[PRP] Lazy Day (Arya, Sansa & ?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:14 am
Arya and her sister were adjusting in varying degrees in different ways; they had to grow accustomed to living within a pride lifestyle for the first time in their lives. They were adults, not cubs or even adolescents, and were thus rather set in their ways insofar as routines went. Arya, personally, was feeling rather sluggish and much like a kept cat. Her belly felt consistently full and her limbs were restless. No longer wandering day in and day out was making her lazy.

Speaking of lazy, her yellow eyes swung around to view her perfectly poised sister with a bit of amusement. Sansa was adjusting distressingly well to the chance of scenery, and her sudden domestication was a bit of a free for all so far as Arya was concerned. The lighter hued sister rolled onto her side with a soft sigh, flicking the air with the tip of her tail.

"What are you doing?"

Sansa looked up with her tongue half out of her mouth and pressed against the top of her forepaw, quirking a brow with interest before lifting her head to completely tom reply, "Cleaning myself. You should try it sometime, you're constantly dirty."

"And you're always clean, so what's the point?"

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:12 am
tuesdayscat

Cheneta was a merchant in the pride, and she enjoyed her business of trade quite a lot. But sometimes she liked to have a day off, as well, to just enjoy the scenery and to explore the pride she knew and loved so much. It had not been the place where she was born, but it had come to be her real, true home in a very short amount of time.

She did find she had strong feelings of loyalty, and that bled a little into bias and elitism. She felt strongly for her Toka blood, and their right to the lands. Druids did not register too highly in her regard, though she tried not to voice her opinions openly.

Unless they did something to deserve it.

She was padding along when she saw the two sisters together, and tilted her head in surprise. She'd never seen them before, and she did her best to know everyone who came to her stall in the market.

So obviously they were not her customers. Yet.

"Hello there!" She called, smiling brightly and bounding over.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:45 pm
Lithia_Brandon

The sisters had spent woefully little time in the markets since their arrival; they had little means for trading as of yet, and to be honest there was so very much to take in. Sansa was, of course, chomping at the bit to go look at what pretty things there were on offer, but Arya was mildly less inclined to waste her time window shopping.

Of course, if they bothered to spend quality time together they might even start to get along but until that point they were more apt to bicker like children.

One such altercation was on the up and up when a voice cut through the mounting tension. Their arguments were rarely violent or even lasting – quickly forgotten in a flurry of sisterly love. All the same, it was always excellent for the disagreement to never take place at all. "Hello," Arya offered, rolling up into her upright position once more to face the approaching stranger.

Sansa's response was, of course, ever the more graceful as she tilted her pretty dark head and swung her eyes up to the other lioness, "Good afternoon!" Her ears swiveled forward as she crossed her paws beneath her, making quite the perfect picture – as always. Arya narrowly managed to avoid rolling her eyes.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:03 pm
tuesdayscat

Cheneta smiled and nodded her head.

She was not the most graceful lioness herself, being raised by her mother alone and harboring a rebellious streak from that upbringing. Her mother was very quiet, and very kind, but she was shy and did not like taking too many risks. She had settled in her life, but urged her daughter to go out and explore in a way she had never been able to.

So Cheneta did, and she ended up here.

"I've never seen either of you two before! It's nice to meet new faces. Unless you're not new and I've just never seen you around my shop at the market!" She smiled and her ears were perked forward in interest. She didn't seem to mind the difference in the two, if she noticed at all.

She had no sisters, just one brother, so growing up had been quiet.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:26 pm
Lithia_Brandon

"Oh, we are new, actually." Sansa let her tail flop into the dirt lazily, still managing to maintain a picture perfect image as she smiled up at the stranger. "I'm Sansa, and this is my sister –"

"Arya." The pale lioness curled and uncurled her own tail as she looked the other female over with quiet curiosity. She was mildly unnerved that she had been surprised by her approach, but she was beginning to find in more ways than one that pride life was quickly getting the better of her. The idea of being a kept cat was becoming an increasing bother, "It is a pleasure to meet you."

Sansa was more interested in the other lioness's words than her appearance, and it was those same words that drove her into a seated position was well. She leaned forwards on one paw, ears perked with her own acute interest as she spoke, "You have a shop at the market? How wonderful – what is your trade?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:44 pm
tuesdayscat

"I trade dried meat for pretty stones! I've got a bit of a weakness for pretty stones, but I'll trade anything, really. There's always someone looking for something in specific and if I have it at my post then so much the better!" She laughed.

It was an interesting business, when no one thing had more value than others. They traded and bartered to their own ideas of wealth and value, trading usefulness and interest more than they were for gain or status. There was no way to become rich in the business, as it was, and no one seemed to think of the concept yet. They all had their personal goals and rules of their shops, guiding themselves and their customers so each experience at the market was slightly or grandly different to the last.

Not a terrible way to live, Cheneta found, and it certainly kept her busy and entertained.

She smiled at both Sansa and Arya, though she got a slightly better vibe from the former at the moment. Maybe it was because they were new and still adjusting? Cheneta did her best to be nice and welcoming, as it was good for business and, really, good on a personal level as well.

She just liked having friends, and not being alone any more than she had to.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:00 am
Lithia_Brandon

"Pretty stones?" Sansa's ears perked with interest as her sister expressed her own.

"Dried meat?" Arya turned her head towards the newcomer again before reaching out with one broad paw to smack the earth nearby, "Would you like to join us?" The darker lioness arched a brow at her sibling, but was pleased at the change of heart as a smile pulled at the corner of her lips.

The truth was that trade was beginning to interest Arya quite a bit. The notion of value and exchange was a novelty and she was painfully aware that she was unable to do certain things – she lacked the talent. She was a more than capable hunter, but baubles and things such as dried meat were beyond her. Luckily for her, her sister – who had far more social graces than she – picked up the interest and went with it, even if she made it her own.

"How did you get into that, exactly? Have you been doing it long?" Sansa smiled even as Arya tried to keep her face clear of irritation. The pale sister sprawled out again to listen.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:37 am
tuesdayscat

"I would love to!"

Cheneta moved closer and sat down, looking from one sister to the other. She shook her head, chuckling a bit as she got comfortable and considered their questions.

"Well! I haven't been doing it too long but I do think that its easy enough to get into! You find a space, set up your goods and you go for it! It takes some time for others to start noticing you but once they do you can start trading for all kinds of interesting things! Some lions go out into the rogue lands and find incredible, strange things from other lands to bring back to trade, and everyone clambers for them. It's fun!"

She really loved that part of it, and sometimes wondered about going out and treasure hunting herself, though that was a bit dangerous and she would probably wait until she had someone to go with her.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:41 pm
Lithia_Brandon

Arya nodded her head, satisfied that her invitation had not been rebuked though unsure how to respond to the other lioness' enthusiasm. Erring on the side of caution, she abstained from more reply than the simple head bob as she settled in once more for a listen. Her ears flicked to and fro as she absorbed the answers to her and her sister's inquiries, eyes darting to her darker sibling before looking again at their newest acquaintance,

"It sounds simple enough. It would be a good way to ingratiate ourselves with the pride." The pale female considered this, relaxing onto one side with a quiet noise of contentment.

Her sister was positively beaming. Disregarding the fact that she had little to offer by way of a market stall, the temptation of pretty novelties danced through her mind as her blue eyes lost a bit of their focus by way of daydreaming. "Sounds to me like you could start with very little and still get your paw in the door, so to speak. Perhaps some pretty baubles or pelts…" She trailed off, considering before focusing her eyes once more on the other, "It does sound like so much fun – and as my sister said, a good way to meet others."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:06 pm
tuesdayscat

Cheneta smiled brightly. She was glad to make new friends, certainly, and it was rare for her to find new members who had not already been taken under someone elses wing, or weren't already hunters or guards. Most wanted to serve the King, and he put them to work quickly enough.

Though she liked going out on quests as much as the next lion, if she was honest.

"I'm glad you two are interested! You don't even have to make it your one focus. Being a merchant, I mean. You can still do other things for the King, if you wanted to, and go out on quests and all that fun stuff. I really love it." She was gushing but she couldn't help herself.

"How about you come by tomorrow and I'll help you stake out a place? You can decide what you want to do with it whenever you want."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:00 pm
Lithia_Brandon

Arya had yet to decide whether she would like to focus on helping their king. She was endlessly indebted to the lion who had brought her and her sister to the pride, Talfrid, but she was still a bit attached to being her own lioness. She was not used to answering to someone else – besides her sister, but then she rarely took Sansa's opinion to heart.

"The king does not mind sharing his subjects?" A small smile crossed Arya's lips, meaning she meant nothing by the question. Her gaze swept across to her sister as she spoke.

"That would be wonderful! I would love to have a headstart on how to get everything started. What was your name again?" Sansa sat up as the other lioness spoke, both expressing interest and in preparation if the female was taking her leave. Her blue eyes crinkled as she beamed at the merchant, tail curling around her toes, "Thank you so much for your help. I'm looking forward to … to trying my paw at trade."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:12 pm
tuesdayscat

Cheneta didn't seem to notice the question for anything other than face value, shaking her head.

"The King expects loyalty, but he allows us to have our freedom in return. We can travel out where we wish to, and all we have to bring back is our stories of the world outside. The King hears them, regardless of how boring or common they might be, and I think that makes him good."

She was perfectly happy, but she was a Toka. She did not experience the issues that Druids face, nor did she see them in plight. She felt they brought on what they got, by their behavior and movements against the King. He wanted to make them a part of the pride, after all, and they were the ones resisting.

Not all of them, but... well. It was complicated.

Smiling, Cheneta stood and bounced a bit, swinging her tail.

"Well, I am going to go and find some really good things to put in my shop for tomorrow! Should I meet you near here and bring you over or do you know where the market is?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:47 pm
Lithia_Brandon

Even the reply that was given, despite that the lioness had not taken her meaning, was interesting to Arya and she filed the information away for later. Her light eyes watched their new acquaintance for a moment before nodding her head, "He is good." She and her sister had also chosen to align themselves with the Toka, though being given the options the decision had been an obvious one. Though she was not completely aware of the detailed politics of the pride, she had gleaned enough to know their choice was also the good one. "He is very kind to admit us. It was a pleasure to meet you, as well." She nodded in response to her question, though her sister would pick up a verbal reply.

Sansa was, as usual, completely oblivious to the details. The Toka were good and the Druid were bad, and that was all fine and well enough for her. She had little desire of upsetting her position in the pride so early on in her life there, so she had followed her sister not completely blind to the implication. Now, finding herself an occupation had been mildly difficult given her aversion to earnest work, but having her own market stall seemed a brilliant endeavor – particularly if it involved pretty pay offs. Her ears flicked with excitement, picking up on the other's bouncing as her own smile broadened, "That sounds wonderful. I can't wait!"  
[IC] Tokakinji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games