-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B004L4G8UC/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_y  

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:09 am
So, yeah, that gift card deal is over now. New weekly deals now, I guess.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:41 pm
Not sure if I can really recommend Uprising because I found the controls to be uncomfortable.
Definitely get FE: Awakening. It rules. It's the best Fire Emblem. And it's got a mode where your units don't die permanently, if you're like me, and can't handle death. 3nodding
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for sure, since you like adventure games. It drastically improved the first game, so if you liked/have played Luigi's Mansion you should get this one.

Since you can only get one, I'd say Fire Emblem is a safe bet!

I'm sad that I missed that gift card deal. crying sweatdrop
And more sad that I missed a BOGO deal.  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Eclerys

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:41 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1
Not sure if I can really recommend Uprising because I found the controls to be uncomfortable.
Definitely get FE: Awakening. It rules. It's the best Fire Emblem. And it's got a mode where your units don't die permanently, if you're like me, and can't handle death. 3nodding
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for sure, since you like adventure games. It drastically improved the first game, so if you liked/have played Luigi's Mansion you should get this one.

Since you can only get one, I'd say Fire Emblem is a safe bet!

I'm sad that I missed that gift card deal. crying sweatdrop
And more sad that I missed a BOGO deal.

Luigi's mansion was indeed appealing to me. I loved the first game, it is one of my favorites alongside Pokemon and Custom Robot. However, you're right about FE as well. So far, I think FE and Uprising are my best bets, so I'm going to play Uprising in a demo or something like that to make sure I don't mind the controls, because if the control is bad, it ruins the game for me.

Thanks a lot  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:43 pm
Meta_Fish
Yeah, I'd say Kid Icarus Uprising and Fire Emblem both sound good for you.

Apparently the Ghost Recon game is really good too, but I haven't played it. My strategy-fan friend approves it and it's cheap on Amazon right now: http://www.amazon.com/Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Shadow-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B004L4G8UC/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_y

Ghost Recon, I found it in gamers, one of the people in charge were playing it. He told me about and even let me play it. It is really good, and hopefully I could buy it soon, but right now, it doesn't appeal to me as much as FE and Kid Icarus.  

Eclerys

Eclerys

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:46 pm
[Kegan]
If you like action, you can't go wrong with Kid Icarus Uprising. It's got a lot of replay and a lot to do even in one play through. The weapon system is easy to wrap your head around, but refreshingly deep.

The cheeky in-game dialogue might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I found myself enjoying it.

I'd probably be recommending Resident evil: revelations, but there's a PC and console version which is, as I am told, a general upgrade. Still, it's a great game full of exploration and it's really quality.

For strategy games, I'd say you should try the demo for Fire Emblem: Awakening. Actually, just check out the whole demo section of the eShop.

Speaking of the eShop. Best buy has a deal, ending pretty soon where all prepaid eShop cards are 20% off. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/save-on-nintendo-eshop-cards-115703

And there's a new Zelda game out, ya know.

I love that website, thanks a lot for showing it to me biggrin

However, Resident Evil is a big no for me. I have never been good at those games, in fact, I'm stressed every time I play first-person shooting (you have no idea how bad I am at those). But the eshop does have awesome deals. I will make sure check it often from now on.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:21 pm
Only the shooting is in first person. It's mostly an action adventure game, but it's probably one of the first resident evil games in a while to have a real sense of "Wow, this is intense," and "If I use my ammo stupidly, I will probably die."  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Eclerys

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:26 pm
[Kegan]
Only the shooting is in first person. It's mostly an action adventure game, but it's probably one of the first resident evil games in a while to have a real sense of "Wow, this is intense," and "If I use my ammo stupidly, I will probably die."

I took it into consideration, but to be honest, I'm not sure if I should choose that game. It would make a great gift for my brother though (he does like resident evil games).

I had finally taken the choice of picking Fire Emblem Awakening.

Thanks a lot for all the feedback.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:40 pm
If you're gonna get it somewhere that is selling it at full price, make sure it's somewhere with a 30 day low price guarantee.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Eclerys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:10 pm
[Kegan]
If you're gonna get it somewhere that is selling it at full price, make sure it's somewhere with a 30 day low price guarantee.

Got it, thanks Kegan  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff