Submit

Rawrnia

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:38 pm
Hey guys! :3

My name's Nia, and i'll be doing the 365 day challenge!
Please give me any critique you want- i'd like to improve very much. :3
Here i go!~

I wont be uploading very quickly, but i'll do the best i can!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:50 am
WEEK ONE
-Beginnings-

‘Hey.’

‘…Hi.’

I saw the couch wrinkle under the strobe lights, and I squinted at him. He had a lazy smirk, and he ran a hand through his inky hair.

I turned back to my cup, watching the unknown and suspicious liquid ripple to the beat of the bass as it… ‘dropped’.

‘Caleb.’

My head snapped to ‘Caleb’ and I felt my brow furrow.

‘… Alice.’

What did he want?

He offered a hand and I quirked a confused smile of my own as I shook it loosely.

He was cold.

‘What’s a shy gal like you doing here on your own?’

I looked back at my …uh, drink, and squirmed before I looked back up at his curiously wine red eyes, flashing different colours as the lights flickered a sickly yellow, an ocean blue and a neon green. ‘What… what’s a debonair guy like you doing here on your own, hot stuff?’ it came out even more slurred than I’d thought it would.

Ohmygodtoomanydrinks-

He laughed, that deep baritone cutting through the music, and I cocked my head, and the smile came out on its own.

‘Touché.’ He said smoothly, performing the classical clichéd move- he yawned, stretching his arm over my shoulder.

…Strange guy.

-Cause/Effect-

‘Caleb. You’re so immature.’

‘Alice. You’re so annoying.’

‘You’re so irritating.’

‘You’re so hot tempered.’

‘You’re so persistent.’

‘You’re so unrelenting.’

‘You’re still here, I told you to just go home....’

‘You’re so-

‘Look, Caleb, I have work, please just… go home. Microwave the dinner, and just-‘

‘We said we’d have dinner together. Always.’

‘But… I’ll still be at school until eight- we have dinner at like… six thirty? Your belly is a black hole. Go home, you need food, you starved doggie.’

‘Alice.’

She’s so freakin’ adorable and she’s hot and she cares way too much-

‘Wha- let go! What are you-!’

‘You’re so hot.’

‘Freaking testosterone levels.’

-Peace of Mind-

Where was she.

Where.

Where?

WHERE?!

My feet padded the ground, barely skimming the pavement as I pushed past pregnant women and their children in favour of
angry papas.

‘Alice!’ the panic and desperation tore from my throat in one shriek.

…It was manly.

‘…Caleb?’

I spun around, shock and relief flooding through my veins to the tips of my fingers.

Alice.

There she was.

Red hair tied up in a curly mess of a ponytail, and held back by a colourful bandana, her green eyes asked curiously what the hell I was doing in the middle of the city screaming her name. In her hands, a potted rose tilting against the slightly dirtied apron that hung down to mid-thigh. Her orange shirt matched the few freckles on her paper white nose, and she gave a resigned smile before gently placing down the flower on a green bench. She called back and when an old lady waved and nodded, the wrinkles creasing her skin into a smile, she tore off the apron and sprinted over to me, letting my arms catch her, and I savoured the laugh in my ear, feeling her breath on my skin.

‘Caleb! What’re you doing here?!’

‘Oh my god I was so worried.’

‘…Sorry?’

My arms enveloped her into me, and I spun her around, and some idiot who didn’t have what we did flew past us, wolf whistling on his bike.

I gave him the bird, which I kept carefully behind Alice’s back.

‘I didn’t know where you were!’

‘…I was working.’

‘Whatever,’ I inhaled that faint scent of raspberry and vanilla, ‘gives me peace of mind, you trouble maker.’

-Childhood Memories-

‘Oh! And this is where I was born!’

‘You were born overseas?’

His hand, warm, only with the slightest hint of shyness, ruffled my curls, and I curled up tighter against him, eagerly showing the sights that I knew so well, so beautifully captured in one photo.

‘Yeah, but I came unexpectedly premature in Scotland, they wanted to be back in Australia before but,’ I gave a shrug, grinning up at him, ‘you know me- rebellious through and through.’

He smiled back at me, his arm encircling my waist to pull me closer, ‘well, where’s this place? It’s … bright.’

‘That’s the park near home… I loved that swing; I need to take you there one day!’

‘Then take me there,’ he tipped his head so my forehead met his, ‘take me anywhere. I’ll follow. Let me become one of these precious memories.’

-Speed-

‘…I’m not doing this.’

‘…why not?’

‘It’s a death trap.’

‘Come on! I’ll go slow!’

‘You break your promises, Caleb! How do I trust you!?’

‘That’s the beautiful thing about our relationship- it’s not solely based on love, it’s based on trust. Remember how you trusted me the night we met? You came with me, and look where we’re at!’

‘But… but it’s… that’s different! Where’s this going to get us?!’

‘In a further stage of our relationship?’

‘… it’s huge.’

‘…not as big as the others. Just get on.’

I shivered as I slid onto the leather seat, the second I was on properly, my arms latched onto Caleb’s waist.

‘FULL SPEEEEEEEEEEEED!!’

He revved the engine and I screamed as we jerked forward on the bright yellow motorbike.

‘YOU BASTAAAAAARRRRRD!’

-Mayhem-

‘Honey… fluff… toothpaste…string…’

I checked everything off on my fingers, eyes drifting to the bucket which contained my tools.

I’d returned from that motorcycle trip, unscathed but frazzled, and ready for revenge.

Of course, I smoothed down my curls, smiled, said it was fun, I was fine, let’s do it again sometime.

b*****d never saw it coming.

I giggled.

It was four in the morning, and I’d told him I’d gotten inspiration and he needn’t wait up for me. He’d shrugged, relieved I hadn’t killed him for the bike ride, and as soon as the notes from the strings of the guitar had stopped floating from his room, I’d started phase one of the plan. That was two hours ago.

He should be soundly asleep.

The sucker was dead.

He’d always been a very deep sleeper; everything would go according to plan.

I entered his room, swearing profusely in my head when the door announced my arrival by screaming the loudest shriek it could, and I left it open, so there would not be a repeat when I left.

Pouring honey over his face, I carefully pulled the string over his alarm clock and over his head, tying a neat knot for the bucket full of fluff. When he sat up, he’d get a facefull of dustmites and die of an allergic reaction.

N-not that he’d actually die, of course, but…

The smarmy b*****d… breaking promises…

I squeezed the toothpaste over his hand, and squished the end on his pale nose.

I stood back, admiring my artwork, just for a second, before leaving.

HA.

Gilding a Lily

‘Take the makeup off.’

‘Why? It makes me feel…’ she fidgeted, ‘a little less uneasy. Let a girl have some confidence, won’t you?’

I ******** hated this.

Why.

Why.

We lived together, we’d had so many memories, I exerted enough pheromones to mark her as mine. Which idiot decided it would be okay to take her? She was mine.

But, she was an idiot too- she, we, kjald;alskfd, we’d gone through so much… and even if I hadn’t officially asked her out yet, couldn’t she tell we were an item?

I sighed, ruffling my hair, eyes tracking her every movement.

I stepped forward to her vanity, watching her anxiously twist her curls around her index fingers and just…

‘Why gild the lily?’

She looked up, blinking, ‘… Shakespeare…?’

‘Why gild the lily?’ I repeated, smoothing back her hair, ‘do you know what that means?’

‘…N-no, not really…’

‘It means,’ I said fondly, bending down to meet her at eye level, ‘if something’s already so beautiful, why paint over it once more to mask that beauty? If you need make-up to feel good around him, he’s not the one for you.’

I stole a kiss and flew out the room before the flying make up brushes could hit me.

------  

Rawrnia

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Rawrnia

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:43 pm
WEEK 2
First Romance

Idiot…

My fingers slid to my flip phone, toying with the keychain before flipping it open and letting my fingers type a quick text and sending it.
I dropped the phone next to the piles of foundation, and pushed the wheely chair to my bed before collapsing onto it.

Caleb…

Ghosting my fingers over my lips, I rolled over and squealed into my pillow.
I knew I should have listened to gut instinct.

Or women’s intuition… whatever.

No, sorry Lucas, not anytime soon, you can keep using your right hand.

I’d stay with Caleb, I sighed, because, after all, he’s my first romance.

And I was determined to make it my last.

Orchards

‘CAN’T CATCH MEEEE!~’

‘Get back here you little-‘

‘Nuh-ah-ahh!~ Gotta catch-‘

Arms wrapped around me, and I gasped out a sudden breath as I felt my significant other’s on my neck, his nose buried into my hair. My grip on my bucket of cherries loosened, and I nearly dropped it when he pressed a light kiss below my ear. His hands, warm, on mine, supported the box of the ripe fruit, and he chuckled, pulling back with me tucked into his chest.

I heard his heart against my back, and my own fell into the beat as we stopped, feeling the wind brush our legs as we paused in our slight embrace.

The leaves seemed to cheer and bend, hiding us from view as Caleb dropped his bucket and the free hand came to gently turn my head to face his.

Our lips met for a breath but-

‘Hey kids! No loitering!~’

Disillusionment

‘No, they aren’t.’

‘…Alice…They are…’

‘But they’re not!’

‘But they are!’

‘…What? Caleb, How could you say that?!’

‘Because it’s true! Why wont you trust me?’

‘I do trust you, but … it’s just… how could it be that you put the cake in for twenty minutes? Isn’t it like… forty?!’

‘…no. just… no. Follow the instruction packet.’

‘…oh.’

‘I think this calls for a well over due ‘I told you so’.’

‘…Shut up.’

Guardian Angels

Believe in me…

She was crying.

Please just believe.

She was cold under my arm, as I pulled her in for a tight hug.

You don’t need to worry any more

She was shaking.

I’m here.

She was hurt.

I’m your guardian angel

Different ways of thinking

‘Red.’

‘Black.’

‘Two kids…’

‘As many as possible!’

‘Pasta!’

‘Dumplings!’

Our fingers coiled together, and I felt our backs press together. His smile was nearly audible.

‘We might have different ways of thinking…’ he began, quietly, his fingers tightening slightly.

‘But we’re perfect for each other anyway.’

Consequence

‘…No dinner.’

‘Nope.’

‘…None.’

‘Zilch.’

‘Zero.’

‘Na-da.’

‘… do you know what the consequences of this are?’

I watched the beauty cheekily smirk as she rocked on her heels.

‘…Pizza for dinner...?’

Gratitude

‘Wh-what-NO!’

Their muffled laughs reached my ears through the glass and as I watched their blurred figures fade after the undeniable click of the key, and I sank to the rough ground.

I gave a sigh, and closed my eyes.

Well, I’d be late to class, and I’d be locked in here till god knows when.

Couldn’t really get any worse…

One drip.

Another.

And another.

And suddenly, water poured.

‘Wh-what?’

The hysteria strangled me.

Water.

Oh, god no.

The water was filling up the small, enclosed glass garden, relentlessly forcing
its way into my shoes, up my stockings, gnawing at my skirt.

No.

Oh god no no no no no no no no no please god no no-

Now waist deep in rain water, I saw the returning figures of the absolute bleeps sitting comfortable, laughing outside.

My hair, once bouncy and uncontrollable, was now slick and stuck to my back, my neck, and oh god, there’s water everywhere and I cant take it and-

‘Hey!’

Their blurred faces all simultaneously jolted to the direction of the familiar male voice, and his own figure chased them away.

I started banging on the glass, screaming.

I didn’t care anymore.

Pride? What was that?!

‘Caleb! CALEB!’

He sprinted to me, hands frantically palming the glass, before he started punching it.

I desperately shook my head, pointing a dripping finger in the direction of the girls, and I watched him repeat my first motion, and made a violent GET-OUT-OF-THE-WAY-OR-YOU’LL-GET-HURT gesture, and I fell back into the rising water, and watched with wide eyes and my guardian angel punched straight through the glass.

Knuckles bleeding, and his wrist at a crooked angle, he silently picked up my drenched body and carried me up four sets of stairs to the infirmary.

My arms around him, my face buried into his neck, he let me bawl into his shirt.

‘Thank you.’  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:38 pm
WEEK 3

Explosion
I coughed into a loose fist, keeping the other curled tightly around the handle of my weapon. My eyes watered and as the smoke cleared, and I coughed again.

Slow claps mocked me from the door way, and I glared at the frying pan in front of me.

The burnt bits would take hecka lot of time to scrub off…

‘I told you I’d cook… leave it to me next time, okay?’

‘SHUDDUP!’

Money
‘A few dollars?’

‘No.’

‘Please?’

‘…no’

‘But Caleb~’

‘But no.’

‘Please?’

‘Try again.’

‘Why not?’

‘Why so?’

‘…Just a few dollars.’

‘No.’

‘but it’s like … One extra dollar!’

‘So?! One dollar can buy me a freaking large frozen coke at Maccas!’

‘But… Please?’

‘No.’

‘I want ice cream… it’s like, thirty cents…’

Travelling alone

It was… truly quiet.

As the trees rushed by, I pressed my face onto the glass, and breathed,
watching the white fog up.

It was gonna be a looong ride…

Caleb was staying home to finish exams, and he’d sent me to the mountains
to start his own little experiment of sorts.

It was… really lonely without his teasing grin.

Irony
‘But what does it mean?’

‘…Don’t be stupid it means-‘

‘Yes?’

‘…’

‘Exactly. No one ever knows what it even means!’

‘but it do know what it means!’

‘…Definition…?’

‘…ahh…’

Lust

‘NO SEXY TIME FOR YOU FOR THE NEXT MONTH!’

I opened an eye, from my lazy, midday nap.

Last night, we’d stayed up all night… if you catch my drift.

I’d given her a brilliant time last night. What did she mean by no sexy time?

‘What?’

‘Read. My. Lips. No. sex. For the next month.’

I nearly fell off the bed.

‘What?! Why?!’

‘Because that’s how it works! Look at this!’

She flipped that beautiful red hair over her shoulders, and dropped her
dressing gown.

‘o-oh…’

Down her spinal cord, an alarming array of pink, red and purple bruises started to rise.

She huffed, pulling up her robe once more to loosely cover her shoulders.

‘No sexy time,’ she said firmly.

…Damnit, testosterone…

Identity Crisis

‘It’s like… you’re a completely different person when you have make up on.’

‘…really?’

Those jade eyes glinted with slight confusion and hurt as she pouted. Her eyes, lined carefully, and artistically, were dark with kohl and god knows what else, and then topped with a shimmering kind of pale blue. Her lips were a pouty peach pink, and her freckles hidden by the basic BB cream.

‘Yeah. Like when you have make up on, you’re all serious and sexy, and seductive, and then without it, you’re so pure and innocent and beautiful and sexy and amazing and-‘

She scrubbed at one half, so the freckles and the dimple I loved so much re-emerged. Uh, on one side of her face.

‘Then how am I now?’ she grinned cheekily.

Being Replaced

When I’d told him no sexy time, I’d meant no sexy time at all.

However, even though, sure, we’d shared a few kisses, had a just a few incidences when we were playing inappropriate drinking games, but we weren’t even together.

We weren’t together.

He’d actually made it clear ever time we had a… a moment. A kiss, a hug, smex, and directly after, he’d say flatly; ‘no strings attatched. We’re not together.’

So it shouldn’t have affected me when he brought home other women.

Every morning when I walked into his room to wake him up, there was a
different woman, red head, naked, with long legs, pale, fair skin, and his arms around her. His nose was always buried in that fluffy red hair, and whenever I walked in, he’d lazily open those wine red eyes, and stare at me.

This morning was no different.

As soon as I pushed open the door, a black, lacy bra fell on my head.

Scowling, I pulled it off, and swallowed hard, the tears already clawing at the back of my eyes.

Freaking double D’s…

I threw the bra to a side, vaguely noticing that today, there were, goddamnit, three women in his bed.

I sidestepped a pair of fluffy pink handcuffs, the matching underwear to the previous bra, and hooker heels.

Those red eyes slowly opened, and zero-ed in on me. I bit my lip before I could scowl.

One of the girls in the bed opened her eyes, a cerulean blue, still hazed with lust, and he yanked off the blanket to push himself on top of her, lips at her breasts.

She moaned.

‘Well, you’re up. No need for me.’

I turned on my heel, and left the room, closing the door as I heard a second, throaty groan.  

Rawrnia

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Rawrnia

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:41 am
Week IV
Jealousy

Two could play this game.
I called Wisteria, and the second I pressed the green button, the girl picked up.
‘Hey babe,’ she mumbled lazily, as I heard her roll over in her bed.
‘Hey, Terra,’ I smiled, and she mumbled something incoherent.
‘Babe, could you call back please? It’s so early…’
‘…it’s seven. In the evening.’
‘…Oh. So. How can I help you?
I blinked. Oh yeah.
‘Remember Lucas?’
‘The poor guy who you shot down and went to work in a host club?’
‘…Woah, really? That’s great!’
‘He still loves you, you know?’
‘…Oh… B…but…’
‘You have your honey. Yeah, I know.’
‘…Yeah…’
‘How is he though?’ she grunted as she pulled herself up, and I heard heels click on tiles.
‘…well, he’s not really my honey… you know…’
‘Apart from you rejecting the best guy you could take, as if he’s not your honey.’
‘He’s been having sex every day and night with some whore since I showed you how much he bit me when we had sex.’
‘…Woah. You want me to call Lulu?’
‘You know, I think it’s great you and Lucas have such a great relationship.’
‘Nah,’ I heard the smile on her voice, ‘I’m with you, sister, and I just want this a*****e to feel like a jealous a*****e. This is gonna be ******** insane when I’ve added my five cents to this mess.’
Insanity.
‘Alice?’
I smiled at Lucas, my heart breaking because I was using him like this. It was so wrong.
‘…Did… did Terra tell you-‘
‘That a*****e hurt you and now he’s gonna pay,’ he swept me off my feet, literally, and spun me around, ‘and I’m gonna have fun with this.’
He gave a gentle smile. ‘Don’t feel too bad about this. I believe the two of you are actually perfect for each other,’ I scowled, ‘and that he just needs to pay.’
I patted his head. ‘good boy.’
‘…Nice panties.’
I flushed. ‘…Terra leant them.’
He slowly put me down on the couch, and slowly pushed me down so i felt the cool leather on my bare back.
Honestly, revenge didn’t even seem worth it now.
I was ******** terrified.
Gradually, he leant down, a large hand, sliding down my thigh. The callouses of his fingertips reached my hips, and they caught the lace and pulled, tantalisingly slow.
‘He comes home at around this time?’ he breathed.
‘If Terra’s plan goes perfectly, she should be coming home to us…’
He paused, blinking, ‘…she’s not a red head?’
‘A wig, sweetie, a wig.’
He snorted through his nose, and bent down again, pressing a kiss to my forehead. ‘Relax.’
And as if on cue, Terra’s fake, drunken laughter shrieked through the door that was slammed open.
It was cut off with a sharp gasp.
That was masculine.
Well, I guess that I would have gasped too, had it been the opposite situation.
Whoops, nope, when it had been me, I hadn’t gasped at all.
I wrapped my arms around Lucas’ neck, and he brushed his lips against my collar bone, and whoops, there goes my panties.
Literally
‘Mnn, Alice,’ Lucas fake groaned, and I had to hide my laugh behind his bangs, because you know what? I changed my mind. This was freaking great. I threw my head back and called his name, closing my eyes in mock ecstasy.
Lucas rubbed the black silk between his fingers, before turning his clear blue eyes to the pair standing by the door, and smiling, welcomingly, nearly.
‘Terra,’ he said serenely, ‘I believe these are yours?’ and like a slingshot, he shot them to the girl who caught them singlehandedly. He turned back to me, the smile turning debonair and dangerous.
‘Now, where were ********.. just snapped. He launched himself onto Lucas, but the host laughed and ran, blowing a kiss to me before skipping into the elevator and disappearing.
Snow Day
In the end, Caleb didn’t come home.
He’d chased Lucas to god knows where.
Drama queen.
It never snowed in Australia, only in the Snowy mountains.
The coffee in my hands warmed me, but I leant my forehead to the frigid glass, ignoring the biting cold.
Somehow, the vanilla late between my palms didn’t do anything to stop the seeping cold into my heart.
Sculpture
…I hadn’t gone home in about a week.
…It was hard.
Just seeing her with him…
My fingers pressed into the cold clay, cursing the weather.
It was too cold, and the clay was freezing up.
…the sculpture wasn’t coming out.
Not the way I wanted it to.
It was coming out twisted, and grotesque, the shape and definition of Alice missing.
It was…
Painful
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Ever since I hadn’t returned, I had this… habit that I’d developed over the week. I had to sculpt every day.
Everyday.
Nearly, as if it was my body forcing me to remember what I’d done and it was forcing me to reflect..
Was this how Alice had felt? To be replaced and drown in cardinal desires?
Every day.
So I tried, not to sculpt for one day.
One day.
and a minute later, I found myself, sculpting, with tears running down my face and a heavy heart.
Alice.
Monster under the Bed
It was pathetic.
I hadn’t slept with a night light since… well, since I’d met Caleb.
And now that he was gone…
The sudden paranoia of sleeping alone, that the grudge, Sadoko, someone would come and get me haunted me every day.
Being too prideful to admit myself to Terra’s comfort, I’d snapped that I’d be fine.
n-not that I was…
I curled up, my back against the wall, missing Caleb’s warmth and security that always washed over me when he held me in his arms.
Japan Earthquake and Tsunami
The television fizzed and went out.
I reclined back into the couch, my cup of instant coffee cooling significantly on the glass table in front of me.
A soft pain ached between my ribs, and I closed my eyes, feeling the tears collect behind my eyelids.
There were such bigger problems than my own first world problem.
The world wouldn’t stop for me.
I…
I couldn’t just sit around and wait for him.
The world kept turning.
I kept growing.
We kept moving our separate ways.
…I was…
Had been.
Ridiculous.  
365 Days of Writing

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items