Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[PRP] I'm Nervous (Lomasi/Shikra x Teet/Tzarach)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lomasi was doing her best to not read into anything too much, but even silly Shikra noticed that Umoja had taken an interest in her. Right? There couldn't really be a way to deny it, but the shy lioness wasn't really sure what to think. She was nearly completely healed now. Her home had become the Aka'mleli, as there wasn't anywhere else to return to...and Shikra guaranteed that she wasn't leaving. Still, her stomach twisted into knots when she thought about it.

What would...everyone think if something happened?

Umoja was handsome. A little rough around the edges, it was clear to her eye that he was a little emotionally damaged too. Speaking with some of the other lions, she learned bits about an earthquake, his mate dying but their twins surviving. That must have been difficult...but Lomasi still wasn't certain.

"Ugh! I need someone to talk to," she finally said aloud. Shikra danced above her in the air, repeating some of Lomasi's works. "Talk! Talk! Green pair be best!" Shikra liked them, even if the bird was probably one of the more annoying avians in the entire pride.

"Teet....yes, that's a good idea, Shikra. Let's go find them." And with that, they were off!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:45 pm
User Image

Teet had found a ledge overlooking the valley as a whole. Rather, Tzarach had found it for her when she mentioned wanting to get away without going very far for a bit. Hard to believe they'd been here nearly a year. It was so strange...even the seasons were a bit different in the Aka'mleli's lands. Instead of dying of heat exhaustion, they were in a relatively sheltered valley. And where the lioness lay, overlooking said view, it was high enough to be brisk.

In the time since they'd arrived, the two had learned the pride and their ways. But Teet didn't feel much different inside.

"Did we make a mistake?" she asked quietly.

Tzarach was, for the most part, content to simply perch on his partner and occasionally point out sights to her. He knew that Teet was happy to listen to him with one ear. So it took him by surprise when she actually spoke, interrupting his stream of words.

Then, of course, he had to take a moment to figure out what she meant.

The bird snorted. "Of course not! How many other prides would see me as your partner, and not just an affectation? We've got to consider me too, you know!"

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:54 pm
It wasn't as easy to find them as Lomasi had hoped it would. In the end, she had to send Shikra off to find them, and the lioness didn't hold too much hope. They would probably hide from her...or just move to a different spot once they were located.

"Shikra, be nice!" Lomasi had said as she had sent off the bird. Shikra was learning more tact ways of dealing with things, since even she was realizing that not everyone liked her. As she fluttered on the thermals above, she noticed green! Green where...there may not normally be green. As she studied the spot, she indeed decided that that is where the 'green pair,' as her brain put it, was hanging out. With a zip, she flew back to Lomasi to alert her.

Of course...it was up high. Higher than Lomasi thought they'd be, but that was life. With a bit of work, she and her bonded made it towards where Teet was relaxing. Instead of just barging in, she started to call her name when she thought she was getting close.

"Teet! Teet? It's Lomasi!"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:03 pm
Teet had to smile at her old friend's indignation. The simple statement, without being followed by Tzarach's normal spew of words, meant more to her than anyone other than her partner could ever realize. She turned them over in her mind, and found herself forced to agree. Many prides were...special, when it came to the treatment of the smaller races. That even included leopards and cheetahs, for many of them. Aka'mleli was for lions, but at least here avians were seen as full people too.

She was considering teasing the green bird when an unexpected voice rang out nearby. The green lioness turned her head smoothly to get a look at the pair who'd interrupted her reflections.

"So I see," she replied with a smile. "Found us, did you?" Not that they'd been hiding...

Tzarach was busying himself preening his partner as she considered his words. He knew when to chatter and when to keep quiet. But he hadn't been expecting company all the way up here! The green bird was startled into flight by the sudden voice.

"Grakakah! Where did you come from!?" he asked the newcomers.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:13 pm
Shikra was thrilled to see Tzarach again, but it probably wan't the same the other way around. "Found you, I did! All green on a cliff!" The little bird flitted around above the three of them before settling on Lomasi's back.

The white and black lioness laughed. "I think she's learning to be sneaky. If she ever learned restraint, I think we'd all be in trouble." She nodded to the two of them separately, a bit thrilled to speak to this pair. They were so different from some of the other lions in the pride, and she appreciated their honesty. Especially Tzarach.

"I hope you two are well. I can say that I'm pretty much all better, even if it took a long time to heal." She must be a slow healer, or as much as Halili had said. A bit embarrassing, but it reminded her to be more careful from now on. "I couldn't find you two at first, so Shikra flew around to find you two! I'm glad she didn't get lost leading me up here, it must be easier to fly than climb up."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:18 pm
Tzarach "harumphed" and settled his feathers. He was less than pleased about being startled so badly he'd nearly yanked Teet's fur and fallen off his perch.

"Yes, well, green does show up well against grey," he admitted stiffly. "But you shouldn't sneak up on people like that!" the green bird cautioned.

"We can only hope," Teet replied drily to the other lioness. Personally, she found Shikra amusing, but that could be simply because she didn't see the other bird every day.

"I am glad to hear that you're feeling well enough to climb up here," the lioness replied, smiling at her friend. "But what brings you to seek us out?" She doubted Lomasi had come up here just to say hello.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:38 pm
"Not sneaking! Just...looking." Shirka wasn't sure exactly how to explain what she had done, and part of her didn't think Tzarach cared. Still, it was pretty fun to bother him! "Need to keep on your toes better, Tzarach!" She fluttered her wings, blissfully ignoring what the lions were talking about. If it was something important, Lomasi would tell her again later. Like three times, while she was sorting it all out in her mind.

"Well...honestly? I'm a little flustered about some things, and I always appreciate yours' and Tzarach's honesty. It may be a little rough at times, but I think that just makes me trust you two more." Lomasi smiled, though it was a bit of an embarrassed smile.

"I think...Umoja has taken a liking to me, and its making me nervous. Like...what should I even do?" Her tail curled between her back legs, resting around a leg. She wasn't really sure how to start the conversation, so she just dove right in.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:47 pm
Tzarach sniffed, unamused by by Shikra's explanation. She'd been sneaking and he was sure of it. Nevermind that his attention had been focused elsewhere at the time, it was still sneaking! Silly bird. Instead, he turned his attention to the lions' conversation.

Teet listened patiently as Lomasi strung the words together slowly, in order to bring what was troublign her to light. She hadn't expected this particular revelation. The Crown Prince, eh? Now that was something interesting.

However, there was probably a reason why not many people asked the green lioness' advice about their love lives.

"Seduce him," she answered shortly. It was the simplest solution that would force the issue soonest. Not that she felt Umoja was the type to hide from a lioness he truly cared for.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:08 pm
Lomasi just stared at Teet for a long moment. She felt herself heaten, embarrassed, but also a little surprised, overwhelmed, and...flattered?

"I....that wasn't what I was expecting," she finally said, bursting into nervous laughter. "I think you'd be the only one to tell me that." Her words had to escape between her laugh, and she then had to regain some sort of control over herself before she could say more.

Shikra shrilled with her bondmate's laughter. "Seduce! Shikra agrees. Does Tzarach?" she said, her eyes glinting amusement towards the grumpy avian.

"Wow...well. I suppose I could attempt, though I'm not sure how graceful I'd be," she said softly, her face still grinning widely.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:19 pm
Tzarach ignored the question and simply sighed. Trust Teet to be that blunt about it. He, for one, had no intention of contributing to the conversation of a group of females concerning sex. He was prudent that that portion of their lives should remain private, even from a partner.

The green lioness smiled at her friend, the expression shifting into something much more mischevious as she gave the matter more thought. Teet didn't honestly know which of them was older, and didn't much care. In this instance, she clearly had more experience, and Lomasi could benefit.

If she wanted to.

"Well, if it's technique you're looking for, I can certainly show you a few things guaranteed to...excite him," the green female offered, blue eyes glinting with mirth. She wasn't certain how to respond to being the only one to offer the white lioness practical advice, and so overlooked that comment.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:34 pm
Grumpy grumpy! Shikra just hopped around the green bird, chirruping softly as she moved. He was a curious fellow, and sometimes Shikra just wished she could read his little mind! She didn't much care about what the lions were discussing. To her, it was just trivial things that would lead to something greater in the end.

"A-ah um well....I'm not...so sure about that right now," Lomasi said, now clearly more embarrassed than she had been earlier. She felt her ears grow hot as she tried to shove away her unease, though it wasn't making anything better. Lomasi wouldn't quite consider herself green, but she wasn't terribly experienced. Especially not with royalty.

"Er, well, um, I guess if I get....in a bit deep maybe..." Lomasi was feeling a bit foolish, but who was she to turn down what may be helpful advice in the future?

"You're good at being so forward, Teet," Lomasi said with a cubbish giggle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:07 pm
Tzarach ignored Shikra with dignity. He had nothing worth saying to the other bird. And, knowing her, saying anything at all would encourage her further. He wasn't keeping silent to listen in to the conversation either, not at all. He respected Teet's privacy!

Well, as much as was possible when you were partners.

"Practice," the lioness replied succinctly. "But the offer will stand, if you change your mind in the future." She cocked her head to the side, considering what she knew of the situation and the lions involved.

"Keep in mind, I wouldn't suggest this if I thought Umoja was the type to "love 'em and leave 'em"," she cautioned Lomasi. "But he does seem like he might need you to make a move of sorts to encourage him."

Only Teet could deliver such a double entendre with a straight face.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:23 pm
Hmph. Once again, Shikra was shut down by Tzarach. How boring. She hopped back towards Lomasi. The lioness absentmindedly patted the bird as she crawled underneath the lioness, pouting a bit.

"Ah, okay," Lomasi laughed. "I think you're right...but it was interesting to see how much of an interest he took to my healing. I think that's what alerted me...and a couple others, too." She sighed, but it was a sigh of relief.

"I do agree, I should be the active one in the party...its just scary! He's the leader, and I'm just...well, was a stranger." She knew that things changed with only the passing of time and a bit of work. It just felt like a huge gamble right now.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:27 pm
Hmm...the other bird was in retreat. He'd count that a victory. For now. Tzarach nested in Teet's fur as he listened to the ongoing conversation.

The green lioness rolled her shoulders in a shrug. "You've been here longer than I," she pointed out inescapably. "You may not be a sibling or someone born into this pride, but I doubt you're considered a stranger still."

Teet rose to her feet. "You asked my advice, and I've given it. Is there anything else?" she asked, though her tone said "I hope not" quite clearly.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:45 pm
"No, nothing else," she replied. "Thank you for your advice, Teet, it means a lot to me." She stepped to the side, clearly making an easy path for Teet to leave. Lomasi felt that she still need to sit and think about things a bit more, but she didn't want to pin down Teet forever.

Shikra peeked between her lion's forelegs, eyeing the green pair with renewed curiosity. Leaving again...probably to go find a new hiding spot! Shikra had taken a one-sided liking to the pair, and would probably spend her free time just seeing if she could spot them again...like hide and seek!

Lomasi looked down to see the glint on Shikra's eyes. With a soft pat, she disrupted the birds attention away from the pair. "No, Shikra. I think we'll actually find ourselves a good spot to relax right now, instead of lingering longer." She suddenly wanted a drink of water, and they'd have to walk a bit to get it.

With a short, polite bow to Teet and Tzarach, she turned to leave, Shikra quickly hopping into the air to follow Lomasi.  
[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games