Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:58 pm
[Kegan]
DiglidiDudeNG
I'm not. Got bored of City Folks in a month.
Are you sure you didn't just read or watch a review by someone who got bored of it in 1 month?
lmao  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:10 pm
[Kegan]
To be fair, translating a game like animal crossing was a lot harder back in the day, like in the gamecube version they actually did change a lot of holidays, just to make it culturally relevant over here. I'm pretty sure those holidays have become standardized, though. Like when japan got e+ on the gamecube they got the international holidays in addition to theirs...

but then there are holidays like "bean day" which involve "oni" and I wonder if nintendo was actually wasting time trying to invent a new holiday to replace it

The korean version has it's own unique holidays too, like "teachers day" where you get Red carnations, which I guess you cannot get otherwise?

Oh here's an important implication of the holidays being different in different territories: If you visit the town of someone who is in a different territory during one of their exclusive holidays, you can get furniture from their holiday in your game. Pretty neat, huh?

But anyway, the game is done now, they're just printing and shipping copies and waiting for the pre-decided release day.

Which is just 3 weeks away now.

Uh, yes. That is really neat. AND I NEVER KNEW. Think of all the holiday furniture I could have obsessed over!!  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:29 am
I think that might be a new feature. In the other online games weren't all the holidays season oriented? They were probably the same holidays around the world.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:59 am
i am. (: i pre-ordered it. . . well the bf did. ^^ I love animal crossed, had it for the wii, till my brother decided to sell it to buy another game. T -T  

whipped creama

Timid Sweetheart

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas