Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It had been just over a day since the stranger lion had appeared. She had been careful when saying where he had come from, but she did not lie to anyone. He had merely heard the whispering stories of their pride, and got a liiiittle bit lost on his way to find them. She couldn't blame them, it was even rare for anyone in the Aka'mleli to breach the mountains.

"So you're on your way out?" she asked quietly, her toes tapping at the lush ground below her. She didn't really look at him too much, but mainly because she just wasn't sure on how she felt. She had spent so much time trying to find an avian companion, and now that she found one (not really) and his lion friend, they were leaving already. Clearly she was just meant to be alone, at least in this point of her life. Boo hoo, all alone, ect ect. She had to remind herself that her siblings were alone, to a point, as well. At least she had her parents and her home to belong to.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:38 pm
User Image

Yareha nodded in response to the lioness' question. It had been a fairly interesting and educational day since he'd met Kilua. He and Latitare had heard the myth about the pride's relationship with the avians and even if the white lion gave the story little credence, he couldn't deny the respect and care avians were viewed with in these mountains. It was...a welcome change.

"Yes, though of all the places I've seen on my journey, this is the first I would ever want to return to," he confided. And not just because he and the eagle had felt so welcome in these lands. There was, after all, this beautiful lioness before him, whom he had NOT slept with, had not even hinted that there were ways to pass time beyond conversation to and he only hoped that if he should return, it would be to find her happier than she was now.

Latitare was circling above them, talking to other birds or just exulting in the air currents and their sudden changes. They had both seen the naked longing Kilua showed to any avian and had quietly agreed to do what they could to not make things worse for her.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:46 pm
Kilua laughed. "Well, if you can make it through the mountains again!" Though there weren't even aftershocks anymore, most of the pride always wondered if another strong earthquake would strike again, altering their land once more. At one point it was nearly impossible to reach their pride, but now it was doable, if difficult.

"You'll go back to the wild, unclaimed lands? Isn't that...frightening? The most we have to worry about here is a wayward rock slide after a strong rainstorm." It seemed to risky, but Kilua had never left the valley. She never really had a desire to do so, either.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:56 pm
The white lion laughed with her. "If I do make it back here, through the mountains again, I probably won't be willing to leave after that!" he joked, making light of the difficulty of the terrain. Truthfully, there was so much that could go wrong and very little of it would Latitare be able to help him with if it came to it.

"There may be more to fear out there," Yareha admitted, "but I'm not yet ready to settle down in any one place. There's still so much out there for me to learn!" he explained, gesturing widely with one forepaw. Yes, there were all sorts of people out there who would attack him for reasons he could only guess at, not to mention those who simply weren't out there to help anyone at all, but safe as the Aka'mleli was, it was so very isolated that he was afraid of that too. Even when he'd kept to the Mwezi, there were still so many rogues passing by. He felt he'd miss that variety, did he choose to remain here.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:11 pm
Kilua's eyes widened when he was saying that there was so much to learn, gesturing widely about them. "Ohhh." She sort of believed him, but part of her still had a touch of doubt. Why take the risk?

"You're a risky one, Yareha," she said with a nod. "There's much to learn here too, but....if you're so certain about leaving, then I guess it cannot be helped." She wasn't a very persuasive lioness, too softspoken to really get heated in anything, even a debate!

"Latitare will probably guide you back easier than the first time, huh?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:19 pm
Yareha grinned crookedly at the lioness. "I think my education is best served by continuing to meet new people that I may or may not see again at this point." Not to mention the temptations everywhere and how much harder they would be to overcome if he got too settled in mind and body.

"Oh, I'm sure. Latitare has never once been lost in his life, so I know we can always come back," he assured Kilua.

And he was pretty sure that they would both have their own reasons for wanting to return here.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:26 pm
"Oooooh." That was starting to turn into her catch-phrase, but she hadn't really ever met a stranger before, so Yareha was interesting to her. The newness, what he had to say about the outside lands, and that he was leaving made him so interesting to talk to.

"I guess that's true. I've met a lot about things beyond Aka'mleli's reach...but I have to admit, I still don't have must interesting in leaving..." It still seemed too terrifying for her, but her bad luck might follow her out there. No, she'd stay here until she got her avian companion, no matter what some of the other pride members liked to gossip about in terms of Kilua's clear immaturity of not having one.

"But Latitare will guide you guys back. I'm certain you'll run across the mountains again, in your travels."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:30 pm
"I see no reason why you should have to leave these mountains, if you don't want to," the white lion reassured her. Kilua hadn't spoken much about her past and he had respected that, trying to appear more interested in the pride than this representative member. He didn't know if he'd succeeded, but he hoped he could at least make this parting easier on her.

"Yes, I am quite certain we'll return here. Perhaps then you'll know of our coming ahead of time," Yareha offered. He could see how it cut at her, to not have an avian partner of her own. The lion reasoned that when that bird came, it would be so perfect that neither Kilua nor bird would be able to imagine life with a different partner.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:34 pm
The green lioness laughed, her deep violet eyes sparkling. "Yes, because I'll spot Latitare and tell him to come to me! Then we'll see how long it takes for you to reach the two of us."

She worked through her laughter, slowly calming herself down. She knew what Yareha was hinting at, and it was a possibility. Kilua just needed to be positive. Perhaps if she stopped trying to seem so empty inside, her avian friend would finally come to her.

"Well, maybe not. I'm sure he wouldn't be too happy if you got your paws on him after that," she said, trying to suppress anymore giggles.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:38 pm
Yareha shook his head with amusement. "Oh, how you mock me!" he cried out in false sorrow. "Seducing even my dearest friend away from me!" A loud snort drifted down from the winds above.

It was good that they could joke like this, and be friendly. And still have nothing significant between them otherwise. If he could do this with all the attractive, single lionesses he encountered, Yareha would be in a good position.

Though, he had to admit, at least to himself, there probably weren't many out there like Kilua.

"I'd have to catch him off guard and pounce him," the lion reflected. "But he is such a fast little fellow, I don't know if it would work."  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:43 pm
"Well, if I could seduce your avian companion, then I think you'd be in a lot of trouble!" Kilua loved birds, like most of her fellow pride members, but the fact that he was joking about it too was nice.

"You never know. All you have to do is offer him a little too much food and he'd get a little sluggish..." Perhaps it was best that Latitare wasn't nearby right now, they were plotting his demise!

"Hehe, but seriously, you will have to come back and tell me stories of all these new strangers that you haven't quite met yet," she pleaded.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:48 pm
Yareha laughed aloud at that. "No, Latitare takes his flight very seriously. If he ever had trouble flying, he would likely refuse to eat any more than necessary for days!" The lion made a show of looking around conspiratorially before adding more to that statement. "Between you and me, I would prefer it, as I shouldn't have to hunt for his meals too in that case!" There was a louder snort than before from above, but otherwise no response from the soaring eagle.

His smile faded somewhat as Kilua's voice took a turn towards seriousness. Yareha nodded solemly.

"I promise, I will come back to you," he swore to the green and white lioness. Then he smiled, forcing the mood back somewhere in a more cheerful realm.

"However, in order to return, I must first leave. So, let us bid you farewell and be off and on our way!"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:51 pm
Her ears swiveled, a little bit started to hear him promise. Had she implied that? She didn't want to force him to risk himself over a promise so she could hear stories....

"Yes," she said quietly for a moment. It took her a moment to realize that he was really leaving now. "Farewell!"

She sat and watched him leave, his eyes watching the skies above for his eagle companion that sure looked a lot like him....

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games