Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tokakinji Lands [IC]
[PRP] Wadding into the water (Ghalati & Isuara)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:45 pm
User Image

The river was rushing past Isuara as she walked on the bank, traveling the opposite way the water was flowing. Her eyes kept on the water, looking for different water life. She had seen different types of fish brought to the market place as well as rocks found in the water used in necklaces. She was interested in seeing what critters lived in the water.

Most of her free time was spent collecting herbs, but she had decided to take a break from her herb research. Typically she didn't pause one of her studies. It was more fulfilling for her to have her project completed and then go to the next project. Herbs had become such a long and tedious task. She was grateful for the help other scholars had given her, but she decided for her own sake to take a break.

As she watched the water, Isuara noticed something that was teal in color. She carefully began to wade into the rushing water, watching where she stepped as she didn't want the current to take her away. When she reached the teal object, she found that it was a gem of some kind, attached to a much larger rock. She stuck her face closer to the water so she would be able to see the gem better.

What she didn't notice was the crocodile that had noticed her. He was across the bank from her. His site was on her as he dove into the water.

((If the color is too bright, I can change it))  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:29 pm
Club Snails

Galahti sighed as he padded along, going about his patrol with the same gusto he went to much of his daily routine with. Which was not much. He seemed to be dragging himself along, though his eyes were looking around seriously.

He was at least dutiful enough to actually fulfill his duties, which he took quite seriously despite the hassle.

Walking by the water at least offered sights and smells and sounds that distinguished it from the rest of the land around. It was much more lively, in its way.

He did not expect to see what his eyes did settle on though. A lioness with her head in the water, and a crocodile moving in her direction. Did she notice the croc was coming for her?

Obviously not.

He moved over, picking up speed as he went, though he was a short distance off.

"Hey! Hey... hey lady!"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:43 pm
Isuara picked up the gem in her hand, rolling it around so she could properly examine it. She decided she would take it back to her den to look at it more. However as she did so she heard someone. Now wasn't the time for interruptions. Whatever it was, could wait. She carefully put the gem in her pouch, making sure it didn't brush against the other rocks she found. Once it was safely in her pouch, her attention went to the lion.

“Yes?” She said, giving a friendly smile.

However as she walked closer to him, she heard the loud snapping of the crocodile's mouth clamping shut. Her body jumped, reacting without her thinking. She had heard of crocodiles, but she had never seen one before. Part of her wanted to really look at him, to get a closer view of him. The other part of her said that it was a crazy idea and she would probably get killed if she didn't get out of there.

With a lack of grace, she started heading toward the lion, the crocodile not too far behind her. Her thoughts were racing, trying to think of something to stop the beast. Instead all she could do was run for it.

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:27 am
Club Snails

Ghalati ran toward her, then right by her as she closed the distance between them as well. At least she had seen the danger she was in, though he doubted the crocodile would give up so easily.

He leaped on the crocodile, snapping its jaws shut and pushing it under the water. The very last thing he wanted to do right now was fight a croc, but it needed to be dissuaded from pursuing this prey any further.

"Get high on the bank!"

He imagined the croc would not put much more effort than a few feet out of the water if it had to, but he was also hoping that it would get fed up before that. He slammed his paws into the croc's head again, and tried to get out of the water. It snapped at his paw and tore his skin, but a short flashing of claws and teeth and a well place swipe to the crocodile's eye had it disappearing into the water once more.

Taking a breath, the lion padded toward Isuara.

"Are you okay?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:03 pm
Isuara listened to the lion and hurried on the bank, getting further and further from the crocodile. She turned around only to see him take a swipe at the crocodile. Her heart was beating quicker and quicker, despite her trying to breath slowly to try and get her heart beat at a more regular beat. Once she knew the danger was gone she sat down. It had been a surprise to her that she had been attack. Nothing like that had ever happen to her while she was investigating. Usually she just trip and hurt her self just a little bit. Nothing serious had ever happened to her until today.

She gave the lion a tired smile. “Yeah I think I will be fine.” She said, letting out a sigh of relief. “Thank you so much for saving. I think if you weren't there I would be a nice meal right now.”

Which reminded her of her gem. She went into her pouch and pulled it out, just to make sure it was safe. After a quick look, she aw that there had been a small chip in it, probably from bumping into one of the other rocks. It didn't worry her though. It was still intact. She would be sure to ask one of the other scholars about it when she got back.

“My name is Isuara by the way. I come from Mkoani.” Her eyes lingered to the water, just to be sure that the crocodile wouldn't come back. Luckily there was no sign of him.

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:11 am
Club Snails
( I am sorry for the wait, I'm the worst ;-; )

Ghalati took a slow breath, winded from the adventure, to say the least. It had been a long time since he last fought a... no, wait, he had never done that before and he hoped he never had to do it again. It was not much fun. But then, there wasn't much that was.

He looked at her, tilting his head.

"I think so too. What were you doing? No... I guess it doesn't matter. I'm glad you weren't eaten." He spoke with a bland kind of voice, impatient but, in its way, warm. He was sincere when he said he was glad she wasn't eaten, even if it had resulted in him having to be profoundly active.

He'd take a nap later.

"My name is Ghalati. I serve the King." He nodded his head and sighed, sitting down near her.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:47 pm
“I don't mind telling you what I found,” She said excitedly. Sharing her findings was something she loved doing. “I was looking at a gem in the water. I've never seen a gem quite like this. I'm glad I found it.” Isuara said, thinking of what she could do with the gem. She did not want it just to sit around and collect dirt. If anything, maybe she could trade a merchant for something.

It was a shame that it had been such a dangerous find. Hopefully the rest of her finds wouldn't be as difficult.

Her eyes went big when he said he served the king. “I bet you have been on plenty adventures then! I hardly ever wander too far from my home, unless it is to gather plants or other things. You must get to see a lot of the lands by helping out the king.” As she talked she kept eying the water, just in case the crocodile wanted to come back out. “I think when I go out searching for things that I will avoid this area. That or I should pay more attention.” She gave a small laugh, thinking of all the times she had gotten herself into situations because she wasn't paying attention.

Her attention went back Ghalati. She felt that she owned him big time for saving her. It wasn't ever day her life was in danger. “Is there something I can do for you. I hate being in anothers debt. Maybe I could hunt you a meal or something?” She wasn't quite sure what to offer. There weren't too many things she was good at, other then at identifying plants.

Lithia_Brandon
Now I'm the one who is sorry about the late tag. xD From now on I should have more time to do tags though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:39 pm
Club Snails

Ghalati tilted his head in wonder, then sighed and nodde his head.

"It is a nice stone. But I don't think it's worth risking your life over... not that you knew you were doing it... well. Just be careful."

The idea that he went on many adventures seemed to just make him feel tired, and he sighed as he nodded his head. "Yes, I get sent out on quests often enough. Usually just protecting someone that is traveling this way or that. Nothing too big. Perhaps I should be protecting you, on your explorations."

He did not look like he was being sarcastic, though his tone was so even it was very difficult to tell if he felt emotions at all. He did look at her, though, and his eyes reflected a measured level of concern and interest.

"No debt, I was doing my duty. Though if you wanted to catch us something...." it would save him having to do it. He made a face. "No, I can catch us something to eat. Maybe it will be better if we just head somewhere a little further from the banks."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:35 pm
Isuara let out a soft laugh. She hoped that she wouldn't do something so foolish again. Dying over the gem probably would have been a disgrace for her. She didn't think too much about death and what happened afterward. It didn't seem to important at the moment. Instead she preferred to live in the now, thinking about the many projects she wanted to start and finish. “I'll do my best to be careful.” She said with a nod.

She felt herself get embarrassed when he offered to protect her on her outing. No one had ever offered to go with her before and the thought of having someone around was different for her. “Well, I don't think I need someone. I mean I don't usually get in situations like this. It only happens a couple times.” She gave Ghalati an akward smile. “But if you want to come with me, I wouldn't mind. I would never stop someone from accompanying me, especially if it meant having someone to talk to.”

She nodded her head. “Maybe we can hunt together, but I agree that we should move.”

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:03 am
Club Snails

Ghalati nodded his head patiently, watching her with interest. It was his duty to protect others, but he didn't really enjoy it. He didn't not like it either, it was just... his life. It was like breathing, he supposed. He didn't like it, one way or the other.

At the moment, though, he liked it.

It was strange, he didn't spend much time just talking to others so he didn't really notice that he could actually get enjoyment out of it. He even smiled at her, though it was small and measured.

When she said she wouldn't mind him coming with her, though, he perked up a bit more.

"Then I will accompany you. There's some good hunting over that ridge, I saw the herds earlier. Thank you."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Tokakinji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas