Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was mid morning, and Matemoto was trying to get himself ready for the worst heat of the day. That mainly was just....checking in on his siblings, seeing if they needed anything, socializing. Honestly, Matemoto wasn't really sure of what he was doing. He just hunted to keep his family fed, and from there whoever needed a meal. He was not ambitious enough to enter into the military, but sometimes he wished that he had something more to do.

He couldn't even play uncle to anyone!

Well, at least he made sure everyone who needed food got something. Hunting could be harsh out here in the desert, but once the sun's heat was cooled it wasn't too terrible.

"Maybe I need to see if there are any hunting parties going out later," he said to himself, glancing around at some of the lethargic lions lying around.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:52 pm
User Image

Huozin might have been lying around, but he was content with his position for the moment. There should be a hunt later in the day, once the heat had passed, and no one had challenged him to a duel thus far. He was still somewhat confused by his last one, which had come out of nowhere due to the younger male's bad temper.

Unlike the red-maned black lion, Huozin didn't much care what his family needed. Yes he was related to them, but he didn't feel he owed them much of anything. Not to mention that most of his siblings were Hunters in their own right and so why should it be his job to feed them?

They ignored each other when they passed, and that was just fine with him.

The red lion watched the black one who seemed to be more awake and more active than the rest in this area.

"Save your energy," he advised the other.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:58 pm
Matemoto's ears swiveled before he locked eyes with the one that spoke. To him? Probably, everyone was being quiet, though their movements weren't necessarily silent.

"Really? Are there hunting parties already formed?" he was surprised to hear that, though he wasn't as social as he could be, and could have missed out on the formations earlier. Though they weren't part of the military-arm of the pride, there still was some semblance of organization that Matemoto sometimes missed out on.

"If that is so, thank you for letting me know, mister....?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:02 pm
The lion shook his head slowly, white mane gently moving in the slight breeze his action created. It was starting to get too hot out to exert much effort unless if one's honor was on the line. Which it wasn't, so no need to get antsy.

"You should know by now, nothing will be organized until after sunheight," he told the black lion. The other male looked familiar enough, though he had no idea the other's name. Which reminded him...

"I'm Huozin," he added, answering the other's not-quite question.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:09 pm
"Oh," Matemoto shrugged his shoulders. "Once in a while I find itchy hunters who want to plan something out, but I guess that is pretty rare." Resting from the worst of the heat usually took up a lot of energy. His black coat was not forgiving in the hot sun, but a white lion caught in the sun's bright rays would suffer more than he. This red lion was...perhaps in the middle of that road.

"Matemoto," the black and white lion said with a small grin. "Thank you for settling my own apprehensions, Huozin. At least now I should be able to relax until the suns reclines."

Huozin's red coat should strike familiar, but it seemed more common for red coats to be around than the fireless ones like Matemoto's own. That would bring teasing from some other lions, but he didn't let it get to him. At least his mane made him look more 'warm' than those who were purely black and white.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:13 pm
The red lion snorted. "Overachievers." In his opinion, that sort should be Soldiers, not Hunters. Hunters had a job that was vital to the existence of the pride. Soldiers, particularly ambitious ones, had a much better chance of rising in rank.

Not to mention they could be spared quite easily.

But that was just his opinion and no one had asked for it and he had no real interest in volunteering it. It wasn't even an opinion Huozin felt particularly strongly about, simply a thought he'd had at one time or another. Maybe even more than once.

Some Firekin held onto their anger, no matter the reasons. Some nursed grudges for years on end. Huozin couldn't really see the point of it all, but he supposed whatever worked for them.

"No problem," he replied to Matemoto in good time. It would be rude to mention the problems a lion with fur that dark was likely to encounter in the desert, and no doubt that the other male was well aware of them, given that he had the look of one born here.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm
Matemoto laughed. "Maybe! Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition when hunting, though." Sometimes that was the only way to make it through a bad hunting trip. It was never fun to return home with nearly nothing to feed the pride.

"I suppose I'll try again once I find a good place to rest. Do you ever find trouble finding a good spot for a midday nap?" He was getting a good sense of Huozin now, and thought that he didn't. He seemed like he knew what he wanted and didn't beat around the bush to get it! Admirable in any lion, Matemoto thought.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:33 pm
The red lion rolled his shoulders slightly in a minimum effort shrug. "One spot is as good as another," he answered. Really, it didn't matter much. Some spots were rockier than others...but rocks held in heat as well or better than sand, even if they made for a slightly more uncomfortable position. Sand, on the other paw, could and would get into every crevice of fur imaginable, though it made a much smoother bed.

So really, every spot in the whole desert was just as good and just as bad as any other. It wasn't that Huozin ever had trouble finding a good spot, it was that he didn't care to differentiate any one spot from all the others.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:48 pm
"Well, I guess that's a good way to look at it." He glanced around, noticing that some of the other lions were getting even more lethargic. He could feel the heat, but Matemoto was feeling childish in his urge to ignore it. It wasn't healthy, but he still wasn't ready to have to deal with the heat!

"Good talking to you, Huozin. Maybe we'll meet up again in a hunting party in the future? Could be a lot of fun..." As well they could and should be! Matemoto could be annoyingly fun, as his brother had probably jabbed him with some time in the past.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:51 pm
The red lion nodded in return. "And you, for I'm sure we will," he replied. There might be a great many Hunters and Huntresses in the pride, but there weren't so many that it was unlikely for him to ever see Matemoto again. Sooner or later they would cross paths, whether intentionally or not.

If it was intentional though, it would almost certainly be the black lion's doing. Huozin tended to not exert any effort that wasn't strictly called for, whether it be for moving in the heat of the day, socializing, or anything else in life.

He wasn't lazy though, and no one would ever mistake his bulk for flab instead of muscle. He just didn't see any reason to put forth more effort than he needed to.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces