Reply 'Tendo Cult~
E3 Smash Bros Universe fear

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MrChristoop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:46 pm
Hello, I'm not sure about you guys but I get a slight worry when I hear that the new Smash Bros is going to be cross-play with the 3DS simply because I don't see how it can play fast. My biggest worry is that it's going to be slower than SSBB which was already slow. I'm not saying I didn't like Brawl , it was amazing but I just preferred the gameplay in Melee more.
Generally speaking I'm just worried that the new Smash game is going to be slow since it's parting with the 3DS, thumb sticks and analog sticks aren't quite the same confused  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:13 pm
Brawl's actually faster in a lot of ways-it's just floatier which is the main complaint, but that makes it easier for you to get out of chains and to have more time to react. Melee was all focused on knowing combos and tying yourself to your enemy so that they couldn't get away.

There's no reason it should be any slower on the 3DS at all. Even if the 3DS was only capable of GameCube-quality games (it's not), Nintendo is the most able game dev in the world when it comes to making something work on what they're given, largely due to the fact that they're the ones giving.

The Wii U originally had circle pads too, though. And it's not like you're going to be using the gamepad only for SSB4/U. Classic Controllers, U Pro controllers and hell, possibly even a GameCube U Pro (gamecUbe?) controllers will likely be usable for it, not to mention your 3DS as a controller.

I'm most interested to see how the experience is different on a handheld. Will they just be straight ports or will they have different content? Will they play differently? What crossplay will there be? Sakurai stated he wanted the 3DS version to be a more personal experience that you brought to the Wii U. What does that mean? That you'll unlock stuff in the 3DS to take to the Wii U? Will most people use the 3DS for a controller? Will you need to look at your own screen?

There's too many mysteries right now to know much. Not having GCN controller support on the Wii U is worrisome to a lot of people, but those people are the ones (mostly) that don't like Brawl and are just still playing Melee (12 years later). Though I would love having a GCN Pro controller for the Wii U (the Pro controller looks uncomfortable with both sticks at the top) for the eventual release of GCN VC games and for use in Smash Bros, I don't think it's necessary.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:31 pm
dont forget melee was also about being fox, falco or marth and wave dashing and L-Canceling constantly so you never get hit.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:51 pm
I really don't care about speed so long as it's playable, but I too am worried that it'll control weird.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:54 pm
Monster Hunter is about to hit the 3DS and you're worried about the new SSB?
It'll be fine. SSB has changed many times through it's sequels. You'll never really know what's best for it until you've tried everything.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:40 pm
Deathgod of Legend
It'll be fine. SSB has changed many times through it's sequels. You'll never really know what's best for it until you've tried everything.
Yeah I suppose, Nintendo hasn't really messed up with their games lol.  

MrChristoop

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:53 pm
MrChristoop
Deathgod of Legend

I mean, let's take a step back and look at Sonic.
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was one of the best sonic games ever in my opinion but lately the games have been lacking. (Also in my opinion)
SSB has never really went wrong with anything though, I mean I preferred Melee but I welcomed the changes of Brawl with open arms.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:59 pm
Deathgod of Legend
MrChristoop
Deathgod of Legend

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was one of the best sonic games ever in my opinion but lately the games have been lacking. (Also in my opinion)
SSB has never really went wrong with anything though, I mean I preferred Melee but I welcomed the changes of Brawl with open arms.
Yeah I'm not going to lie, brawl had some things that I honestly preferred, just as a smash bros player I always played for the competitive route, seeing if I could beat my friends and such, brawl couldn't do that for me because of the balance of the characters(It wasn't that bad but needed to be balanced) And I'm not quite sure about this but I heard of something called Dojo? Not sure if that did anything but they're mods to make the game play more like melee just for the competitive aspect....All I'm saying is I hope the game becomes slower. Oh and I agree with Sonic games, the last one that I saw was good was Generations the rest seemed pretty mediocre.  

MrChristoop

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:48 pm
Deathgod of Legend
MrChristoop
Deathgod of Legend

Sonic generations wasn't too terrible, it looked nice and had a decent concept.

weresonic and giving him a sword. thats just cause your out of ideas.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:11 pm
Xilo The Odd
Deathgod of Legend

Sonic generations wasn't too terrible, it looked nice and had a decent concept.

weresonic and giving him a sword. thats just cause your out of ideas.

Much agreed.  

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:13 pm
MrChristoop
Deathgod of Legend
MrChristoop
Deathgod of Legend

Yeah I'm not going to lie, brawl had some things that I honestly preferred, just as a smash bros player I always played for the competitive route, seeing if I could beat my friends and such, brawl couldn't do that for me because of the balance of the characters(It wasn't that bad but needed to be balanced) And I'm not quite sure about this but I heard of something called Dojo? Not sure if that did anything but they're mods to make the game play more like melee just for the competitive aspect....All I'm saying is I hope the game becomes slower. Oh and I agree with Sonic games, the last one that I saw was good was Generations the rest seemed pretty mediocre.

Dojo? I thought that was like the official site for SSB?
Anyway, I played Generations. I hated it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:34 pm
MrChristoop
Brawl was much better balanced than Melee and overall more well-built. You're thinking of Project M, a fanmade mod to make them game faster and to have more combos and worse physics, letting you chain attacks your enemy can't escape out of.

If we want to have an argument about Sonic, maybe we should have another thread. Generations was great, Colors was great and the sword isn't a bad idea on its own, it just wasn't implemented well.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:32 pm
Xilo The Odd
dont forget melee was also about being fox, falco or marth and wave dashing and L-Canceling constantly so you never get hit.
Truly the pinnacle of gaming.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:05 pm
Smash Bros Dojo was just a a teaser site that sorta also acted as a sort of dev journal, but instead of boring development notes, they'd reveal new things. By the time the game actually came out there weren't really any secrets, but it was definitely cool, and it got me hyped for the game.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:09 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Xilo The Odd
Truly the pinnacle of gaming.
gaming for the king of kings even.  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces