Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jinan was nearly attached to her mate's side as they waited. They knew that there were in a pack's lands, and as such did not cross very far into the border. Mere feet, really. The two of them could tell by scent that they would be outnumbered quickly. Still, weary paws and exhausted morals kept them where they were. The rogue lands were never kind, but the pair were past their vital prime, and neither one wanted to tempt fate without the protection of a pack. Give some, gain some.

"Do you think we should step back?" Jinan asked carefully as she looked around at the dimming light. The sun was setting to the west, and hints of stars were poking out in the east.

"No, we should be fine here," the dark male answered. "We can plead a touch of ignorance, as we are so close to the border. We aren't invading, silly Jinan."

The female was still worried, but she kept herself close to Juangozi. Their future was awaiting them, she just hoped it wasn't with teeth barred.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:54 pm
User ImageUser Image

While the Colossus of the pack were the ones to watch out for trouble along the pack's borders, on occasion the Baraza, as well as other ranks, had to step up to help fill the gaps. Tonight was one of those nights. One of the usual patrols was down several dogs as a squabble with a rather aggressive elephant had left them injured. Luckily none of their were so seriously injured that they would die. Tonight they were walking near the northern river that protected their home.

With Alnilam leading the way and Nungal trailing slightly behind, the two made the first rounds.

"Keep up, Howler. We have a long walk ahead of us."

"Ah! Yes, Baraza Alnilam!"

The starry-pelted canine turned her head back quickly. "And keep your voice down. If there are any intruders, do you want them to hear you first?" She questioned, scolding the younger and less experienced member of her pack. With a sigh, Alnilam turned her attention back around, not even bothering to wait for a reply. "Whatever, come on." Why on earth had she decided it was a good idea to bring her along? It would have been easier without her, but at least the younger dog would get some experience. Maybe.

While others would have shied away from Alnilam's request for a second dog to patrol with her, Nungal's admiration for the starry Baraza had her volunteering without really thinking too much. Even as she was snapped at for her voice's volume, her admiration only grew further. She gave a nod to Alnilam's question, but by that time she had already turned back around.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:08 pm
Jinan's ears swiveled as she thought she heard a voice. Something that didn't seem normal to the rogue lands, at least. "Juan-"

"I heard it. Patience, love." The male grumbled a bit, debating on calling out to whatever sound he had heard. He felt like it might have been someone from the pack. Surely someone would notice them, even if they were barely within the border of the pack. It was impossible to accidentally cross over with the range of scents he picked up. He knew Jinan did too, and that was why she was so nervous. "If it gets ugly, I'll need you to run, but I doubt you would."

Jinan nearly laughed, regardless of how nervous she felt. "Like I'd leave you to fight alone. If they turn out to be hostile, the two of us can break loose." Her tail twitched, feeling more confident than she had earlier.

Juangozi, upon seeing his mate's confidence, barked aloud his presence to anyone that was nearby.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:18 pm
Nungal stopped suddenly, her ears swiveled to the side, followed swiftly by her head turning as well. All intent was towards a sound that shouldn't be in this area. They were the only team that had been assigned to patrol this area. Her attention slowly turned to the higher ranking canine in front of her. "Baraza, I think I heard something..."

Alnilam was already looking in the same direction by the time the Howler had even said anything. "I know. I heard it too." Her stern gaze snapped as she turned to look at Nungal. "You're young and in-experienced in a fight. From this distance, I'm not sure if it's friend or foe. If it's foe, run back to High Moon Point and retrieve the other Baraza." Of course she hated the idea of being saved by Alnitak, but she would know what to do. More-so then the greenhorn currently with her.

The steel gray canine nodded solemnly. "Yes ma'am."

"Good, now follow me." She replied as the two altered their path to head towards the bark. In a reply to it, Alnilam returned the bark with one of her own.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:30 pm
There was a great pause, and in that the two rogue wild dogs grew nervous.

"I am not sure if that was the right thing to do," Jinan said with a bit of doubt. "I hope we didn't just alert everyone to come kill us."

Juangozi was a little nervous, but he laughed off some of Jinan's harsh words. "We will be fine. Here, come sit next to me. Let us look as inconspicuous and non-hostile as possible. We are not here to fight. We are here to learn, and hopefully find a home."

Jinan sat down, a little grunt escaping her throat as her rump hit the ground. Though her tail was still, she let herself lean on her dark mate. This waiting was killing her, but it was also pushing her mind to limits she had not quite let it go before. Home. Her mother. The passage of time between it all. The desire to have a home again grew stronger, just as her anxiety grew on the waiting.

No longer she could wait, and so she herself barked. It was softer and more feminine than her mate's, but it was a call of hope.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:41 pm
The two picked up their pace, making it more of a jogging one and both Alnilam and Nungal continued in the direction of the bark, and then of the second bark as well. It seemed like forever to both of them, but in reality on a few minutes had even passed. There in the distance were two figures came into view, both wild dogs by the look of it and they were just sitting within the pack lands. Alnilam and Nungal both came to a halt, staying a good distance from the two as to not appear threatening, but close enough that neither had to yell to be heard.

Nungal, the younger of the two, stayed behind her Baraza and slightly off to the side, but it was obvious that she was definitely curious about the two as her face just lit up with the biggest smile. No one could really blame her though. She was the last canine to even join the pack, so the possibility of new members was exciting. Red eyes quickly looked between the starry pelt of one of her leaders and the other two that sat not too far from them now, waiting for someone to say something.

Of course Alnilam wasted no time to initiating a conversation. Strangers were rare in her lands and she wanted to know who and why they were there. "I am Alnilam, one of the Baraza, or council of three since you are not of our pack. You are in the Nyota-Wasomaji's land and have made yourself known. Due to the fact you were sitting, instead of fleeing when I arriaved as some would do, I assume you either want to join our pack or would like safe passage through. Am I correct in my assumption?"

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

[IC] Nyota-Wasomaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas