Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] On strange tides~ (Ciro'mekaitso x. Mii'ah)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:04 pm
User Image

Golden eyes scanned the new surroundings. The grass was dying, and in its place, soft grainy sand was beginning to slip in between the browning blades. Ciro hmphed a bit at this; while he disliked the feeling of the sharp blades of grass under his callusing paws, the softness of the earth made it extra difficult to walk through. He’d feel every muscle in his body work as his paws gripped the almost nonexistent turf.

Another thing that Ciro had noticed, seemed to be a trail of paw prints in the dirt. Any lion who had ventured this way would be brave. To lurk across unfamiliar land was one thing, but to do so in unfamiliar feel of ground was another. It was either brave, or something very stupid.

The male examined the prints. They seemed fresh, as fresh as one who wasn’t familiar with the terrain could tell. The question was, should he follow them or not?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:17 pm
User ImageMii'ah had become more and more daring as each day passed. Long gone was the doe-eyed female out to prove herself to anyone that doubted her. In her place was a strong-willed female with a fire in her heart out to protect whatever she thought important. So she made it a point to venture further and further outside of the Firekin bordered, taking upon the simple task of a scout, only she could fend for herself should trouble arise.

And she never ventured so far that she could not be found easily by someone else. If needed, which she hoped would never be the case.

She knew that Xipil, or Fia even should she hear wind of this, would likely chastise her for her recklessness but she knew that it was more than that. It went deeper than that. The war raged on and the Neguri were trying harder to sway them to their side. It made her blood boil.

Going on brief scouting missions were the only thing that truly kept her in check since her main companions were frequently occupied with other tasks.

Suddenly she tensed, her body on high alert as she swore she saw a shadow of another person. She turned in a slow circle, claws extending and retracting in the sand. "Who's there?"

Nuxaz

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:38 pm
Nuxaz

He decided to follow; it probably wasn’t one of the better ideas the large lion had, but one never knew anything until they tried. He stuck out like a sore thumb on the sand, his black pelt doing very little to blend with the surroundings. At night he could be a phantom shadow, but in the daylight, he was just a moving mass on the dunes.

Ciro spotted the maker of the tracks, and decided to stopped following them that instant. He wasn’t stealthy, for the lioness was already beginning to turn around, making it known she had indeed heard, seen or smelled him. His nose crinkled a bit, eyes narrowing the slightest.

“Red Crow of the Sun.” The lion spoke his meaning, rather than his actually name. Why introduce yourself to a stranger, when they do not introduce themselves to you first.

“I was merely tracking these prints to see what feline would venture out here,” for Ciro, he had not heard of the Firekin pride before, so to think this female was a part of a pride would have surprised him to say the least.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:05 pm
The lioness scowled when he "introduced" himself. She cared little for his name and even less for any game he might be playing. "Enough with the games," she snarled, tone more aggressive than intended but the stress of the war was wearing on her. "You are in dangerous lands male, I suggest you chose your words carefully," she warned, green eyes narrowing in suspicion.

She stood tall, proudly, in the sand having grown accustomed to it after living in it for so long. She could tell that he was not familiar with the sands when she looked down at his paws and then to the trail of prints behind him. "You have no idea what you might be dealing with do you?" She asked, expression softening slightly and her head tilting to the left.

"You are lucky that one of my more aggressive pride mates did not come across you," she told him something of a snort escaping her. "You are close to the borders of the Motoujamii-Simo. I would tread carefully."

KasaiLoki

Nuxaz

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:20 pm
Nuxaz

Ciro’s eyes narrowed, but kept his thoughts silent. The female was angered for some reason; surely it wasn’t just from him treading on the unknown territory. He prepared himself though, mentally, just in case the lioness decided to alleviate some of her frustration on him.

“Perhaps you can grace me as to telling me just exactly what I am dealing with?” He gaze too softened. He surely meant no harm, but he surely was prepared for anything.

“Consider your words heeded, but alas, the Motoujamii-simo pridelands are of foreign tongue to me.” He looked back to where she looked upon, spotting his own tracks mingling in the sand. He was just like the female now, not hiding tracks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:22 pm
The red cat needed to remind herself that even she knew little of the Motoujamii-simo until she found herself in the depths of the desert. Then again as a child she heard tales of the Firekin, that term was a more familiar one and perhaps one that the male would know. "We are also known at the Firekin. We are a pride of warriors," she informed him, eying him carefully unsure of what to think of him.

Though Mii'ah was on edge she was no fool, despite her more aggressive behavior she wouldn't attack unless she thought he was about to strike. She had always been more of a defensive dueler than aggressive. She had learned that, at times, it was better to bide your time than to strike without abandon.

"We are a strong, fierce pride. Once feared though times have changed us slightly..." she paused lowering her gaze but never fully taking her eyes off of him. "What are you doing out here in the sands?" She would question him, inquire as to his motives and then perhaps she would apologize for coming off strong. But in times of war one could never be too cautious.

KasaiLoki

Nuxaz

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:02 pm
Ciro mused quickly. Ah, he had indeed heard of the firekin. Good to know he was near the lands. He needed to tread carefully; although never meeting a member before now, the stories he heard were enough to put him on edge.

She seemed to be loosening up, but he remained cautious as she did.

“I remember the stories,” he heard of the pride before the changes. What was of it now he knew not, except it did bear an official name it seemed.

“Curiosity.” He said simply. “I mean no ill will.” Wasn’t there a saying about how curiosity killed the cat? If he treaded further into the unknown territory, it just very well may kill him.

“Although you mention about being once feared, what has changed to make you less fearful?” Ciro’mekaitso inquired. He didn’t want to be feared, but to be a part of something great? He could find a calling for that.

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:57 pm
"Because there is no longer the threat of becoming a slave should you cross the path of a Firekin," the lioness replied with certainty. The fearsome tales of the Firekin had tapered out but still present in the prides with former slaves, with older members who were aware of the ever present threat. "Remove the threat of lifelong servitude then fear dwindles out. Do not be fooled though," she warned standing taller, fire shining in her green eyes. "We are still a fierce pride, a force to be reckoned with."

She stepped toward him, her steps in the sand smooth and certain. She had been walking on it for some time now. It no longer burned her paws, they had become calloused, conditioned to withstand the heat the grains would collect. She hardly slid across the slippery sands without intention. Battles had been conducted, she learned to be adaptable. To fight smoothly, seamlessly on the ever shifting terrain.

"We are warriors."

KasaiLoki

Nuxaz

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:06 pm
Ciro listened carefully as she explained just who or what the Firekin exactly was. He nodded, his face void of any kind of emotion. He wasn’t scared of her words, nor was he excited by them. He took them as they were, noting how passionate she became.

He did not move as she neared him. She had not made a move to attack yet, why should he fear her now.

Warriors Ciro thought to himself, something flashing in his golden eyes. He didn’t want to be feared, but he knew he wanted to be something. Something great.

The dark lion finally took a step back, away from the lioness and the lands that she prided from. “And if one wants to become a part of the warriors?”

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:30 pm
"You would have to undergo trials," she replied cautiously. She had yet to determine how she felt about this stranger. "The Regents will determine if you are welcome in the lands and then...then you must fight for acceptance." She recalled her own trial for acceptance. The multiple defeats and finally, the oh-so sweet victory and her own placing within the ranks of the militia.

"You must win a duel against a preexisting member, if you do not win then you must duel repetitively until you do," she explained, green eyes locking on gold. "Understand that this is not an easy task," she paused trying to evaluate him. "But one that provides a great experience."

KasaiLoki

Nuxaz

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:41 pm
Nuxaz

Ciro’mekaitso nodded at her words. He wasn’t in the best of fighting strength at the moment, so even dwelling on the subject of joining the pride would have to wait until later. He’d bulk up a little, and let the muscles that he already bore become stronger.

“I can already tell you I heed the challenge of a duel as no easy task,” any fight was a difficult one and every fight held some kind of benefit other than battle scars to show your strength. “However, it is one that I feel will one day cross my path, but not today,” Ciro back tracked his steps, moving from Mii’ah just a bit more.

“Ciro’mekaitso,” he had finally introduced, giving a slight bob to his head. “I feel since you have expressed your pride to me, it is only beneficial for me to give you some kind of knowledge for yourself.”

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:37 pm
"I suggest you prepare thoroughly," she cautioned, reminded of how she had to participate in not one, but three duels. She wouldn't disclose such information though, because it embarrassed her. If only because she had prepared herself thoroughly. She had to attribute her loses to the fact that her opponent sat at a title just beneath that of a general.

He gave her his name and she found it only fair that she shared his. "Keahi," she offered, tasting her own name on her tongue carefully. It was a name more recently chosen for herself, it came with her comfort in her place in her pride. She felt a more firey name suited her than that of her birth name.

She sighed. "Though, when you stumble upon my home you may hear me called Mii'ah." It was a recent change and even she still struggled with remembering how to address herself. Mii'ah was apart of her identity and while her name had changed she would never forget it.

kasailoki

Nuxaz

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:25 pm
Nuxaz

Ciro heeded the female's words with caution. He definitely was in no way, shape or form ready to duel anyone. He'd train himself though, and present a challenge to someone will he felt himself confident enough to win.

"Well, Keahi...or Mii'ah... it has been somewhat of a pleasure." Though rocky at first, the meeting was rather beneficial for him, though he did not intend it to be that way.

His ears twitched at her words, about when he would stumble upon her home. One day he would, he was sure. Not today, tomorrow or in a week, but someday. He'd have to remember the name then.

"Until next time~" he hummed, turning away from the sandy borders, back to the browning grasses of the savannah. He'd try to become a part of the pride one day, but first, he needed to make sure he'd be ready for th at challenge.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games