Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[FIN] Land of Birds (Kilua, Latitare, Yareha Afaer)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:20 pm
User Image

Well. When Thaddaeus and Asante had said this bird pride lived in the mountains, Yareha had not fully appreciated that meaning. Now, however, he understood on a whole different level. That which spoke of terrain that took days to cross the same distance south to north that could be run in mere hours over a plain. The white lion had never seen anything like it.

Truth be told, he wasn't entirely certain why he was so determined to find this pride and to learn about them. He'd made his way from the Mwezi'Johari avoiding all prides, packs and coalitions on the way. Why now should he change his ways?

Well...actually, he'd been changing a lot of his ways of late. Or...trying to. Now that he knew there were some very good reasons to change them. Also because if he changed, he would become less attached to that lion he'd been, who'd been exiled from the pride of his birth.

Latitare was in his element. These mountains created intersting and challenging twists of air that simply could not be found above the plains, the forest or even the desert. The eagle was simply enjoying soaring and wheeling, diving and climbing.

Not to mention he was as eager as Yareha to learn about this pride. He'd heard rumors, passed from beak to beak, of a pride that had been blessed by the Goddess of Birds. To be here, to meet them, it was something of a lifelong dream for the white eagle.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Walking carefully, as Kilua was very lady-like, the bright eyed lioness was greeting the day with the same devotion she did every day. She wandered towards the edge of the valley that the Aka'mleli called home, safe with the protections of the mountains all around them. She...always hoped that a bird would finally, finally come to her. She felt so alone, everyone with their own avian companion, and she was still without one. She felt left out, and though she didn't hold resentment towards Hestia, Goddess of the Birds, it was hard to not wonder if somehow she had done something wrong.

"Oh?" she held onto her breath for a moment, seeing a bird flying in the sky that she had never seen before. Was this it? Would things change for her?

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:36 pm
Keen yellow eyes picked out the movement of the white and green lioness below. At first, he'd thought the brush was moving, but then he'd seen that the green was merely markings, and far too straight and regular to be any plant. But it was definitely a lion - an adult from the size and a female from her lack of a mane.

Latitare circled back to his partner in order to share his findings.

The white lion was interested to hear that a lion had been spotted at last, though he was still somewhat nervous as to whether Latitare had seen a representative of the elusive bird pride...or if the pride had seen them first. It wasn't a question Yareha would have considered before. But since the unexpected danger of the rogue black lion, he'd felt that a bit more caution was warranted. Especially when he didn't know the land, didn't know the terrain and above all else, knew nothing more than bare rumor of the pride.

For all he knew, they could be violent and warlike.

Still, he had to know. And so the eagle led and the lion followed as they both moved towards the unknown lioness.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 pm
Oh. The eagle left. So....not for her. Would that day ever come?

Instead of giving up and returning back to her family, she decided to linger out here again. Maybe it would come back, and bring a friend? Maybe that bird friend would be for her? She really wasn't certain how this bonding thing would happen, but it was clear with the lack of clutches that no new chicks were to be for her, so it had to be a wild born avian that decided to come here.

So she continued to stand, though she would stroll around here and there, poking around at some of the rocks to see if there might be another stone matching those that she wore. The mountain had such bounty, and hopefully it would continue to produce.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:52 pm
There, just as Latitare had said, was the lioness. She was actually one of the prettiest Yareha had ever seen, and he could feel desire rising. It had been rather a long time...

No. No, he couldn't, wouldn't do that. Facio had explained that every night spent with a lioness was the chance that he might have more cubs that he didn't know of and couldn't care for. Those lionesses, and especially those cubs, deserved better than that. Besides, hadn't that been such a staple of his life before, the life he was trying to distance himself from? What better way to do so than to be chaste?

He'd better speak up soon, the better to distract himself from his thoughts.

"Hello," Yareha offered quietly. "I was told that there is a pride living in these mountains...having something to do with birds?"

Of course he'd never lead his partner wrong, so Latitare was even less surprised than Yareha when the lioness finally came into view. She looked...sad. Distracted. The eagle wondered what ailed her as he fluttered down to perch on the white lion's broad back.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:04 pm
"Oh!" Kilua was startled when it seems like...that eagle...brought a lion? She looked crestfallen for a moment, but did her best to change that into a polite smile. This was a stranger, clearly, and he was probably lost. That happened a lot.

"Ah, yes, actually," she said, flushing slightly at the thought that they were usually called 'the bird pride' by outsiders with their close ties to the avians that lived here. "Were you....looking for us? The Aka'mleli?" She tried to not look too nervous, but there were always risks in talking to outsiders about the pride, at least from the stories she was raised on.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:10 pm
The white lion smiled, tried not to think of how many lionesses' comapny that smile had won him, and answered as honestly as he could.

"I never heard a name, but I was told your lands were nearby," and what a lie that was, what with all the bloody mountains around, "and found myself curious." At the sudden, familiar weight on his back, Yareha's smile turned sheepish. "I mean to say that we were curious, my partner and I." No, it wouldn't do to forget the eagle, not after all this time. He'd grown too accustomed to Latitare hanging back and contribuiting nothing to the conversation between lions. It was not always a bad thing, but he should never treat the bird as anything less than his partner.

"Thanks for remembering me," Latitare added, rolling his eyes and giving the lion a light peck on the head. He couldn't see past the thick golden yellow mane, but he could certainly feel the fur down there!

"I am Latitare, and my partner is Yareha Afaer," the eagle continued, since it was clear that introductions were not foremost on the lion's mind. What was, well, Latitare could guess and only hope that the white lion would continue to discipline himself.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:21 pm
Kilua's eyes turned to the eagle, her gaze a little too strong at him. "Yes. Well. Around here, you never forget your avian companion. They're your other half, something that fills your being more than even a mate could." She sighed, diverting her eyes before letting them return to the white male. He seemed nice enough, though she wasn't relaxed enough to be entranced by his charming ways.

"You've made your way through the rough mountains. The least I could do is offer you a guide towards a water source, to rest. Its not easy getting into our large valley that holds our small pride."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:26 pm
Yareha found himself surprised by her kindness and openness, her willingness to lead them right into the heart of the pride. But then...weren't the Mwezi like that? He hadn't tended towards bringing guests in further, the point of that was a privacy unknown within the pride, but had he changed so much in his travels that this act of kindness surprised him? The white lion couldn't be certain if this was for good or ill.

"Our thanks," he told her, accepting her offer. "It would be good to rest, and to drink."

"And to learn more of a pride that values those with wings more highly than even the loveliest fur-clad mate," Latitare couldn't resist a slight dig at Yareha. Oh yes, he knew that this lioness was everything his partner liked to see in a female. But he was also proud that the white lion had not done anything to indicate more than a cheerful respect.

"Might you tell us your name?" the eagle prompted, since she had either overlooked that detail or left it out deliberately. He hoped it was the former.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:47 pm
She dipped her head. "You're welcome...." Her voice dropped, feeling a bit shy. This would be ok, right? She couldn't imagine her grandfather being too upset about helping a stray lion. He helped Lomasi, certainly she could do the same.

"Ah, I'm Kilua. Its nice to meet you two." She smiled a little more confidently at them, feeling a touch more comfortable. "Birds are everything here. They worship Hestia, though us as lions don't necessarily offer our devotion. Just respect for her who protects our feathered friends and companions."

She laughed lightly. "But I can explain more on the way to the watering hole! Follow me, it isn't too much further from here."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas