Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[Plot] Severing the Bond (Melek and Diona)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:25 pm
User Image

Diona had traveled a quite a ways to get to Loka Nei forest. Even though she was used to walking around in her tall boots her legs were still feeling sore. When she had first started her journey she had marched forward with vigor and anger, but now she was just tired. The female had won the dancing competition by all accounts, and yet she had lost due to some unfinished business. Now, the fae was frustrated and fed up, so she headed to the present location of her mother-in-law's house. Diona sincerely hoped that Melek's mother wasn't home. She had never actually met the female, and today wasn't the best day to meet her for the first time. Today was the day she would hopefully sever the bond with her husband and free herself forever.

As she approached a house she gave a sigh of relief, her journey was finally over. Really, it was just beginning, they would still need to make their way back to Venus' temple. The house had a distinctive herbal scent to it that she could smell from just outside of it, she was fairly certain this was the right place. Diona went up to the door and knocked several good, hard times.

Teigra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:06 pm
User Image

"Now, you just drizzle the honey over the top...not too heavy, we're not trying to just glob it on there..."

The angel's giggle was cut short by the sharp knocking at her front door. "Oh my, guests. You finish up those scones, dear, and I'll be right back." Leaving Melek to put the final touches on the latest batch of baked goods, Takeko figured she'd have a few minutes to deal with her guest before Melek got bored and likely found a new use for honeycomb.

She dusted some flour from her hands, wiped off with a towel, and headed for the front door. "Yes? Who is it?" She opened the door, pausing to take in the beautiful, young, crimson Fae on the other side. With a smile, she opened the door wider and rested one hand on its edge. "Why, hello there, Miss. Is there something I can help you with? Perhaps you're in need of an herbal remedy or potion?" Admittedly, business hadn't been high lately, but those who had partaken of her services were always so grateful. At least Takeko was able to offer some service in exchange for the things she could no longer get from the HQ kitchens.

Wolfs Heart

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:02 pm
Diona's eyes were wandering has she tried to wait at the door as patiently as possible, she could hear a voice inside coming closer, but it was a female voice. The fae frowned, that was exactly what she didn't want. She just wanted to grab Melek and go, other people made her have to explain things. Diona faked a smile, it was a noticeably tired smile, when she saw a female who she could only assume was Melek's mother. Diona wondered if Melek had ever told his mother about her, she wasn't entirely sure if it was something he would share, the woman did have grandchildren. "Oh no, I don't need anything like that, I am here to see Melek, is he around?" Diona asked the other. Her voice was cordial, Diona may have been frustrated, but she wasn't about to take it out on someone who didn't deserve it.

Teigra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:42 pm
User Image

Melek? Wait, could this be...? The angel had opened her mouth to answer when a voice sounded from the kitchen--

"Mom? Are you sure about this? I don't think honey is supposed to--"

A familiar curly mop of blue hair emerged from the kitchen, silver halo hovering above. "Diona?" The angel seemed confused at first, looking between his mother and his wife. Err...well, this could get awkward quickly.

The scones in the kitchen forgotten, Melek rushed to intercept, rubbing his neck nervously. What was Diona doing here? He thought she'd been pretty plain about not wanting any more to do with him than necessary, let alone getting to know the rest of his family. He didn't entirely understand why, but he found after a while it was easier to just accept it and move on. Now that the kids were grown, he'd thought it best to just take his leave, head back to his mother's place. Even if she'd allowed him to stay with her and help with the kids, it was obvious that Diona hadn't wanted him there. It was as if she blamed him for their state, as if it were his fault somehow.

He still wasn't even exactly sure WHAT had happened a year ago.

"Diona...what are you doing here?" he burst out, unable to think of anything less blunt to say.

Understanding dawned in Takeko's golden eyes as the name passed her son's lips. So...this was her. She was certainly a pretty young woman; though she could make no other assumptions based on such a brief exchange. Instead, the angel bowed out of the conversation, stepping away to allow the two to talk. She wasn't one to eavesdrop, but...this was her house...and the temptation was great...

Wolfs Heart

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:27 pm
Diona waved at Melek awkwardly when he showed up, she felt slightly guilty for what she was about to do, breaking this boy's heart, especially with his mom present. Although it was highly unlikely to her that his feelings for her were any different from the ones she had for him. "Hi Melek." 'We need to talk' didn't seem like the right words to say. Diona was still standing in the doorway her eyes looking back and forth from Melek and the female who Melek confirmed to be his mother. She was silent for a while and breathed a sigh of relief when the other angel stepped away.

"Melek... we've been married for an awful long time now... and the kids are grown and have moved on... perhaps it is our turn to move on." The conversation started out soft, but her temper was only under control for so long. "Oh it was awful! I won the dance competition, and then I was disqualified for having baggage!" Diona rolled her head back dramatically. "It was so horrifyingly embarrassing!"

Teigra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:48 pm
"Yeah, hi." Awkward.

He let her start, though it took effort for the poor guy to focus on even more than a couple sentences before his mind started to wander. This was serious; stay focused. She wanted...to end it? Well, he wasn't surprised, not at all. They'd never even managed to pretend to be any sort of functional couple. But, apparently, she expected him to fight her on it. Maybe he would have once. Early on, when the kids were young. But now? The kids were grown, and a little time away, however short, along with a talk with his mother, well...he was more open to her wishes.

He started to respond, but she suddenly raised her voice, going on...something about a dance competition?...there were competitions? Did she enter herself? Or with someone? And what kinds of dances...?

Focus, Melek!

Physically forcing his gaze to lock on her, even if he was struggling with his mind, he waited until she finished her tirade before speaking. "Err...I'm sorry?" Apparently this was his fault too, somehow, but he'd missed that explanation. Didn't matter, always was his fault. He was used to it. "I was going to say though...maybe it is time." He dropped his gaze to the floor, reaching for her hands with his. "Look, you know how I am, so I'll try to keep this to the point before I wander off-topic. Like you said, the kids are grown now, they don't need us anymore...not like that. And you've never been happy with me." He didn't sound bitter; simply stating fact, shaking his head.

"I talked with Mom about some things," he admitted, glancing to the side towards the kitchen where the other angel had gone. "I always thought that once you were together with someone, that was it, you stayed with them no matter what the circumstances." He sighed, a ghost of a smile crossing his face for a moment. "Mom shocked me with what she told me. It's one thing to stay together when there are children to raise, but once they're grown? A bond that isn't built on love...isn't a marriage. And it shouldn't be treated with the same reverence as one." He looked up, meeting the Fae's eyes with his, seeming uncharacteristically 'in' the moment, rather than elsewhere as usual.

He lifted one hand to kiss the back of hers.

"If this is what you want, Diona, then just tell me what I need to do."

Wolfs Heart

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:05 pm
Diona was pleasantly surprised with how well Melek responded to her request, he almost seemed to be mature about it. It made it all the more difficult for her to release her pent up frustrations about losing the dance contest though. She felt even worse when he reached for her hand. Maybe she didn't love the guy, but it was pretty hard to hate him too. "I'm sorry too, this just... never should have happened... and now we both have a chance to move on to someone we actually have feeling for. Diona was certain that she would swear off committal relationships for a while, but maybe her partner liked the idea of settling down.

"It's not that I wasn't happy with you... you're a good pae... and a good dad... its just that I'm not." Yeah, Diona could admit it, especially with how Melek was making her feel so guilty right now. "I think we should go back to Venus' temple. That's where this whole mess started, with one of her parties, we should see if she can do anything about it." Diona smiled hesitantly, this was a lot harder then she thought.

Teigra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:02 pm
He had just been wondering what it was about him that was so bad, if he'd done something so wrong to make her unhappy to be with him...when she interrupted his morose thoughts with a surprising answer to the question unasked. Melek flushed slightly, the only sign a subtle darkening in his cheeks.

"Maybe...I had it all wrong," he mused aloud, his thoughts becoming vocal as he worked them out now. "I'd always seen how happy Mom and Dad were. She said they were happy because they had each other. Because they were together. So I thought, if we were together, we'd be happy. But maybe I had it all backwards, 'cause it didn't work out that way. Maybe...you have to make each other happy first...then you decide to stay together, which is why you stay happy."

He sighed, shaking his head. It was getting harder to keep his mind on the moment, a million things all running through his head. With no more ceremony, he squeezed Diona's hands lightly. "Sounds like as good a plan as any. Let me just go tell Mom goodbye."

He turned towards the kitchen only to met by the female angel, holding out a knapsack. He blinked at her in confusion, then baffled all over again by her sheepish expression.

"I...may have overheard." Takeko blushed; she wasn't a spy, but...she couldn't help but be concerned for her son, right? He was a good boy, but that didn't mean he couldn't use a little advice now and then. She was relieved when he only smiled and accepted the pack from her. "Just a few things for your trip. I don't know how far you have to go, but if it's far, even if you fly, well...just in case, okay? Nothing fancy, just a couple of flasks of water, some dried fruit...and a couple of those scones we just finished. Wrapped in palm leaves, so careful not to crush them, okay dear?" Always a mom, she gently chided herself. Let the boy go.

She placed her hand on his cheek with a smile. Seeming to know, he bent over so Takeko could stand on her toes to kiss his forehead. "No matter what happens, I'm so proud of you, honey," she whispered.

"Heh...thanks, Mom." He kissed her cheek, then pulled away before this got any more embarrassing. If it could. Turning back to his wife, he settled the pack over one shoulder and offered her his other arm. "Shall we go?" He gestured towards the door.

"And when this is all over, you better bring those sons of yours by to see Grandma!"

Melek shot a look over his shoulder towards the kitchen where the angel had disappeared. He swore he heard her giggling in there, though she was trying to hide it. Yep, time to go.

Wolfs Heart

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:40 am
"Sounds good to me," Diona responded to Melek's musings. She didn't necessarily have an example of a relationship like Melek's parents, but it wasn't something she ever was interested in. To get rushed off into a marriage and then babies... there was still so much that Diona wanted to do. It had crushed her when she couldn't do those things or be selfish anymore, though she was still selfish anyways.

Diona was getting antsy to get going before either one of them changed their mind about anything, she started tapping the toe of one of her boots on the ground with some impatience. Finally it looked like they were about to go. Diona watched the exchange between Melek and his mother, relieved that the mother seemed to be supportive of this and wasn't chasing after her with a sharp object. "Yes lets get going," her voice sounded more urgent then when they had spoken a few minutes ago. "Do you want to fly?" she asked as she began to tug Melek out the door.

Teigra

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff