So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
All-In-One Animal Crossing Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the Animal Crossing franchise?
  Yes
  No
  [neutral option]
View Results

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:23 pm
I had an e-reader and some of the cards, but I got them later, when they were pretty much all on clearance and they were mostly useless. It didn't help that you had to have the cards, the e-reader, the GBA and all the GameCube stuff. I bet there were some cool ones, though. There was a rumor you could get the Forbidden Five NES games with them, but I never looked into if that was true or not (at the time no one knew).

Wolf was my least favorite villager because the instrument that plays for his town tune is so harsh, I always hated talking to him. I think I had almost all of the NES games, and I remember printing off cheat codes to get stuff.

I wish that the VC on Wii U would let you boot up your NES games through Animal Crossing or something. I wish the new ones would let you play games together, too. So much of the stuff you get is just useless aside from decoration. I'd love to play pool with a pool table or have a little arcade game you could play with visitors. But for now, I just want New Leaf. I wish they'd give us a release date that's close.

I remember stealing a throne from someone in Wild World.. That's an evil story.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:41 pm
Meta_Fish
I had an e-reader and some of the cards, but I got them later, when they were pretty much all on clearance and they were mostly useless. It didn't help that you had to have the cards, the e-reader, the GBA and all the GameCube stuff. I bet there were some cool ones, though. There was a rumor you could get the Forbidden Five NES games with them, but I never looked into if that was true or not (at the time no one knew).

Wolf was my least favorite villager because the instrument that plays for his town tune is so harsh, I always hated talking to him. I think I had almost all of the NES games, and I remember printing off cheat codes to get stuff.

I wish that the VC on Wii U would let you boot up your NES games through Animal Crossing or something. I wish the new ones would let you play games together, too. So much of the stuff you get is just useless aside from decoration. I'd love to play pool with a pool table or have a little arcade game you could play with visitors. But for now, I just want New Leaf. I wish they'd give us a release date that's close.

I remember stealing a throne from someone in Wild World.. That's an evil story.

You had the strategy guide, right? So lucky. I tried to find stuff out online but missed out on a bunch of secrets anyway, it seems.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:38 pm
gotta smack dem rocks with a shovel. mine em for dat gold.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:33 pm
Oooh, speaking of which, you can now sometimes get precious stones from smashing rocks in your town. The rest might not be true, but I remember reading that you can use them to make music boxes of your favourite K.K. arichecks at R. Parkers.

Speaking of R. Parkers, did you know it's a mini pun?
Of you say the word "alpacas" in a thick Japanese accent, it's pronounced "a-ru-pa-ka-zu" Same as "R. Parkers"
Yeah >.> I hunt for puns. It's not my fault. I think my brain is broken,

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

Puu-chan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:57 pm
I love Animal Crossing so much. My favorite of the series so far is Wild World. It was the first one I played and was the first DS game I really enjoyed. I seriously loved getting portraits from neighbors when you got to be close friends. I played a lot of City Folk trying to see if the neighbors also gave out portraits, and I was really disappointed when I found out they didn't. xD I hate how the grass gets destroyed if you walk/run on it too much, especially since my sisters and I would play for a few hours each day. I finally got a used copy of the original Animal Crossing last summer, and while I found the neighbors more charming, I found it a bit more boring since flowers couldn't be watered or crossbred.

I'm seriously looking forward to New Leaf. I still wish we got it the same time as Japan, but today we finally got a release date (from the Nintendo Direct) - June 9th. About 5 more months then.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:31 pm
Does anyone have all of the items that Nintendo gave through WIFI over the years in City Folks?

I recently lost all of mine because the Wii I had broke. I guess I overplayed. So I had to start a new game on a new Wii, but those items I can't get back.

Anyhoo, I do have some of them I can trade to you, or I can buy them from you. Or I can give them back, if you want to just let me categorize them. OwO

Anyhoo, if anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. Just let me know & I'll give you my friend code info & what items I need & have to offer. smile

Spooky

Everyday Spook

50,350 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:38 am
I only have a couple because I go through "omg I have so manyn animations assignments to complete" phases where I just don't touch my Wii (haha I still giggle when I write/say that) but I can send you what I have. It's mostly the crappy halloween items.

I've always wanted that bleeping Gakuran/hat combo! scream

Anyway, I have a cool Gracie item. I don't have time to turn on my Wii right now but I should be able to in 24+~7 hours from this post's timestamp to get my FC and post it. I'll have my game on then. 3nodding

Cheers.

PS
JUNE NINTH ******** WHATWHATWHAT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:20 pm
I used to have the code for the Jingle Dresser memorized back on GC. Easiest 36k ever.  

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:21 pm
Dumb chick at the game store misspelled my name on my pre-order receipt even after I SPELLED IT FOR HER gonk

Really?

Really?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:03 pm
I never played Animal Crossing. I always meant to, but it seemed like every time I had the extra cash and the itch to try it out, I couldn't ever find it anywhere. >.< Guess I'll just have to wait for the new game in June.  

koopabrat

Sparkly Genius

13,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:59 pm
I usually get my used games off of eBay.
I remember someone telling me how unethical stores like GameStop are because of how they'll give you like a 5-20$ credit and then sell your used game for like 5$ under the "new game" price.
I try to give money back to the people. Think about it, if I sell my game on eBay for like 30$ with shipping, it's still probably less than what GameStop is selling it for (at least in Canada) so the person buying it is getting a better deal and I'm making more money than if I sell it at GameStop.
That said, there are a million exceptions. I'm talking about something like a bigger Nintendo franchise. If I were to buy some Nintendogs or third party game based off a movie or whatevertheballs then It'd probably be less hassle and not that much of a waste to go through a game store.

ANYWAY, life story aside,
games are also way easier to find on eBay.

Man, do NOT get me started on how hard it was for me to get a hard copy of the first Phoenix Wright game before I was old enough to have a credit card.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:25 pm
I have played a little of every Animal Crossing game but AC:NL is the best they've made so far! My town name is Red Gale, and my favorite character is Soleil. My house is almost fully upgraded, and it looks like a castle. I won't have Wi-Fi till I start college so I haven't tried any of the features that require it yet but I hear they're great! Today I ran around looking for a spider but have had no luck... I think they're in the tree's but I have yet to see one... Also I tend to play from noon till 2pm and than from 10pm till 2am. 4laugh  

PinupToaster

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces