Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
thinking of making a new guild

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a good idea?
  yea
  maybe..
  no
  IDGAF i just want the gold.
View Results

another fox guy

Shy Bachelor

11,075 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:27 pm
i kinda want to make a guild for a specific age range of furs (probably between 13 to 21) and was wondering if anyone though it would be a good idea, hoping for some input, especially people within that age range, also looking for people who (if i actually make the guild) would be willing to be a vice captain and crew.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:59 pm
But there's already this guild here without the pointless age limit? If you want to make it then go ahead but this guild's already here, you'd do better attracting more members to this.  

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:56 am
mr_tekk
i kinda want to make a guild for a specific age range of furs (probably between 13 to 21) and was wondering if anyone though it would be a good idea, hoping for some input, especially people within that age range, also looking for people who (if i actually make the guild) would be willing to be a vice captain and crew.

I know that such a guild already exists. It was created by one of our members a few years back.

I agree with Xennified though, why not just try to attract a more active audience here? One thing that this guild experienced when we first started out is everyone was excited to be part of a new guild, and it was very busy - but within a few months the membership started posting less, and then a few more months and it was mostly just the same users posting.

Throughout the years there have been resurgences of users posting more frequently, or we get a new influx of new users which post pretty often. But the cycles of gaia happen - and the posts die off.

At the end of the day though. It is entirely up to you, creating your own guild could be a fun project. But it is hard to make something successful.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:07 pm
I just need something to stay active in.  

Akira Ramage

Liberal Explorer

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:08 am
Akira Ramage

Always looking for people to be active here!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:35 am
00Shoe
Akira Ramage

im not sure how to be active here. Maybe we need some generic threads too?  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:00 am
We Are Organisms
00Shoe
Akira Ramage

I am always open for suggestions!

And of course, if anyone ever has anything to discuss - feel free to make your own threads.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:13 pm
00Shoe
We Are Organisms
00Shoe
Akira Ramage

I am always open for suggestions!

And of course, if anyone ever has anything to discuss - feel free to make your own threads.

Understood.  

Akira Ramage

Liberal Explorer

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:03 am
I considered making another guild(without an age restriction) awhile back but just decided to make a group on facebook.Let's face it,gaia simply just does not have the activity it used to say,4 years ago.  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:13 am
Dark_Dragon_Bagera
I considered making another guild(without an age restriction) awhile back but just decided to make a group on facebook.Let's face it,gaia simply just does not have the activity it used to say,4 years ago.
yea, i think gaia is really losing users and activity.. it was alt funner in the past than it is now.  

another fox guy

Shy Bachelor

11,075 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:47 pm
Yes gaia has really died off the last few years. Joining a facebook page would be good for social interaction - but facebook lacks the anonymity that gaia has.

Something about people knowing my real name, nah... I prefer to keep my furry life separate from my regular life.  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:55 pm
00Shoe
Yes gaia has really died off the last few years. Joining a facebook page would be good for social interaction - but facebook lacks the anonymity that gaia has.

Something about people knowing my real name, nah... I prefer to keep my furry life separate from my regular life.

yea.. only a few people know im a fur irl, its kinda cool though because alot of my schoolmates are furs who are "proud" to be furs, as in like drawings in the binder, wearing ears and tails, or at one time even christiana showed up in a suit, although i find that overdoing it a bit. but there are those who tease and "hate" or bash on furs as well. that is what i slightly fear, although i am not prone to avoiding fights its still something i keep in mind especially when im defending my own lifestyle. and btw my sir name is anthony tekk, thats all the name you get.  

another fox guy

Shy Bachelor

11,075 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:20 am
Most of the people I know on facebook don't use their real name,or have a "furry" account,in addition to a main account with their real name.It's not really allowed by facebook but most people do it anyway.I've had my pack going on facebook for a year now and haven't seen anyone really punished for having a furry display pic or having a name like "Wolfey Snowpaws" for example.  
HighTail Cafe

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games