Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:18 pm
User Image

He was far from home, and boy did he know it. How long had it been since he'd been home to visit with his children? It felt like ages, but he knew that soon he would return to them. Soon he would be back, and would be able to hear all about their new lives! Now that they were officially viewed as adults within their pride, it would be time for some changes. His sons would be moving on to new lands, and his daughters would take on roles, similar to the one their Mother had. He wasn't exactly happy to know his daughters would soon be seeking out males of their own, but he supposed it was all part of life.

Drakma smiled a toothy smile as he plopped down near the oasis he'd been circling. Finally he'd had enough of pacing and was prepared to relax. It didn't help that the evening sky was casting a gorgeous mirror image upon the water. It was a lovely scene, one he wanted to take in as much as possible, while enjoying himself as much as possible.

Propping his legs out in front of him, he gently laid his head upon them and stared ahead of him lazily.

This was the life.

Relaxation at its finest.

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:15 pm
Depawsit

Sitiri was enjoying her life as a rogue, though she had not always felt she was cut out for it. Generally, she liked company. In fact, more often than not she liked company. She had a few adventures under her belt so far but none of them had been completely alone. No matter how harrowing they were, good or bad, she was glad to have experienced them.

But so far she had been alone for a few too many days, and that was not sitting well with her. It was wearing on her patience and her emotions, and all she wanted to do was find someone she could get along with and maybe go explore with. Go on an adventure, or anything.

Sit around and talk? She would take that, if it meant just having someone there and not being left to her boring, empty head. She was boring, when she had nothing to compel her, and she certainly was not about to have a conversation with herself. Things were not that bad yet.

So when she spotted the lion up ahead she nearly forgot herself and ran straight to him. But she remembered that she did not know if he was friendly or not, and that was a very important factor in these things. She approached cautiously this time, smiling thinly at him though he wasn't looking yet. It was better to be prepared, though she looked nervous without realizing it.

"Uhm. Hello!"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:59 pm
He was so involved in his own amusement that he hardly noticed the female's approach. Her scent alone hadn't been enough to catch his attention, and her rushed approach hadn't done the trick either. He was just too far involved in his own thoughts, to look out for possible intruders.

It wasn't until after she'd spoken up, that he realized he wasn't alone. But by the time he turned, the female must have thought he was deaf. His reaction time was far too long. As his eyes adjusted to the change in scenery, his ears perked a bit at her appearance. She was quite lovely, with a deep earthy green coat laid over a dazzling pearl white pelt. Drakma hadn't seen such beauty since his last return home to see Chandra, and the look on his face probably told her that. His face was dopey, his mouth slightly agape, and large doe eyes staring holes into fur.

The longer he stared, the louder the voice in his head became. SNAP OUT OF IT! It yelled with desperation. SNAP OUT OF IT BEFORE YOU CREEP HER OUT! If the voice in his head could have done any physical damage, it likely would have smacked him on the forehead.

But it proved to be unnecessary as Drakma soon shook himself from his own trance. Now embarassed, he lowered his head to the ground and tried to come up with an excuse for his actions. Though to be honest, anything he said now was going to sound like a cheesy pick up line.

"HELLO!"

He beamed at her, though never looking up to see her face. "You'll have to forgive my strange behavior tonight, i'm not feeling myself!"

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:41 pm
Depawsit

Sitiri watched him for a long moment, blushing under her fur as he stared at her. She was not sure if he was seeing her or not, his eyes were lingering on her for a very long time and she could not think what he might be staring at.

She was not aware of her being pretty in any way, as used to her coat as she was. Her mother had a much nicer coat, and her brother was an unusual blue. She felt like she fell somewhere sadly behind the two, but she never really put thought to it. It was just something she accepted in the back of her mind.

It was natural, like knowing what color her eyes were. A simple fact.

"H-hello." She was not usually shy but his reaction had her very confused in a short span of time. "I don't know what your normal behavior is, so I guess it wouldn't be fair of me to think this is strange by comparison. Did I scare you, or were you doing something and I interrupted?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:32 pm
Drakma tilted his head at her response, it was definitely one he hadn't been expecting. Truth be told, he'd been expecting a lecture on why he shouldn't stare at a lady like a piece of meat. But she had kindly chosen to overlook his odd behavior, instead giving him some enlightenment. "That's a very fair assessment I suppose." Drakma paused, nodding his head in agreement with her answer. "Though for the record, this isn't my normal behavior." He smiled freely as he let the words slip with a wink.

"Ha, none of the above actually! I was simply staring off into space, admiring the sights and sounds around me. Nothing to be interrupted here!" His tail flicked along with his words as he patted the ground near him.

"You're free to have a seat and join me if you'd like. I dare say its been a while since i've had company of any sort. It'd be a nice change of pace for me!"

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:45 am
Depawsit

Sitiri was not the most experienced as far as life went. She had been living out on her own for a while now, true enough, but walking through the rogue lands had not done much for her, besides one harrowing event that left her rather lost and upset for a while. But being attacked and then saved was one thing. She'd tried to follow the lion that helped her, but he had vanished and she'd returned to her normal, boring place in the world."

Alone, nothing going on, no one around.

"Well, that's good at least. Because if it was, I might begin to think you were a little strange. But if it's just because you're not feeling well, then that's okay too. I'm not in a rush to jump to any conclusions, anyway. You seem nice, though." She smiled at him, swishing her tail behind her. And he was handsome.

At his invitation she bounced a little in her steps, walking over to him and sitting down.

"Are you out here a lot on your own then? I think I've spent half my life walking around stupidly, mostly on my own. It can be really boring sometimes."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:25 pm
Drakma chuckled happily at the female's words, and shook his head lightly at her words. "Well I don't suppose I chose the right words for my feelings. I feel quite healthy, to be honest. I guess my thoughts are just off on their own, kinda tears my focus from everything else." Drakma's tail flicked lazily beside him, as he continued. "I promise you, your instincts are correct, i'm a very good guy. Wouldn't hurt a fly, even if it hurt me first!" Chuckling at his own joke, he ushered the joke away with paw.

Drakma's toothy grin truly began to shine as she bounced around excitedly, before finally taking a seat next to him. His heart fluttered a bit, but soon settled back to its normal rhythm.

"I am usually on my own, though usually not here. I tend to spend most of my time around my children .. who are now grown and off on their own." A sigh parted his lips before he could continue. "I do agree, traveling alone can be incredibly boring. Which is why i'm glad you came to greet me! It was a very pleasant surprise.

My name is Drakma, may I have the pleasure of knowing your's?"

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:18 am
Depawsit

"I would be worried about a fly that could hurt someone," Sitiri said thoughtfully, considering it. It would have to be a very large fly, or it would be armed with something sharp on its body. Did flies bite? She did not know, she usually tried to swat them away with her tail or roll them off of her before they could really get comfortable. She thought they were just capable of buzzing annoyingly in her ears, but then, maybe if they did that loud enough it would hurt.

She was over considering things again, and shook her head to clear it of those frivolous thoughts. She looked at him instead, smiling warmly.

"You have children? I haven't had any yet. I mean. I guess I haven't really been looking for it. I have really good luck if luck is measured by ability to not run into anyone, ever. Except once or twice, like now." She sighed, laying down and putting her head on her paws heavily.

She did look up at him, though, turning to plop onto her side and regard him with a craned head.

"My name is Sitiri. It's nice to meet you, Drakma."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:04 pm
Drakma merely chuckled at Sitiri's bug comment. She was right, he'd never head of a fly that bit either, though he had heard of bugs that did. He was lucky enough so far to never run into one, and he hoped to keep it that way.

"I guess children is a bit of an under statement, I know at least one of them would have words with me if they heard me call them that. They're all grown up now, and they're pretty proud of it. No more of that childish stuff for them!" Chuckling at his own words, he nodded appropriately at Sitiri's words, listening with actual interest.

"Well, are you looking to have them now?" His question was likely a very bold one, but he thought little of it. He'd always been loose with his words, and so far he'd never run in to anyone who corrected him,

"Children are definitely a great gift Sitiri. One day I hope to have more of my own, Perhaps even grandchildren!" Again he laughed at his own joke, knowing full well that he would have grandchildren soon. His daughters were of the proper age now, and were very dedicated to their pride. Grandchildren, were definitely in his near future.

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:20 am
Depawsit

"That's nice, at least! I mean, I know I was pretty happy when I could start calling myself an adult, and I made sure my mom knew it. I don't know who my father is, though, so I could never really have any adolescent anger issues toward him." She chuckled, taking it in stride. Why miss what she had never had? She knew fathers were important in some families, but not hers. Her mother had been more than enough, and she missed her constantly now that she was out on her own.

At his questions she looked thoughtful, glancing up to the sky as she considered it. She had not put actual thought to it before, if it was a family that she was really missing, and why she had to keep roaming. Until she found one?

"I think I want to have a family. I want to settle down some time, find a proper home, raise cubs. My mom seemed so happy with us, and every family I walk by look so happy together. Sometimes I feel a little jealous."

She watched him, smiling.

"I mean, you seem very happy with your family." She assumed that he had lived with them, and helped raise them, as most fathers did. Not all of them were absent, like her own. Not in these lands, anyway.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:38 pm
Drakma listened appropriately, musing smiles and frowns at her initial flashbacks. He hadn't known who his own Father was either, and just as she had, he didn't seem to have turned out all that bad. Perhaps a little strange on occasion, but he definitely wasn't a bad lion by any means. As Sitiri brought her eyes to the sky, Drakma followed the sentiment, raising his own to the sky as well. It was a lovely scene above them, such a waste for those who could not look upon it all the time.

Drakma inhaled a deep breath, as he tried to stifle his childish smile. Replacing it instead with a very modest one, very appropriate for the current situation. "Perhaps we could help one another with such a wish?" He questioned lightly, timid to know exactly how she would respond. "I myself am blessed to never settle down with a mate of my own. I am instead blessed with being a surrogate to a lovely pair of ladies who live far away." Pausing for a moment, he tried to judge her reaction but she seemed unreadable.

"I'm a very big family man, I love my children and those who Bear me my children. I would be quite honored if you would allow me the pleasure of sharing a litter of cubs with you my dear."

Lithia_Brandon
So forward Drakma >w> What are you doing XD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:26 am
Depawsit

She looked at him, not following him at first. Her eyes widened a bit as she began to understand it, though, blinking. She was not sure what to think of it, at first, because it seemed strange. Outside of how these things were usually done. Sure, her own mother had not had a mate with her, but at some point she must have thought Sitiri's father would be it, right? Or had they just had some sort of agreement as well?

To be honest, Sitiri had never asked. It was a strange thing to not care about, she supposed.

And it was too late to ask her about it now, Sitiri was not sure if she would ever find her mother again.

"You want to have cubs with me? But you barely know me, and how do you know if you even like me, much less love me?" She asked the questions innocently, not in an accusatory way. She honestly wanted to know the answers, though they were largely rhetorical. "But I guess... it would be easier... you seem very nice and it would be the first step toward having a proper family..."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:25 pm
He could see the confusion tearing through her mind as it played across her face. He could understand where it was coming from though, one did not make such huge decisions lightly. He wouldn't expect her to simply agree without a moments thought.

"It would be my pleasure to assist you in having the family you dream of. As well as the family I dream of." He tried to smile through his worry at her response, he felt he succeeeded, though one could never be too sure. "I can tell already that I am quite fond of you. Though as for love? Well one does not have to love another to have a family together. So long as hatred is not present, is love really necessary?" He didn't mean to, yet he had inadvertantly thrown the question right back at her.a

"As I have said before, I am quite the gentleman, and I can assure you. Our cubs would have a proper life, a caring Mother and a doting Father. Of that I am most positive."

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:48 pm
Depawsit

Sitiri stared at him, then nodded her head after a moment. What did she know about the world? Maybe this was normal, maybe this was how families were made. Was this how hers had been made? Except the father had not stuck around long enough for her to remember him? Whatever her mother had done, it was not to her detriment: Sitiri felt she had come out to be a good young lion, and her brother was brave and strong and off on his own adventure.

Maybe this was a good way to start things. She smiled at him, feeling comforted by his words.

"I think I would be okay with that, if you think it would be a good idea. I want to be a mother, I want to have a family, and you're much nicer than some of the other lions I've met out here." Even the one that had saved her had not spent much time talking to her, and had gone off on his own way so she couldn't follow.

And that male leopard that had attacked her was a terrible example of the males out here in the rogue lands.

"I-if you want to have a family with me, I'd be... I'd be honored." She smiled sheepishly, small and cute, shy. She moved to him, nuzzling his fur very softly before scooting backwards and watching him nervously.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:49 pm
Drakma sat silently as he watched Sitiri's thoughts ran rampant. He wasn't sure what she was thinking, but she didn't seem to be keen on running away on him. He would take that as a good sign, at least for the moment he would. Nervously, he re positioned his paws multiple times as the two sat in silence. So it came as an immense relief when she finally spoke up again!

Relief played across Drakma's features as Sitiri's words finally sank in. "I can think of nothing better, than to give you something you desire. Especially something as precious as children." Drakma smiled his toothy grin at the female, and he purred happily as she came close and nuzzled him gently. He was a tad bit disappointed as she pulled away though, but when he saw that shy look on her face his disappointment dissolved quickly.

"It would be both of our honors then!" He exclaimed happily, dipping his head in respect to Sitiri before moving closer to nuzzle against her ear, all the while purring gently.

Lithia_Brandon
FIN?

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces