Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:17 am
Just wanna get this off my chest a bit.

My dad and brother visited our place for the weekend. The entire time, my dad was using female pronouns and stressing s**t like 'sister'.

I mean, I kind of feel like it was one thing when I was living with them. You know, kind of a 'your house, your rules' thing.

But you're going to come to MY place and NOT RESPECT MY CHOICES?

GET. THE. ********. OUT.

I was seriously so happy when he left. I hadn't seen him for over three weeks and after a day I wanted him gone.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:08 am
Sorry to hear that, dude.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:14 pm
B1g_crunch

Yeah.

Good in some respects though. I think I'm pissed off enough to finally get started on the legal process of name change.

Six forms in all, plus a sizeable fee for filing.

It'll be worth it though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:46 pm
Zphal
B1g_crunch

Yeah.

Good in some respects though. I think I'm pissed off enough to finally get started on the legal process of name change.

How much does it cost to change a name? And also what was it (I think you said Deidrich)?  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:03 pm
B1g_crunch
Zphal
B1g_crunch

Yeah.

How much does it cost to change a name? And also what was it (I think you said Deidrich)?

$500. And yeah, but the typical spelling swaps the e and i to 'ie'. I kinda just go by 'Rick' irl anyway. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:56 pm
Zphal
B1g_crunch
Zphal
B1g_crunch

Yeah.

$500. And yeah, but the typical spelling swaps the e and i to 'ie'. I kinda just go by 'Rick' irl anyway. xp

Oh wow, that's more expensive than I thought it'd be.

It's weird; I only know you as Z, so I imagine you use that name in real life too, like on official documents and s**t.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:04 pm
B1g_crunch
Zphal
B1g_crunch
Zphal
B1g_crunch

Yeah.

It's weird; I only know you as Z, so I imagine you use that name in real life too, like on official documents and s**t.

Yeah, and that doesn't include the cost of publishing the announcement in the newspaper for four consecutive weeks. Another fun California law!

Hehe, I've gone by Z offline. 3nodding But that'd be pretty awesome to have a single letter all to myself. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:07 pm
Zphal
B1g_crunch
Zphal
B1g_crunch
Zphal
B1g_crunch

Yeah.

Yeah, and that doesn't include the cost of publishing the announcement in the newspaper for four consecutive weeks. Another fun California law!

Hehe, I've gone by Z offline. 3nodding But that'd be pretty awesome to have a single letter all to myself. xd

Sounds great there if the Red Hot Chili Peppers won't shut the ******** up about it.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:13 pm
B1g_crunch
Zphal
B1g_crunch
Zphal
B1g_crunch

Sounds great there if the Red Hot Chili Peppers won't shut the ******** up about it.

rofl Nah, Cali's a great state to visit. Lots of fun stuff to go do and see.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:08 pm
That's terrible of them and I completely understand you being pissed. I admit whenever I'm talking about you to Daniel I still sometimes say she out of habit. But I correct myself right away. The fact that your dad is doing it on purpose in YOUR house is terrible.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Sup3r_Bwahaha

Barton Witch

18,800 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:32 am
Hey, you should go to HIS house and play by YOUR rules and if he gets upset, tell him to never bother you again since he can't play by YOUR rules in YOUR house.

Maybe the whole thing will blow over, and yeah, that might be a little drastic, so yeah. I forget to use he instead of she.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:33 am
That sucks. I can definitely understand the irritation/anger/etc. you would feel if someone quite close to you won't use the right pronoun you prefer.

---

Zphal

Really?! You have to make an announcement in the newspaper for changing your name? What a weird law to have. neutral  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Sup3r_Bwahaha

Barton Witch

18,800 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:39 am
Zphal
...Yeah, and that doesn't include the cost of publishing the announcement in the newspaper for four consecutive weeks. Another fun California law!...

Wait, there's a law about that? THAT'S RETARDED! WHY THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TO GET IT PUBLISHED FOR! Going to the post office and DMV is fine, but seriously, the news papers? emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:49 pm
Prof. Moonie
That sucks. I can definitely understand the irritation/anger/etc. you would feel if someone quite close to you won't use the right pronoun you prefer.

---

Zphal

Really?! You have to make an announcement in the newspaper for changing your name? What a weird law to have. neutral

I think it's for the *****.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash