Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Sinner's Sentiments - Polls and Wild Nonsense

Back to Guilds

A small but growing guild. We're close knit, friendly, literate, and we have polls on every topic. 

Tags: General Discussion, Literate, Awesome, Friendly, Polls 

Reply a** - PAWN
My dog passed away...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stefcia stefcia

Versatile Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:42 pm
Three weeks ago tomorrow. I'm still very upset over it because I've had her since I was two years-old. She was eighteen-years and three-months-old and had been deaf for over five years and blind for nearly two. She'd had two strokes the night she passed and then stopped breathing in her sleep about three hours after. While it's good to know she's no longer in pain, I've been having a hard time coming to acceptance and grieving for her.

Have any of you all lost a pet that meant a lot to you? And how did you cope and find comfort in your loss?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:33 pm
I actually just lost my oldest dog last month. There isn't really a way to cope other than thinking they are no longer in pain now. It's always sad to lose a loved one regardless and only time makes the wound hurt less. However, you still have all the happy memories to keep forever.  

Sinacious
Captain

stefcia stefcia

Versatile Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:36 pm
I agree with you there. It's finally gotten a bit easier.

At the same time, I've been debating whether or not to get another dog (from a shelter). Because we have another dog that we've had since 2007 and before us, she was with a family that had a second dog as well. And she has been grieving from what I can tell also. She would search for the other dog and occasionally still will, as well as sit in the yard or a room in the house and just start howling. She also carries one of Lady's toys with her into every room and always sleeps with it now.

Don't really think any of us are totally ready though.
confused

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:10 pm
I think adopting a dog from a shelter would be a very nice idea. Does sound like your other dog is lonely as well. Maybe when you're ready. smile  

Sinacious
Captain

a** - PAWN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces