Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:21 pm
User Image

The mistwalkers really wouldn't have been most lions guess who knew Yuan of where he'd end up later in life. Yuan Gui had a bit of a sleazy thievery side to him that made him a lone lion for a long time. You couldn't get to close to another when he only really cared about what it was they could offer him. At least in his youth he'd been like that.

Now he was what some would consider, an adult. His youthful days of thieving where , some what, behind him. The mistwalkers had inspired him to cut the crap he supposed. Really, he wasn't sure what it was that attracted him to the wandering group of lions. Maybe it was the rumors and talk that their home land glistened brighter than any gem he'd ever see.

And the rumors had proven true. When the sun hit the mists they glimmered and shone like no other thing that Yuan could ever imagine. So that was what kept him here. This was his treasure along with the prides.

The sun was just coming up when Yuan decided he was going to stroll the boarders to see if he couldn't find some thing to hunt for his pride. The blue lion used the covers of the mists to skillfully lurk in. His every movement was calculated and precisely careful as he padded along those slick wet rocks keeping his noise as down as he could. He'd learned that bringing things that jingle on a hunt was a bad idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:40 pm
User Image
Cordero had wandered father than he'd ever imagined he could, all the way to the borders of the mistwalkers. He couldn't say exactly what it was that possessed him to come in this direction other then he was getting a little tired of wandering. Cordero really enjoyed seeing new places, the feel of the different landscapes under his pads but as of late he was feeling the need to settle down. At least find a place to return to if anything. Cordero was a very young lion who still had a great deal to learn about the world let alone himself, coming to the misties was a good step in becoming an adult.

When Cordero made it into the mist he found it too difficult to navigate and might as well have had a blindfold over his eyes. Not that he really ever knew where he was going to begin with, but this was different. "The mist has eyes." He laughed to himself, grinning all the while. It had been a remark made as a joke to himself. He could have never imagined that somewhere hidden in this mist was another lion let alone a whole pride. Generally he had a good sense of smell but the mist made him feel useless. Like a newborn baby cub. He wasn't much different from one on a good day.

Pretty much the entire way toward the border he had hit into various objects that he couldn't see and never ceased his tripping. When he reached the border he laid down on his back, having reached the point where he wondered if he was just going in a giant circle, and proclaimed himself done for a short while. Cordero wasn't going to give up walking, he just needed a few minutes to gather his thoughts. Figure out this mist somehow. "This is hard."

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:54 pm
~Kiana_Nala~

Yuan Gui was a seasoned hunter but even the mists some times made his job a bit more difficult. He had not been born of these lands so he had to learn them. For the most part the blue lion was pretty good about finding his way and finding just what it was that he wanted.

A noise near the boarder attracted the lions attention. Some thing had made a sound and it sounded like something talking to it self. The noise was muffled from the distance so it was hard for Yuan to really grasp what the voice was saying. If it was a voice at all. The only sensible thing to do was to investigate. Sure, he could have found one of the sentinels to do this but why bother when he could do it him self. Yuan was pretty good when it came to fighting if there was need be. At least the male told him self he was. Other reviews might suggest otherwise.

The mists swirled and parted with each step the blue lion took. They were thick today almost like clouds. Even a veteran mistwalker might have had trouble maneuvering their way through the thick of it all. Yuan did so as gracefully as possible but here and there he would trip or come close to walking in to something.

The mistwalker stopped when he could see the faint outline of something just beyond. The lions head lifted slowly as did his ear. A sleazy grin came across his maw. Was this some form of feline on their boarder? Slowly he crept closer being careful to keep a good distance between the two still. The lion found a nice boulder to prop him self up on and stand.

"You've come to the land which ghosts walk my child," He managed in a suave voice.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:51 pm
The mist had really messed him and his sense up because Cordero had not heard the stranger approaching and when he had noticed him it was only because the lion had talked to him. Instantly his own ears perked up but he stayed where he was. Cordero had very little sense of danger. "Ghosts?" He asked, tilting his head the best he could while lying there on the ground. It was a lucky thing for him that he'd encountered this particular male as opposed to say a more devious one.

With a slight huff the young male rose up onto his paws, but sat down, giving off an aura of complete and utter innocence. Not once had it crossed his mind to try and shy away or show he was of no harm to the stranger. "Are you a ghost?" He found himself asking. Cordero had heard rumors and tales of ghosts before but he'd never encountered one before so he had no idea what one was supposed to look like. From the tales he had heard though this stranger could definitely be one. Appearing out of thin air, making no sound, it all fit. This notion seemed to amuse him as he could help but grin and flick his tail in a show of joy.

"I've never met a ghost before! I'm Cordero! Do you know your name?" Cordero wondered if ghosts could remember their names or their past lives. Part of him hoped they could while another part hoped for the opposite. How tragic would it be to be yourself but not yourself all at the same time? Could you watch over your loved ones? What if they were gone? What happened then? The strangers one remark had caused a great sea of questions to form in his young mind.

Alpaca Chobi

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:04 am
~Kiana_Nala~

"Ah.." This wasnt the sort of reaction the blue male had planned for. He had paused for a moment out of shock before returning with, "I s'pose you could say that. Yeah."

And then the questions where at him like the ratattat tat of a machine gun. Yuan really had not expected this. He froze even more out of shock. If Yuan was closer to this male he'd had seen that the 'ghosts' jaw had gone slack just a bit. Yuan let the boy finish while trying to hold on to his composure.

"Yuan Gui is my name. And I'm not that kind of ghost. I'm as alive as you are." It was probably best to come clean. There were to many potential lies piling up and Yuan was not one for a sloppy back story when he was conning. Even if said conning was harmless fun, this lion was a professional. Always be able to keep your story straight was his motto.

But that was besides the point right now.

"You've stumbled upon those that dwell in the mists." He walked forward revealing that he was alive in the flesh. Talking in these mistic riddles was fun. Yuan mostly did so for the theatrics. The lion held his head up high proudly as he took a few more steps forward allowing the mist to sway with his every step.

"Is there something in the mists that has beckoned you?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:25 am
Cordero wasn't ever subtle in the way he conducted himself whether it be in words or in mannerisms. His brain never turned off so it was almost a requirement that he shared every single thing he thought about with another individual. He wasn't very good at picking up cue's from others that he may be saying to much or taking something to far. However, Cordero was a kind lion so everything he did and said usually came from a good place. He had yet to encounter a situation where he had to be a bad guy so to speak. In fact, he'd never been in a potentially damaging situation at all. Yuan Gui was probably the most devious of characters he'd ever met and of course he didn't know that this stranger did have a more shady past then one might think.

"Oh." He replied, his eagerness diminished just slightly. Of course he had known it was probably too good to be true that this male was a ghost but Cordero liked believing in the possibility of the unknown, well to an extent. He may not believe in something but he never made it seem like it was so out of the realm of possibility. Yuan being a ghost was one of them until he'd said otherwise. "Nice to meet you."

When Yuan Gui began to explain further his meaning behind his first response to the ghost question Cordero's interest was peaked. So there were those that lived in this mist? They must be extraordinary. To be able to live here seemed like a challenging prospect, he was curious to find out more. When he was asked a question in return Cordero shrugged slightly. "I'm a wanderer who's getting a little tired I guess? Somehow I made it here." He laughed. Cordero couldn't explain why he'd taken this particular direction as a destination but he had. Now he found himself curious to learn more about these mistwalkers. "What does it mean to be a mist dweller? What types of things do all of you do? How many are there? Is it hard living in the mist?"

Alpaca Chobi

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:04 pm
~Kiana_Nala~

A smiled curved on the blue males maw at the nice to meet you. "Like wise," Was offered by Yuan.

So the boy was a traveler of sorts? It seemed to Yuan that he was on his own. He didn't seem to be seeking them out at all either. Not on purpose at least.

Shortly there after more questions started. But these where questions that Yuan actually could answer because he knew first hand. Again he waited for the younger male to finish before answering. The kid seemed like he was harmless and not a danger so why not.

"What does it mean?" The older lion mused, "It means you're to be as a ghost and not leave a trail. It means that you're in tune with the past and future of what the mists really are," Okay so Yuan was just repeating what he'd heard a Maji spew at this point. "There are quite a few of us. We record stories with dyes and keep a watchful eye over these sacred lands. AND YES Its bloody hard at first to live in the mists," Okay there he was talking more like him self now. It felt good. "Honestly I think one of the more spiritual members might be able to answer your questions a bit more than I can. I'm just a hunter." He gave a weary smile.

"Are you seeking the mists?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:22 am
It was nice to meet someone like Yuan, though for what reason Cordero couldn't exactly say. Probably because he was so different from anyone he had ever met before. "I've never left a trail in the rogue lands." He replied honestly as he verbally went over what the male had told him. The idea of recording the prides history and such things didn't really trigger anything in him and he wasn't the best one to be put into a protecting position. Up until that point Cordero thought that the idea might be hopeless until he realized Yuan had mentioned being a hunter himself. Now that was something he could do. Did he have any skill in it? Not really. He had luck though. That always seemed to go well. Maybe if he had Yuan to show him the ropes too he wouldn't be a complete waste of space.

Upon Yuan asking his final question Cordero could only grin. "I think I am. So long as you're willing to show me the ropes of being a hunter." He replied with a happy grin. "I'm not strong and I don't really like to write stories, however, hunting sounds like something I can do."

Alpaca Chobi
Sorry it's short and it took this long. D;

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:54 am
~Kiana_Nala~
No worries! o u o RP is for fun not for rush <3

Yuan gave the lion a small smile.

"I am willing to help you. I felt the same honestly when I came. Not feeling strong like a warrior or cleaver enough to write. But the mists I don't know," He wasn't willing to admit he saw them as a treasure. A treasure no one lion could ever obtain for them selves.

"Walk with me and I will take you to who you need to speak to. Then maybe I can show you the ropes." Yuan chuckled ," And not in the literal sense of a rope," He chuckled again quite amused with his joke.

"Its this way. Stay close though the mists make the area quite slippery and blindingly hard to see."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:18 pm
When Yuan told him he would be willing to help him learn how to be a hunter and take him into the pride, his chest filled with joy. He couldn't believe that this was happening to him. That he had found his home here, among the mist. "Thank you." He said happily, unable to contain the grin that had grown on his maw. "I will make sure not to stray then. I have a feeling it's going to take some time to get used to this mist." He replied, making sure he stuck close to the lion. "I'm ready when you are." He grinned excitedly.

Alpaca Chobi

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:36 pm
~Kiana_Nala~
HI THERE : D

Yuan couldn't hide his utter amusement and glee from his features.

"I'm always ready~" And with that the lion started off in to the mists. He did not move too quickly as to allow the new comer to follow a bit more easily.

(( : D I think that is a wrap. Let me know if you want more mist rp ))  
[IC] Ukungu Mfumaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games