[JRP] This Guard Duty Thing [Ke'ala n Shou x Albus n Haja]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:10 pm
Guarding was what Ke'ala was usually supposed to do, and for the most part she did, but every once in a while she and Shou got a little distracted. Shou was soaring high over head while Ke'ala raced his shadow on the boarder of the pride. Everyonce in a while the lioness would pounce the shadow only to lose it again. This had gone on for at least an hour. The two going in circles, zigzags and just straight lines playing together. It had been weeks since the two had spotted an outsider close to their territory.

Good thing none of the prides members were around to see this disgraceful behavior. But hey, usually Ke'ala was on task. Usually.

But this game took a lot of energy and already going on an hour the lioness was losing her momentum to continue. She slowed down and took a seat. Her breath quick and excited from all the running she had just done. Shou dove down and perched happily on her head making a pleased whistle sound before he snuggled up to the lionesses ear.

"Did you see anything over head Shou?" The lioness managed after she had time to catch her breath.

"No." He chirped. In all honesty the bird had not been focusing on his task as much as he had been on the game. Neither of them had been paying attention for a great deal of time. Play time had been their full priority.

Ke'ala collapsed to her side sending Shou fluttering up to a branch before the lioness hit the ground. She laid there and closed her eyes for a moment.

"Thats good my friend. Thats good."  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:34 am
User ImageUser Image

"This is the way to your home, right Haja?" Albus asked faintly, following the female bird from just behind her. She was flying low, just so she would be able to talk to him between swoops. When he asked his question, she smiled and gave a nod.

"yes," she replied merrily, "my home is not far from here! We should be there very soon. I think you're really going to like it there, Albus, it's a really lovely home."

"I think I would take any home over living in the rogue lands," Albus replied lightly, smiling at the thought, "but it's nice to know that it's a nice place, too. I'm a little nervous about who I'm going to meet there, you know?" He sighed and followed her over the borders of the pride, though he wasn't really aware that they had entered the pride lands while they were talking about it. It was only when he saw a lioness lying on the ground that he realized they may have reached their destination. But what kind of place had she brought him to?! "I-is that lioness unconscious?! What happened?! Haja, I thought you said this place was peaceful!" He bounced over to the lioness, startled, and looked down at her.

"Are you okay ma'am?!" He asked, under the impression that she may have been injured to be lying on her side like that. Haja fluttered over as well, perching on Albus' head to look down and investigate what was going on.

"she doesn't look injured to me!" Haja huffed, "you're jumping to conclusions you silly beast!" She pecked him on the head for frightening her.
Alpaca Chobi

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:40 pm
Cajanic

Voices. That should have been Ke'ala's tip off that maybe she should be sitting up and be a bit more alert. It wasn't til the two came closer that the lioness sat up in a jolt. Her eyes were wide and a little confused staring at the two.

"INTRUDERS!" Was what first escaped her maw in a bleed of half awakeness and confusion. Shou swooped down on the females head and puffed up his feathers in an attempt to look more scary. The lioness blinked. It took her a moment to realize that intruder was a bit harsh. She shook her head.

"I am sorry I didn't mean to shout." Luckily it didnt seem any of the other guard were around her post, "Is there something I can help you two with?"

Shou, mean while, unpuffed his feathers. He tilted his head to the side keeping a suspicious eye on the two. Ke'ala was known to be on the trusting side and give a bit of the benefit of a doubt to those that seemed nice. No trouble had ever come from it but as a guard she probably should have been a little more aggressive. That was just Shou's opinion on his lioness though.  
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:15 pm
Albus took a few steps back, plopping down in an unexpected sit as he looked at the female and her friend with wide eyes. At first, he thought he had made the wrong choice coming to the pride. But she seemed to calm rather quickly, and he let out a sigh. Good- so at least he wasn’t going to get chased off within five minutes of being there. That was a good start, wasn’t it?

“I brought Albus here because he wanted a home and I thought this place would be perfect for him! My name is Haja- I’m not an intruder, I promise!” She felt like she was going to peck them, too, just because they thought she didn’t live there! Did all birds look the same to them?! She huffed and looked down at Albus. “Well? Don’t just sit there- say hello!”

“Oh! Uh, yes, we don’t mean any harm! I just… well, I was just looking for a nice pride to settle down into, you know?” He smiled lightly, though he was still feeling a little awkward being there in front of someone who was clearly supposed to be a guard or something. But why had she been lying down? It still concerned him.

“Are you alright?” He asked softly, “you were lying down…”
Alpaca Chobi

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:32 pm
Cajanic

The lioness gave them both a pretty embarrassed smile and dip of her head in apology. Shou mirrored his partners movements with a dip of his own head still some how keeping his head sideways all he while.

"Well hello Albus~" Ke'ala gave the light lion a silly smile, "So you're a recruit? Thats great!" Ke'ala hopped up on to all fours and proceeded in to a playful bow. Much like you'd see a puppy do. Ke'ala was not a puppy. "Sorry about earlier. We don't usually have many enter through my post. I was uhh.."

He thought she was hurt? Ke'alas silly smile widened.

"Oh no! I wasn't ... ermm .. hurt..." Ke'ala shook her head.

"She was slacking~" Shou chirped proud of him self. That was until he realized what it was exactly he had just said. The lioness shook her head causing Shou to have to find a perch else where.

"Nooo.. No.. I was ... Uh..." Ke'ala looked to the sky.

"She was taking grains of dirt inventory~" Shou chirped.

"YEAH! .. I mean yeah." Ke'ala thought that sounded respectful as a job. Grains of dirt could take days to count after all. Little did she know Shou was being a smart a**.  
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:31 am
Albus laughed. They were quite funny together- was this how everyone in the pride acted with their bonded? He had only just met Haja, but somehow he felt like he was already very good friends with her. Still, looking at them, it seemed like he wasn't anywhere near as close to his bonded. In time, he hoped he would be able to understand his bird friend as well as the two in front of him seemed to understand one another.

"Well, counting dirt or slacking off, I think both are fine," he mused lightly, smiling, "since I'm from the rogue lands, I'm not really someone who's used to having to fill a day with purposeful tasks anyway." He looked at Ke'ala, grinning,

'Maybe you'll be able to teach me how to balance having responsibilities here and how to still have some fun! What's your name?" He asked lightly, trying not to be rude. He just felt awkward when someone knew his name and he didn't know theirs in return. Like he wasn't being on the ball about introductions.

Haja flapped her feathers, feeling very happy. "I brought us a good lion, didn't I?" She hummed brightly, "he's not a big guy, but he's quick and pretty good at taking down animals when he isn't injured!"
Alpaca Chobi

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:41 pm
Cajanic

Ke'ala was quite happy to hear that this lion didn't mind if she had been slacking. A big sigh of relief escaped her.

"For a moment there I -swore- I was in trouble. This one heres got a big beak," She gestured up to the green bird perched upon her head. He merely squawked in embarrassment. It was true. Shou knew this, specially after he'd just messed up.

"OH! Wheres my mind," Ke'ala would have smacked her forehead if she had hands just then, "I'm -"

"Her names Ke'ala and I'm Shou~ Pleasure~" The bird knew he was being a brat cutting off the lioness before she'd had a chance to finish. But teasing was how he showed how much he loved some one. Shou loved Ke'ala a lot.

"Yes! You have great taste in lions!" It seemed Ke'ala didn't mind Shou stealing her lines. "Where did you find him.. INJURED?" A little late reacion on Ke'alas part.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:42 pm
Albus laughed faintly, though he was a little embarrassed that Haja had brought it up- it wasn’t like he liked talking about when he was in a bad way. It was a bad thing for any animal to have to admit to- that he had been in need of help and had no where to go. “Well, I was attacked by a rather mean lion in the rogue lands, I don’t even know what for, really,” the male explained, looking down a the ground, “he really mucked up my paw, and because of that I wasn’t able to hunt anything.” He raised his paw, which still had a healing gash or two over the skin, the fur ripped away so it was all the more clear and gross.

“It got to the point where he was too weak to keep walking,” Haja continued, humming lightly, “He was about to kick the bucket when a lion and a lioness helped him out for a while. I found them while they were caring for him! I said I would look after him so they could go on their way.”

“Yes, Haja is my hero,” teased Albus lightly, “I regained my strength and my paw is getting better now, too, so Haja suggested I come here. She didn’t think… well, she didn’t think I was suited for the rogue life.”

He chuckled and shook his head. “What do you think? I guess I don’t make much of a warrior, now do I?”
Alpaca Chobi

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:48 am
Cajanic

Hearing of how Albus was found just made Ke'ala all that more interested in his well being. Maybe it was the mothering nature in her bursting forth but the female was not about to leave this male hanging out here alone.

"OF COURSE YOU SHOULD STAY IN OUR PRIDE!" When I said burst I meant more of just shout really really loud. And that was what Ke'ala did. Shout really really loud about how much Albus should really stay with them. Shou at this point had taken to the skies from such a loud acceptance on Ke'alas part.

"You really really should work on that volume control," He cawed. Ultimately he was ignored because Ke'ala was infatuated with this rogues tale of being saved. She wanted to do all in her power to help him out.

"Well come on and follow me. We should probably talk to some one higher up and get it all official." The lioness turned her back on the lion and bird and gestured them to follow her. Shou gracelessly landed on the females head and began grooming her fur out of habit.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:10 pm
Albus laughed. “Wow! That’s volume,” he chuckled. .With a reply like that, there really wasn’t any room for him to turn tail and return to the rogue lands. Not that he really wanted to, anyway. He liked this place- the lions were friendly. And he was interested in seeing more from his new friends. Suddenly, he had a few!

Haja seemed happy, too, sitting happily on his head as she watched them start to move to find someone who could make the whole thing official. She liked the idea of having a lion to hang out with. Sometime she had felt like the odd bird out, not having anyone to be bonded with in the pride. Thank goodness she had found a good one!

She would make sure he was happy.

“Lead the way,” Albus hummed with a nod, following the lioness’ lead further into the pride. Or, rather, into his new home.

Alpaca Chobi

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out