Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lomasi's strength was almost normal. The lioness was realizing that she was never going to be perfect again. Her paws were still very soft, and her hunting was never going to be amazing. But to feel like she could actually go for a walk and not pass out halfway through...that was awesome.

Shikra floated above the black and white lioness as she walked towards a busier area of the pride. She was sort of hoping to run into that green lioness she had met once before, sort of to check in on her and stuff. Lomasi was slow on making friends here, and she certainly know why that could be. Talking to someone else who was a bit of an outsider was a little more reassuring than trying to talk to a native lion right now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:27 pm
User Image

Teet and Tzarach were relaxing by a stream in one of the core locations in the pride. It was where lions and avians were more likely to be, if they were to be found at all. The Aka'mleli covered a large area of rugged land, but was not a very numerous pride. It was their partnership with the birds that enabled them to effectively hold such an area, that and the fact that the land was too rough to be of interest to any of the more powerful prides.

Life here was peaceful, if hard. Though, it was not nearly as difficult as being a rogue and living on one's own. The lioness was pleased to call these lands home.

Tzarach was resting on his favorite perch - Teet's head. Theirs was an old partnership, far older than their membership amongst the Aka'mleli, and he was more comfortable with the green lioness than with anyone else around. The bird looked up and his eyes lit up at what he spied.

"Teet! Oh Teet look! It's Lomasi and Shikra! Hi there!"

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:42 pm
Shikra heard the familiar bird's voice and shot out towards the two green forms, chittering with excitement. The bird was much more social than Lomasi was, though her strange relationship with the king made Lomasi very wary and scared of making friends. Teet fell into a different catergory, though.

Walking at a comfortable pace, it didn't take too long for her to see the spotted green lioness. With a smile, she bobbed her head. "Hello, Teet. Tzarach. Its nice to see the two of you again."

Shikra squealed. "Happy to see! Yes!" The bird hopped around on the ground between the two lioness, just excited to feel like she was getting the energy of the two of them up. The hyperactive bird was....a little much.

"C'mon, Shikra, calm downnn," Lomasi laughed, embarrassed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:47 pm
A smile crossed the green lioness' face as she turned towards the approaching pair. It had been quite some time since Lomasi had led them to Umoja and they had joined the pride. Teet hadn't seen the other two much in the moons since then, and was pleased to be able to spend time with them once more.

"Please, come and sit. It is very good to see you again as well," she told the other lioness.

Tzarach had to laugh at Shikra's enthusiasm. In case he'd feared having the wrong pair, for whatever reason, the other bird had just proven him correct. There couldn't possibly be two avians that hyper in the whole pride.

"You seem energetic, as usual!" he replied.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:20 pm
Lomasi nodded thanks, finding a good place to sit down. It was nice to feel welcome, and nice to find a place to sit that was comfortable! "I know its been a while, I'm sorry for not finding you sooner. The healers have had their work cut out on making sure I was patching up in one piece..."

Shikra laugh-chirped. "Yes! Always happy, always keeping Lomasi happy!" The little bird jumped around a bit more before settling near Tzarach, her body as still as she could manage...which meant a lot of wing twitching, to be honest.

Lomasi watched Shirka for a moment, before her attention turned back to Teet. "I hope everything has been well for you? I know both our joining situations were very different, but...I hope you've been fitting in well."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:24 pm
"Everyone here has been very kind," Teet reassured her friend. She was glad to hear, and see, that Lomasi was recovering well, but she had no regrets about encouraging the other lioness to sit and not strain herself unnecessarily.

"In many ways it is much like being a rogue, but with much more safety, from what I've seen," she told the other. After being alone with only Tzarach for company, Teet really didn't mind that too much.

Tzarach shook his head at Shirka's twitching. "I'd hope so!" he told the other bird with dignity. Now, just because birds had a higher metabolism than lions was no reason for her to always be moving around so rapidly, now was it?  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:30 pm
Lomasi sighed. "Its nice, but it feels complicated at other times. I guess I'm just not used to always being checked on, and having all these lions fret over me and my health. Then again...I've never really injured myself like this before!" Her bright blue eyes glanced over towards the avians. "I'd be a lot more lonely without Shikra, as talkative as she could be."

The hawk's head shot up as she heard her name, and she stared at Lomasi for a long moment. Determining that she was just talking, and not asking for help, she went back to talking to the green avian in front of her. "Always with Teet, right? Just the same like us!" Shikra didn't quite understand that Teet and Tzarach's relationship was much longer and deeper than her's and Lomasi's. The bird was more used to living in the now than thinking too much about the past or future.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:41 pm
Teet nodded with a smile. "I'd think it would be comforting, to know that there were so many people checking in on you to make sure you heal up properly!" she told the other lioness. Certainly it painted a far more appealing picture than dying alone for lack of aid.

Her expression softened as Lomasi talked about Shikra and the bird echoed the sentiments. "Yes, I don't think I could imagine life without Tzarach. He's a part of me in a way that a mate never could be...that's part of why we wanted to come here, because only someone else who has the same kind of bond with a bird could understand how we feel about each other and not be jealous."

There were moons beyond reckoning of pain and anger in Teet's words, but her voice was steady and calm.

"Always and forever," Tzarach agreed with both Shikra and Teet, bending down briefly to preen his partner's headfur. Not that he could even begin to do a decent job, but it was a compliment to her words that he made the gesture.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:04 pm
Lomasi nodded. "I'm still adjusting to this. I'm not sure if I'll ever quite understand it, but it is so nice to have Shikra with me all the time." She felt the little hawk nibble at her fur after hopping onto her head. The claws certainly could poke her, but...it was still comforting always having her around.

"Shikra happy," the hawk cooed, almost dozing off while preening some of her bonded's hair. This was the life! Happy, healthy lion friend, bird friend, bird friend's lion....this was the best.

Lomasi laughed. "And its nice to have a friend like you two, Teet and Tzarach."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:11 pm
If it felt strange to Teet as the newcomer to be reassuring Lomasi who had certainly been here longer than she, the green lioness refused to mention it. Indeed, she was fairly confident that she was the older of the two, in experience, if not age.

"Understanding is not necessary for comfort," Teet offered these few words of philosophy before smiling at her friend. "But yes, friends are always there to help however we can. And I know I speak for both of us when I say that we're glad to have you two as our friends as well." It gave her hope for the future, that this would truly be her home and where she might finally raise children of her own.

"Tzarach happy too," the parrot seconded Shikra with a laugh. This...this was why they had come here. To be among lions and birds who felt and lived as they did. In peace and in happiness.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces