Animal Crossing New Leaf

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:00 pm
So, there's not a thread about this yet, or really a lot of new and upcoming games. Pretty weird, right? Weird that we hardly talk about that kinda stuff in the cult anymore.

As someone who is kinda, for the first time, interested in an animal crossing game, this looks fresh and new to me. I still have to think whether I want it super bad, or whether I might wait for the almost inevitable discount or price drop, which (as a dude of low funds) is sorta my MO.

I just wanted to kinda test the waters and see how people felt about this game. In the past I know it had been kinda community oriented. I wanted to see how old fans felt about it. I know a lot of people said it really adds very little new features, which doesn't matter to me, as a newcomer, but I wanted to know if more experienced players felt similarly.

And I guess that is pretty much it?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:32 pm
I play the GameCube Animal Crossing and have loved it since I got it when I was a child. It's a great game to

play in your free time and I would recommend any game in this series; however, I think you should wait for

the discount. It's not a game for everyone since it's not level orientated and it's hard to keep playing when

your mortgage gets too high (You have to pay a mortgage to make your house bigger) Or you already

made a house that looks perfect to you and you can't find anymore good furniture to put in it. If you're

into simulation games like Harvest Moon or The Sims, I think you would enjoy Animal Crossing.  

Have a coffee with me

Beloved Bunny

8,675 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Timid 100

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:29 pm
i've seen nothing on the newest game i the AC lineup. but... the lack of owning a AC game for the longest time now, i'm intrested just for that fact. the first one on the GC and the one on the DS were ones i played. both made well, plenty to do daylie, the ability to visit friends and go do stuff (and from what i heard there will be more in the new one.) it can really be a good game so. prolly not worth it new or without some kind of discount but something to pick up at some point for sure.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:00 am
I've played all three of them and this is my most anticipated game of 2013. Looks awesome. Could always be improved upon, but I'm satisfied. Can't wait to play with friends.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:23 am
What do you guys do with your friends online?
Also, does anyone know if this next animal crossing will have you share a town with other people on the same system?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:21 pm
[Kegan]
What do you guys do with your friends online?
Also, does anyone know if this next animal crossing will have you share a town with other people on the same system?

You can do everything in single player with a friend, it's basically playing with by yourself but you

have someone to talk to. Here's a video of Animal Crossing CF Online for an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryt0LMHMKuQ

I don't know how the save files are going to be set up, though. sweatdrop  

Have a coffee with me

Beloved Bunny

8,675 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Timid 100

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:15 pm
I believe that in New Leaf, there will be more to do with friends, like actually leave town on a boat to Animal Island where you can play co-op based minigames. But it's always fun to see how other people's towns look compared to yours.

I disagree with anyone who says it's not worth picking up on day one. It's such a lovely game.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:24 pm
Jaycorn
I believe that in New Leaf, there will be more to do with friends, like actually leave town on a boat to Animal Island where you can play co-op based minigames. But it's always fun to see how other people's towns look compared to yours.

I disagree with anyone who says it's not worth picking up on day one. It's such a lovely game.

It is a great game but it would suck to pay so much money for a game you don't like, and many people think animal crossing is boring > <  

Have a coffee with me

Beloved Bunny

8,675 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Timid 100

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:23 pm
True, it would suck to pay any money for a game you don't like. I just can't really see Kegan not liking it... maybe.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:35 pm
Haha, because gardening and house decorating... Yeah, I'd probably love it.

I've been thinking about getting it as a kind of way to introduce my younger brother to games of the kind I like. Communicating with him is difficult and mostly infuriating, though, so I dunno if It's really gonna happen. He loved walking around town in wind waker and talking to all the weird people, so I can see this maybe enticing him. His attention is really hard to grab, and sometimes (about anything but a few select things) he's easily discouraged by any kind of challenge.

It's really weird/interesting that he's a little nerdy kid with similar anxiety and social issues that I had at his age, but his interests have developed in a completely different way, because of the 15 years of time difference. I wonder if he was lucky to be born when he was. I had dreams of being an animator as a child, and set them aside as I got older, and was repeatedly told by my dad what a starving artist is. This kid spends hours obsessively making dinky little goanimate shorts and recording videos on the iPad. I think he was pretty lucky to be born when he was, but he has like no appreciation for anything. :I

But this is all probably elaborate mental gymnastics to find an excuse to play a gardening and house decorating sim made by Nintendo. Do I really need one? Me?... Probably not.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:40 pm
yeah, its one of those games whos ESRB rating is misleading. its not for everyone.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:45 am
Jaycorn
I've played all three of them and this is my most anticipated game of 2013. Looks awesome. Could always be improved upon, but I'm satisfied. Can't wait to play with friends.
This

AC:NL is definitely the game I'm obsessing over right now. I'm not even going to get a WiiU until the price drops a bit. I remember when the last Nintendo Direct came out I was yelling "omg I don't even care! Just tell me about Animal Crossing."

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces