[PRP] Laughter in the mists [Faun'Lómë x Ernil Dúlin]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:22 pm
Faun had been born with a litter of brothers so growing up in the mists had never been lonely nor boring. Not only that but it seemed the watchful eyes of the prides members made growing up in the misties which made things even less lonely but almost invasive. Faun'Lome and his brothers were sons to Maji and the first born litter to the newly reunited pride which meant they were to be extra careful.

That didn't stop Faun'Lome from wandering off every once in a while. A cub his size and age wouldn't be able to go far from the watchful eyes of the pride members but he was able to every once in a while find a solitude in a fort naturally made of leaves and rocks. Hiding in the flora by his home den was one of his favorite past times. He thought he was smart for finding such secret places but the pride always knew what he was doing and where he was going. But Faun didn't know that. He thought he was quite clever.

The afternoon was starting to thin in to night. Soon he'd be called back to the den with his brothers. Fauns body flattened closer to the ground and his eyes peeked out of a little opening of one of his hiding places. He was clever. A very clever boy. At least he told him self that. He watched other pride members. Little did he know they were also watching him.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:39 pm
Ernil was aware of the watchful eyes but became more accepting of it after the first few spats. It was odd always having eyes on his back, always having a large pair of paws in his tracks, and always coming home to a gentle inspection of his well being. However, there was some comfort in it as well. He was curious and sadly, that often left him with a stubbed toe, a bump on his head, or a scraped leg. Every time, someone would come to his rescue and fix the little hurt as best they could.

He wasn't a brave cub by any means. Curious, but afraid. Shadows scared him and often times, the dark depths of the caves conjured up images of monsters. Shapeless things with hungry mouths ready to gobble up cubs. Ernil was often found in the shadow of one on his more bold brothers. However, most of them had returned to the cave. Of course- this was done without his knowledge.

One moment, there were others around him! The next- he was alone. What's worse was that the shadows were slowly growing longer, creeping like snakes along the ground. When the moon rose- so would the mists...what if something got him!?

Panting, he huddled in close to the ground and looked around. Someone saw him...right?

Alpaca Chobi

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:44 pm
Thalion

A figure had gotten close to his hiding spot which had blocked the young cubs sight of the rest of the pride. Faun's ears flattened to his head in mild annoyance at the figure. Judging by the shape it had to be one of his brothers. But which, he did not know. Unbiasedly the cub flicked a paw out and gently/clawlessly swiped at the figures tail in a playful manner of getting the other to move.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:30 pm
Ernil nearly jumped out of his skin. The cub squealed and leapt into the air, his claws shooting out of his paws and the fur along his back standing up on end. When he landed, he was tensed up, paws spread, and ears flat against the back of his skull. There were monsters in the mists! He knew it! Maybe it ate the adults...maybe he was next! Maybe-

He caught sight of a small, pale paw feeling around ahead of him. Relief melted the cub and flattened him to the ground. He let out a long breath.
Alpaca Chobi

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:38 pm
Thalion

Ernils reaction made Faun freeze completely. Based mostly on the reaction the cub could almost deduce that it was indeed his brother Ernil. Well maybe he should have whispered instead of tapping. The cub chewed his bottom lip a bit and waited for the other to calm before leaving his secure hiding spot.

"Ernil its just me. See?" He slowly approached his brother keeping his head down and trying not to let the growing smile on his muzzle show to much. He was amused by the scared reaction but he didn't want Ernil to know that and hurt his brothers feelings.

"I'm sorry." He put a paw on his brothers shoulder. "I'll... uh.. whistle next time so you know to move." The game was over now though. Faun had revealed him self and his hiding spot.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:50 pm
The cub swallowed a lump in his throat. Now that the terror was over, his emotions spilled over into the very young, very insecure, very irrational desire to cry. Not wanting to in front of his more bold brother, the cub turned his head and pawed at his face. "I... okay." He managed, his voice cracking a little.

Angry by his lack of control, Ernil took a shuddering breath and glanced over to his brother. "Why were you hiding? Is there a monster?" He hoped there wasn't...that means they'd have to go see if the others were okay. If they weren't....gods he couldn't think that way.

Alpaca Chobi

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:56 pm
Thalion

Fauns ears flattened a little more. He felt bad that his brother seemed to still be shaken. A small part of him wanted to paw at his own face for being such an idiot for startling his brother. Faun felt like he should have known. The cub took a sigh of breath with his half smile still resting on his maw.

"Monster?" His amused smile grew. "Well..." For a short moment he thought about telling Ernil that there was indeed a monster but after the scare he'd just given his poor brother the cub thought better of not indulging his brothers fear.

"No of course not. I just wanted to get some alone time I suppose. Practice my skills of being a misty. Disappear and uhhhhh.... Say why would you think there was a monster?" He leaned in to his brother expectantly.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:27 pm
"Oh...", He lowered his ears and wiped at his maw. His emotions settled just as quickly as they'd been spiked and the cub was able to speak calmly once more. Some of the fur on his back remained standing but he was able to calm himself down a little more with a few slow breaths. "That's really important too... Dad said so. If the outsiders come- we hide in the mist..."

His ears rolled forward and he frowned. "Well...", He bobbed his shoulders. "I don't know... I can't see all the way in...something scary could be there. Something really bad..."

He looked back to his brother. "I'm being silly, aren't I?"

Alpaca Chobi

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:33 pm
Thalion

Faun patiently listened to his brother. Every once in a while he gave a little nod of his head to let Ernil know he was indeed listening and not spacing out.

"Of course you aren't," There could be danger in the mists at any time so being a little cautious wasn't a bad thing. "You just gotta look for the actual signs I suppose. And ... uhhh.. relax. " He poked his brother in the back with his paw, " I mean if you're worrying that there is something in the mists all the time you're not gonna know what the actual signs are that there is something in the mists." Though if you were to ask Faun what the signs were that something was in the mists the cub wouldn't be able to answer. He was mostly just trying to calm his brother down.

"Say why don't you practice hiding?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:48 pm
The cub smiled a little sheepishly and rubbed at his forelimb with an over-sized paw. He did need to relax a little more, but he was one of the smaller cubs in his litter, the second youngest in the bunch. He also had an obsession with stories. When the magi began recounting the history and stories between the old pride of their father's time and the pride from the sea, Ernil was often the first to gather at their paws and listen. When Talagand would sing, he was often right there, begging for another song as the prior came to an end.

"Hiding? Yeah...yeah that's a good idea!" He glanced back to their den then back to his brother. "It'll be dark soon..."

Alpaca Chobi

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:52 pm
Thalion

It was true that soon dark would be here. Usually they were to be in the dens before it was too dark. Faun groaned. He wasn't ready to head back inside just yet.

"I suppose we should probably head inside then," His tone was flat and the amused smile that once was had disappeared entirely. But a spark suddenly shone in the young cubs eye. A playful idea danced in his thoughts. Faun opened his maw to cry out.

"Last one there is a rotten red pelt!" Before he darted toward the den playfully giggling. He'd unfairly given his brother no warning as a manner to playfully tease him some.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:00 pm
"Yeah...dad will get worried. He gets really quiet when he gets really worried." The boy's ears drooped and he made a small circle in the dirt. Their father always seemed distant. He kept his cubs very close at night and would sometimes wake when none of them thought he was watching. The moonlight would catch his eyes and the slight glaze in them as he counted each little head several times over. Eventually, he would settle and sleep again. He'd noticed...but he'd not told anyone.

His thoughts were disrupted as his brother broke away from him and started to run. Whimpering, Ernil got to his paws and stumbled about for a few steps. "Hey! Hey that wasn't fair!" His maw broke into a smile as his gait evened out and he started after his brother. "Cheaters have rotten pelts!"

Alpaca Chobi

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

[IC] Ukungu Mfumaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas