Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]
[PRP] Playful Birds (Dohi x Ta'la'la x U'no'le)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dohi had finished her training for the day early for once. Her father seemed content that she was beginning to understand the role of alu'nadi, and they both had agreed that experience would be her best teacher at this point. That meant getting to know all of the bird clan members well.

The dark lioness stood out in the open, watching her fellow clan members busily working around her. Some were prepping for hunts, others were divvying up meals to those who couldn't hunt. Some were working on trinkets for the growing youngesters, and some were even just napping!

So...where was Dohi to begin? She wasn't sure who she should start talking to, but it seemed best to look for a family outside of her own. Just...which family? It was hard to believe that the bird clan was almost wiped out in her grandfather's time; there were so many families to choose from! Maybe one of them would just decide for her, and get her attention...  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:56 pm
Safaia

User Image

It was far from abnormal for the Kanesda kids. Once again their mother had told them to stay close, and sure enough one of them had listened. At least, until certain little brother and his little avian bond had gone off again. Quickly speaking with Linaeve, her father’s genet bond, Ta’la’la sprang after the trouble twos. She groaned inwardly, racing after her brother, who was quickly dodging in between other members of the pride.

“U’no’le! Wait…just a…oh, sorry!” she apologized after almost tripping on one of the napping lions.

I’m gonna kill him. she growled mentally, still chasing her brother.

User Image

U’no’le was having a ball. He heard his sister yelling to stop and to head home but he didn’t listen. She was a sister after all anyways. Enzi and him would make it home before supper anyways, they always had. Mother and father were never that mad at them for running off anyways. He and his bird always made up excuses to get them away from the ever-scolding looks of their mothers.

“Nope,” he chimed, chuckling as Enzi swooped down. They were youngsters, enjoying the sense of play before their real duties of providing for the pride had to kick in. Even though Ta’la’la thought herself grown up, U’no’le still embraced his childhood.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:40 pm
Well, a situation had certainly come around to get her attention! She watched as two similarly-yellow lions rushed between some of the older pride members, the poor girl nearly tripping over a dozing one. Part of her was finding the scene hilarious, but another part of her wanted them to at least slow down. Hopefully they wouldn't run into any of the cubs that may be wiggling around somewhere.

She trotted off after then, her mind trying to remember their names. It wasn't coming to her, so instead she continued to follow. "Hey, slow down there you...three!" She realized that the bird was with them too, and birds were just as responsible as the lions were in keeping things in order around here! It was the bird clan, after all.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:06 pm
Her ears flickered backwards as she seemed to catch the attention of the adolescent. Oh, now they were in trouble! “U’NO’LE STOP NOW.” She all but shouted, skidding to a stop as the darker lioness followed. Wasn’t she…the wanidatsi’s daughter?

When she spotted her brother finally slowing to a stop, the young juvenile bounded to her brother, giving him a thwap to his head. “Do you know who that is?” she hissed into his ear, blue eyes gazing back to the other. Although she should know the name, she didn’t.

“Uhm…hi! Sorry we were just…I mean I was just…” trying to stop Uno from getting in trouble again? Oh it was always the same excuses for her.

The only reason the male had stopped was Enzi speaking about being followed by another lioness. She was darker in color, matching a brown that could likely be found on their father.

“Ow,” U’no’le growled, a paw reaching to his head. “What? It’s just some other pride member! What’s the big deal,” he said none too quietly. “Next time I’ll beat you Enzi; when I don’t have the sister ruining my concentration.” The lion stated, glancing from avian (who snorted, “pft, yeah right”) to newcomer.

While Ta’la’la was stuttering over words, U’no’le rolled his eyes. “We,” motioning towards Enzi and himself, “were just having a little race.” He didn’t particularly know what his sister was doing. "If we slowed down it wouldn't be much of a race..."

Safaia

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:39 pm
Hm. Well, the female was trying to make up for the lack of responsibleness that her brother had. Part of her couldn't help but understand, since at times she wondered if her own brothers preferred to ignore their responsibility.

"Racing isn't a bad thing," she said carefully, trying to weigh her words before she spoke them. This was a lot tougher than she thought it would be, trying to make up her opinion on them so quickly. "Just...be more careful of where you do it. I'm sure no one would mind if you raced along the outside of the temporary settlement," she said with a giggle. "It was hard to miss two bright yellow streaks running past, with a blue bird leading the way."

"I hate to say this, but I don't remember your names," she said a little shamefully. "I'm Nvwadohiyadv Kanati, but Dohi is a much easier name to call me by."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:52 pm
Safaia

She had such a long name, that Ta’la’la was glad that she had offered a much easier name to go by. She wasn’t embarrassed or upset that Dohi hadn’t remembered their names. The clan seemed to be growing, so knowing names of everyone was a difficult task for an adult, let alone an adolescent.

“I’m Ta’la’la Kanesda,” the juvenile politely introduced. Her own family was decently sized, have four children along with their rogue-born parents. Her blue eyes turning to her brother who seemed to be more or less ignoring the girls. Typical boy.

“Hmm?” His ears perked. “Here that Enzi, a new place to run!” he smirked hearing Ta’la’la groan in the background. His avian bond nodded quickly in agreement, his own attention turned towards Dohi. He hopped onto U’no’le’s back, walking up the growing orange mane to settle right on his head.

“Enzi~” the blue avian chirped, talons giving the boy a gentle reminder to introduce himself too.

“U’no’le,” since Ta’la’la had already spoke of their last name, he figured Dohi would understand the relations. How could you not put two and two together for their similar marked pelts and tattoos.

“I betcha I could beat you in a race one day!” he then challenged the female.

Ta’la’la tried not to roll her eyes, but it happened. “We definitely will be more careful next time.” She smirked at his challenge though

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:40 pm
"Ta'la'la," Dohi said with a warm smile and a nod to the sweet juvenile. "Enzi, and U'no'le. Well!" She laughed, feeling more relaxed and a little bit in control of the situation, even if it was just to slow them down enough to steer them toa safer place to run.

"I bet you could outrace me too, if you two are practicing so much. Still, as long as you're doing it out of the way of the other clan members, I don't see why not." She knew it would be impossible to control a headstrong boy, so why not try to at least guide him to a better way to do what he wanted?

"Do you want to be the fastest lion in all of the Ela'wadiyi? That sounds like quite a feat if you ask me." She glanced towards Ta'la'la with an apologetic and understanding look. The little female had her paws full.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:28 pm
Safaia
Hey Saf! I found this old rp that looks like it almost makes the post count. Do you think we can get one more post in to wrap it up? : )

“Yes’m” U’no’le couldn’t help but say with a sullen expression. He partially felt as if he was being reprimanded, but soon the attitude changed.

“That would be amazing” U’no’le gasped, excited. He paused, glancing over at his bird. “I’ll be the fastest lion, and you’ll be the fastest bird. We will make the best pair!” The blue avian companion silently agreed by bobbing his head.

Ta’la’la just shook her head. At least Dohi had a short understanding of what she was going through. She sighed, listening to U’no’le speak. “You’ll have to practice every day then U’no. And…in an area with less obstacles…and where mom and dad know where you are.” She continued, looking crossed at her brother.

“Dohi, do you know where a good place to run would be then?” As the clan moved, it would be difficult to find a good place to roam every time. Maybe the alu’nadi knew of a place.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:49 pm
"Oh, yes. There's a good place not to far off to the east. Still well within sight of the clan, so you couldn't get into too much trouble..." She didn't know if she was encouraging anything that their parents wouldn't like, but she also didn't think there was any harm in just running. Especially with a beautiful day such as this.

"Its really not too far, I am sure you can let your feet fly free. And umm...." she paused for a moment, glancing around. "And I'll cover for you, just in case anyone is looking for you two." It was the least she could do, and at least all three of them would get what they wanted.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:20 pm
Safaia
FIN

U'no'le's ears perked as Dohi mentioned she could cover for them. He then turned his gaze to Ta'la'la, giving her a pleading look. It was obvious what the male wanted to do, and was likely to do without without his sister going with him. He had Enzi after all, and the avian could watch him.

It was likely a receipt for disaster, but Ta'la'la knew this. So she nodded, only after Dohi had spoken. "I guess we can agree to that. We won't be out too long," the yellow lioness stated, which caused her brother to whoop in joy. He didn't even wait for anymore response as he raced off in the direction Dohi had said.

"I swear, little brothers." Ta'la'la shook her head, a small hint of amusement in her tone as she watched the male flee. "Thanks Dohi!" And with a small nod goodbye, Ta'la'la headed after her brother, shouting SLOW DOWN along the way.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces