Let's get some teachin done did!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waka_in_the_Zash

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:35 pm
Hello all, Waka here!

I'll be rp'ing a teacher here and am looking for some seriously active members of the guild to attend "class".
If approved (mail already sent with questions) i'll be teachin some good ol' combat, this will cover every aspect. So if you like combat rp'ing you might learn some new stuff, if you are bad at it, then i'll be teaching how it works, how your mindset should be when writing them, and some tactics you can use. All while in character!

Starting up will be a little boring but i've already got alot of ideas brewing and hopefully an epic side rp that will involve the class.

As it stands i'm looking for at least 4 people to get started? That sounds reasonable. If you're interested let me know! And once the class room goes up (if it does go up *fingers crossed*) we'll see a new post or two every night from me, especially if you're posting back.

UPDATE! (lol it's only been 5 minutes and I forgot something)

So before I get all exciterated (>.> it's a word in my dictionary) I feel as if I should put some ground rules before people start swinging their acceptance at me.

1. This is gonna be Literate...no text speak I swear I will Maim you.
2. No god-modding! If i do my job right you'll be plenty powerful using your characters own strengths and weaknesses.
3. Abilities are NOT required! Any average joe can fight and i'll be covering unarmed combat.
4. No auto hitting is allowed UNLESS PROMPTED WITH A (*Auto hitting will be allowed for this lesson!) above the post! I will give you the chance to kick the crap out of your professor, he's a big boy, he can take it.
5. YOU MUST HAVE LIMITATIONS! I'll get more into them as we get into classes. All species, all powers, and all weapons have a limitation, you are no exception.
6. And this is a big one. Language is not an issue but you can't get too out of hand. Dropping the F bomb is an expulsion but damn is ok if used in the right context. We do have underaged members on gaia and it's nice to keep their innocent minds innocent. But if you're staring down the barrel of a light blast bigger than your house, oh s**t is kind of an ok statement there. Just don't get out of hand.

FINALLY!

7. If you're going to be absent we will not wait for you, you'll have to catch up and do some reading. "But Waka we don't liek homework!" >.> tough it's a class for a reason.

So with rules out of the way the itinerary is looking something like this.

Introduction
combat basics!
Your powers and you!
a. Mancers!
b. Polymorphs!
c. Humans!
d. Forge!
(as these seems to cover a large array of overused powers and abilities)
Battle tactics!
Exam!

if you have any suggestions let's hear them!

UPDATE! THE 2ND!

So as I lay down last night for sleep I noticed I forgot to add a few really important rules that I felt didn't need to be said but ultimately SHOULD be just in case.

Rule 8! DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS! As with all RP'ing details are the bulk of writing, it's how we know what's going on, who's doing what and how they're doing it. This holds true if not more for combat. Without the luxury of just being able to beat the crap out of your opponent, you have to be crafty and force them into a situation that they HAVE to take the hit. This holds true for the defending side. You're not above logic so take a hit, it's ok to get hit. Jazz has been impaled, beaten to a bloody pulp, even killed a few times. It's how you deal with these hits that make a story and even a fight scene fantastic.

I know i'm rambling a bit but this one is super important. If for any reason you get writers block that's fine, it happens. I'm going to try to give small tips while IN CHARACTER *lightening* to help with the situations and improve your combat writing if possible. If for ANY reason all I get is one liners, you will be expelled. They're not fun, you can't work with them and it makes everyone else's time just horrible.

Here are some examples of what I mean.

"Got you! *throws a fireball*"

This is atrocious...Absolutely the vaguest you can be. How big was it? Where is it going? What were you aiming for? What color was it? Were you hungry when you threw it?

We know absolutely NOTHING about this person's attack. NOTHING about that sentence is helpful in any sense. As the defender how do you respond to it? Ok? you threw a fireball so here's a wall of text EXPLAINING how I wrecked your face.

I apologize for the wall of text, and you can expect this alot from me, but I try to be as informative as possible.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:41 pm
Waka_in_the_Zash

Sounds good, sign me up teach!  

DarkBlaven

Ruthless Loiterer

9,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Waka_in_the_Zash

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:43 pm
Sweetness!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:47 pm
love the sound of it, im pretty good with combat rp and i no how annoying it is when people make their characters "untouchable" and god-mode sounds all good to me smile i'm always up for something new to learn  

lottie-tottie1240

8,575 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Flatterer 200

NeverDreamt
Captain

Friendly Shade

6,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:04 am
Sign Lucifer up for this. I think it will be fun. But he has like a few hundred years of fighting experience so he may help out just a little if you ever want him to.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:08 am
Lol hopefully It won't come to that seeing as Jazz has died twice, fought an army In hell, decimated an army of fire wielding clones and literally beat death in a death match *all of this can be read in my previous rp Deity's Cry if you're interested*. He knows his way around a scrap, i'm just gonna have to severely limit his powers. Severely. I may call on you for demonstrations though, that would be nice. Thanks for the interest oh fearless leader lol  

Waka_in_the_Zash

NeverDreamt
Captain

Friendly Shade

6,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:08 am
Lol well Lucifer is the son of the devil and an arch angel, that can be read if you go through Tuscany, the Italian restaurant. I'm really hoping that this turns out well.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:30 am
doesn't matter who's character has been through what or who they are, doesn't make them all the more powerful :/ it's how well you handle your characters and no how to deal with situations without auto-hitting or godmoding :/  

lottie-tottie1240

8,575 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Flatterer 200

Waka_in_the_Zash

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:35 am
lottie-tottie1240
doesn't matter who's character has been through what or who they are, doesn't make them all the more powerful :/ it's how well you handle your characters and no how to deal with situations without auto-hitting or godmoding :/

I agree completely lol but some background helps. You've already developed your character, they've gone through their trials and have emerged stronger from them. A fully developed character is going to top a brand new character just because of experience. I know my ability inside and out, it's limitations, how it works, and what I can do with it, just from sitting down and experimenting with possibilities. And if someone calls me on being too powerful, I can thoroughly explain how Jazz does everything thing he does, from making spears of light that explode when he snaps his fingers, to making light clones that explode after 3 seconds unless he is touching them.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:46 am
While you are here, regarding the class room, should I just make a topic on one of the floors called Combat 101 or will that be provided to me? I'd like to get started tonight, i'm all excited and stuff.  

Waka_in_the_Zash

Member Chat! Out of Character

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff