Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lural

Vice Captain

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:30 pm
Argent couldn't deny he was curious about the man they had rescued from the blackbird. He had met the woman, Zephyr, and found her a pleasant sort. So what was the man she was so worried for like? Argent hadn't gone to see him while he was in the infirmary; his pride wouldn't let him express his curiosity. But when he'd heard the man was... well, not going to die, he decided to investigate. It wasn't like Argent hadn't gathered this man was important. Not with the fuss going on about him. So Argent decided, since the man wasn't dead, to see for himself why he was so important, and to see if he was worth the fuss. After asking Mother for the man's location, Argent had found himself going to the observation deck, and then heading to the man's room.

He was standing there for several minutes, wondering just what he'd say to the man. Then knocked.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:56 pm
Aren didn't really mind being disturbed during his 'work', but he wondered who might be visiting. Ghost had left a short while ago and wouldn't be back before evening, and Zephyr was out for a while. So the could only think about Slven, but he wasn't really sure the youth would visit him at all. Not with how he had reacted the last time they had met.
Shrugging, he turned to the door. "Come in."
There was a boy at the door Aren vaguely remembered. At least he thought he did, if that was one of the youngsters that had been part of the search party. The Kid seemed a bit unsure of why he was there, though. Well, he had that effect of making people nervous. Especially children.
"Hello, young man. Can I help you with something?"
He asked, putting down the papers before giving Argent a once-over, crimson gaze resting on the boys face. There was the same setting and attire Slven would find only a short while later, hardly a trace that the man had been almost dead only a week ago.  

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

Lural

Vice Captain

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:09 pm
When he was beckoned in, Argent entered the room, taking a quick stock of the room before looking at Aren. Well, now that the man wasn't pale from blood loss and clinging to Slven for dear life- nearly literally, he looked better. Argent tipped his head up as he looked at the man, the arrogant air of the young man returning, replacing his uncertainty. Right. He knew why he was here! He didn't know who this man was, and thus, couldn't trust him.

"Who are you?" He asked when prompted.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:18 pm
Aren stared at the boy for a moment. That was unexpected, really. He blinked a few times before he burst out laughing.
"Hah, that was a good one, kid. But I guess I can't blame you for not knowing me you're colony born, aren't you?"
That was what he liked about kids. They mostly said what they were thinking, not trying to hide anything behind a veil of lies and half truths.
"The name's Aren. You should've at least heard about me."  

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

Lural

Vice Captain

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:32 pm
"I've heard your name." He replied. Zephyr and Ghost had said it more then once. "But that doesn't tell me who you are. Sure you're one of us, that much is obvious. But how can I know you're to be trusted?" Not that he thought the man was in any shape to do them any harm, but he was healing, and who knew when he'd be on his feet, and able to do something to the ship, or the other genomes. And what about the natives?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:50 pm
Aren raised an eyebrow, his jovial smile turned into a smirk.
"You're a cautious one, aren't you? Good."
He was getting a little bit annoyed, but there was no reason to scare the kid. Yet.
"But you don't seem very bright. You should work on that. Knowing your history is important."
His sharp eyes got a slightly dangerous gleam, just enough to be a little intimidating and make the temperature around Argent seem to drop by a few degrees.
"And you should be careful not to insult your elders. I like children. But I don't take impertinence and disrespect lightly. Why you should trust me?" His smirk faded. "I'm your leader. No, I'm the Surpreme Leader to be more precise for you. The Emperor of this and any other Genome Colony. So I guess you'd better learn to trust me. And learn some respect."  

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

Lural

Vice Captain

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:29 pm
"No." The reply was simple and defiant. "Ghost is our leader, not you. You're a refugee just like us." He crossed his arms, ignoring the mild intimidation he felt. "You may have been emperor once, when we were nothing but weapons." Oh, he was thinking of what Ghost had said, and how genomes were more now. "But we're not weapons. We're free. We don't need an emperor." He was, in fact, saying we don't need you.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:50 pm
The elders eyes narrowed dangerously, all kindness gone from his features as his face turned to stone.
"Who do you think you have to thank for that freedom, you stupid child?" He growled. This kid was really testing his patience. "Who do you think selected Ghost to take care of you? He's no leader, he's a protector. He'll tell you the same, but don't think he'll take kindly to knowing you are standing here insulting me without having any idea what I gave up to ensure YOUR freedom."
Arens fist clenched. He had given up everything, and this was what he got in return? Children that knew nothing about him, about the past, and acted like they owed him nothing?
"You would still be a slave trained for war if it were not for me. I build this ship, I lead your brothers and sisters to safety."
He tried his best to keep his anger down, and while his voice softened, his eyes remained cold as steel.
"What do you take me for? A tyrant?"  

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

Lural

Vice Captain

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:48 pm
"I don't take you for anything. I don't know you. Ghost may not be a fighter, but he's been a good leader. If you picked him to lead us, there was obviously a reason for it." Argent was in deep now, and he knew it. But too late to turn back now. "I've read about what was sacrificed for our kind. But was your sacrifice ever greater than the sacrifices of others?" Of course, his education was limited to the impersonal records stored in Mother and in the library. "I haven't yet insulted you. I'm simply staying the facts." Or what he saw as fact. "Ghost is in charge of this ship, and those who reside within. The ship you commanded has been destroyed. As I see it, you're no different now then the rest of us."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:01 am
"You are obviously oblivious to the command structures here, kid." Aren sighed. He was getting bored of this conversation. "The Operator commands a ship. The Supreme Leader commands the Operators. Each of them. Easy enough to understand for you, isn't it?"
He frowed, staring at the impertinent child.
"And you really need to work on your manners. Usually you introduce yourself before asking another to do so."
It was obvious that he was about to say something else, but he didn't get to as the door slid open again, said Operator entering with an unfamiliar disapproving frown on his face. Obviously Mother had informed him about Argent getting himself knee deep into trouble. There wasn't much going on on the ship that he wouldn't be made aware of.
"Argent." Ghosts voice was gentle but with a dangerously cold undercurrent that none of the children had ever heard him use. "What do you think you are doing?"  

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

Lural

Vice Captain

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:43 pm
Argent frowned. No, he knew ho was in charge. To him, it was only Ghost. If they weren't weapons needing a leader to unite them, this genome was just another man, nothing more. He was about to tell Aren exactly who he was when the door opened. Hearing Ghost's voice made Argent's blood run cold. More intimidating then this... supreme leader could ever be was that disapproving tone in Ghost. His head turned slowly to look ay Ghost, steel-grey eyes wide as he looked at the operator. What was he doing? He'd come to see who this man really was, but... something about him made Argent angry, and he didn't like the elder, laid up in bed. His mouth opened then closed as he tried to think.

Why am I here? What am I doing?

"...Getting... a history lesson." He finally managed to mumble. Oh, he was being 'schooled' alright.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 pm
"Maybe you should get a lession in respect first." Aren snorted, arms crossed, but a hint of amusement returning to his voice. "Good for you, getting rescued. I wouldn't have minded smacking some sense into you."
Closing the door behind him, Ghost frowned a little at Argent before passing him and walking over to Aren, taking a seat on the bed. "I'm sure he didn't mean to insult you." The elder rubbed the bridge of his nose, lips curving into a light grin. "Sure he didn't. You're too lenient with those kids. Or maybe it's just that little rascal over there? Bet you told him a word or two about how all of us are free now and he runs around thinking he can do whatever he wants to."
He was pretty sure that was exactly what Ghost had done. "Not that there is anything wrong with teaching the children that we are no longer weapons, no longer slaves. But no colony, no government can exist and flourish without a leader to guide and protect it, a foundation."
Ghost nodded and turned his gaze back to Argent, mild disapproval still evident on his face. "Aren is right, you know. I'm a substitute leader, like any Operator is. The Supreme Leader guides and protects all of us, he is the one who freed us, everyone who has survived the war knows that. He is the spirit and the law that holds us together. Freedom is fine and noone's going to take that from you, but every nation needs rules. He is the one who makes those rules, and each of us old enough to know him can tell you that he will never abuse his power." He sighed. "You should absolutely not continue to insult him. You who have no memory of the war and what we had to endure have no right to do so."  

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

Lural

Vice Captain

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:11 am
Argent frowned, his face tipping downward as Ghost walked past. He wanted to say he didn't insult the other- at least it hadn't been his intent to. But he felt a deep dislike for the one-legged genome all the same. "We had a leader, even before you came here." He said, not looking at the men. "Ghost was doing just fine guiding us! Ghost might not want to be much of a fighter anymore. When I get bigger... I'd protect us!" But when Ghost brought up insulting Aren again, he finally looked at them. "I never insulted him!" Argent snapped. Why did he just raise his voice at Ghost? "You've both said it now. I wasn't in the war. I don't know him. I'm not going to blindly trust him just because you think it's something I should do." His eyes turned sharp for a moment. "I'll give him my respect when he's earned it from me."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:07 pm
"That's about enough, Argent." Ghosts eyes had narrowed dangerously, irritation very clear in his voice by now. He was still trying his best to keep it level though. "He doesn't need to prove his worth or earn your respect. He's done enough to ensure that already."
It was very clear that Argent hat overstepped his boundaries by far. Ghost wasn't one easily angered. And to say that he was livid was an understatement. Aren was quiet, face void of any expression, stone cold mask perfectly in place. But his crimson eyes were burning with barely concealed rage.
"You should go." Ghost told the unfortunate child. "Now." 'before any of us does something he will regret later' was the unspoken warning that followed.  

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

Lural

Vice Captain

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:22 pm
It was an odd thing to Argent when he realized his hands were shaking a little. When had that happened? He kept his gaze defiantly on the face of the operator he had admired. What was going on? It suddenly felt like some lunatic had possessed him and made him say things he knew he should regret! Finally, he took a step back from the men. When he turned to leave, he nearly ran into the door in his haste. His retreat was much like a child finding his parents to be unfair and unreasonable.

Argent locked himself in his room. This was all stupid Aren's fault! At least he tried to tell himself that. Whatever had just happened, what was happening now, Argent didn't understand! He sank down against the door, looking at his still trembling hands until he realized he had started to cry.  
[RP] - the place for all RP threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games