Reply 'Tendo Cult~
WiiU Miiverse update blows.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MrChristoop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:57 pm
You can no longer discuss off topic things on the wii U(The amazing drawings) You can only post threads every 5 minutes as well...It's to prevent spam

What are your opinions on this?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:03 pm
I haven't bought a WiiU yet, but I don't feel like much has been lost if this is the case. It always seemed like a kinda garbage pile that people woud pick through and find gems every 1 of a thousand or so times.(Actual numbers probably worse.)

Miiverse always struck me as a weak attempt to break into social media on Nintendo's part. I don't think there was much amazing or innovative about it, other than maybe you'd see drawings of dicks pop up in your video game every once in a blue moon.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:07 pm
Thank god. Get that ******** Earthbound spam out of there.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:18 pm
Meta_Fish
Thank god. Get that ******** Earthbound spam out of there.

This. Off topic discussion isn't what Miiverse is for.  

Waynebrizzle

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:00 pm
I'm confused as to what's considered off topic. Hearing it being described, some of Miiverse sounded really amazing, and some of it sounded really useless. The good s**t sounded like it was coming from the games and apps that had people dicking around drawing stuff. If that's going to be blocked, I'm afraid some of that charm will be gone. I guess I can't really say either way.

And the flood filter is a good addition, but I always thought something like that was already in place. Maybe five minutes is a bit too harsh, but it's not supposed to be treated like a chatroom.

Was the Miiverse so distressed before the changes?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:17 pm
Trenn Flashkill
I'm confused as to what's considered off topic. Hearing it being described, some of Miiverse sounded really amazing, and some of it sounded really useless. The good s**t sounded like it was coming from the games and apps that had people dicking around drawing stuff. If that's going to be blocked, I'm afraid some of that charm will be gone. I guess I can't really say either way.

And the flood filter is a good addition, but I always thought something like that was already in place. Maybe five minutes is a bit too harsh, but it's not supposed to be treated like a chatroom.

Five minutes should be enough. Anyone that wants to post more than that is probably abusing it a little. It's supposed to be for sharing things you thought were cool, or for questions.

Drawings aren't filtered. I think the off topic filter is for when idiots try to talk about Earthbound in a Balloon Fight community.  

Waynebrizzle

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:25 pm
Waynebrizzle
Trenn Flashkill

Five minutes should be enough. Anyone that wants to post more than that is probably abusing it a little. It's supposed to be for sharing things you thought were cool, or for questions.

Drawings aren't filtered. I think the off topic filter is for when idiots try to talk about Earthbound in a Balloon Fight community.

If that's all that is, then I'm cool with that.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:53 pm
Yeah, you have a good point...I just checked today to try the new Google maps thing on the Wii U and the random drawings are still there, although something is different I don't quite get it. ohwell.
Oh and also I'm not sure if any of you have heard but the NFSMW game that's coming to the Wii U actually has Mii Verse in game, that's something I find extremely cool. eek  

MrChristoop

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff