Submit

Kegokec

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:40 pm
My friend is looking for a book she used to have. So, I posted the cover description on a Wiccan page on Facebook. The admin just kept posting "?" and when I tried to explain that was all info I had, the admin deleted my post. I messaged the page and asked why my post had been deleted and the admin got angry at me and even put in shouty caps "IT'S MY PAGE I can delete what I want" and accused me of trolling without listening to me. D: I apologized for "whatever I did to make you so angry" and said good night. Soo now I'm here. Sorry for the rant. I just feel like a Wiccan should not treat someone like that who does not deserve it.

Anyway, this is the description:

"The book is like a periwinkle purple color and is paperback. There is a girl on the cover of the book and I think the girl is sitting on a set of stone steps. She had her elbows resting on her knees or something, and was wearing a bluish skirt and possibly a white top. I think she had dirty blond hair, but it could have been darker, and the girl was white. I can't remember if the picture was on the front or back cover. I think the girl may have had on a mardi gras mask, but I could be completely wrong. The book was about an inch or so think, and had a 9inch spine.

It had a bunch of mythos and spells to accompany the stories. One that stands out in my mind is the story of Boudicca, and I think Artemis was mentioned as well."

Edit: Nevermind! It's Teen Goddess: How to Look, Love and Live Like a Goddess By Catherine Wishart  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:19 pm
Kegokec
Edit: Nevermind! It's Teen Goddess: How to Look, Love and Live Like a Goddess By Catherine Wishart

I've not read the book, but just looking at some of the reviews on Amazon, you may want to cross-check some of the lore listed with primary sources. Seems that some of it is not very well researched, and in some cases is blatantly wrong.

Doesn't mean that the exercises might not be useful, but just need to do your own research as well, to make sure that you aren't getting wrong information.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:23 pm
too2sweet
Kegokec

I've not read the book, but just looking at some of the reviews on Amazon, you may want to cross-check some of the lore listed with primary sources. Seems that some of it is not very well researched, and in some cases is blatantly wrong.

Doesn't mean that the exercises might not be useful, but just need to do your own research as well, to make sure that you aren't getting wrong information.

I'd throw out the lore listed in that book altogether. I've tried reading it before. The lore is so terrible in it. She lists Mary, as in mother of Jesus Mary, as a moon goddess. Catherine also lists other women as goddesses who are in lore not. She also takes the "goddesses" and completely changes their style.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:54 pm
My friend was looking for it, not me. I'll pass this along to her though. Thank you~

Kegokec

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items