Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Could I would I on a bus?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asiril

Romantic Lunatic

10,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:29 pm
First off the title may or may not imply something more then what it is.

I like Dr. Seuss.

So... In the near(ish?) future, I will be in theory hopping on a bus from Texas (here) to Pennsylvania. It's going to be a considerably long ride and I don't handle being 'trapped in a moving metal box' for long periods of time to well so I'd rather like to hear some advice for handling it.

To give a why.. allow his to suffice; I made choices, I chose to move here I made some mistakes and need/want to get back so I can fix aforementioned mistakes.

Any comments for better or worse would be happily read (when I actually am online) I also may or may not answer questions if asked but I'm a total oddball soo meh.

*clicks Submit*

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:30 pm
Also forgot to add that I -might- have a music player some little mp3 or something and some books so I am not without anything. sweatdrop  

Asiril

Romantic Lunatic

10,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:45 pm
Daydream. Ponder. If the bus has rails so you can stand you could honestly stand up a few hours so the circulation in your legs doesnt turn to crap. Grab a notebook and a pen, write thoughts in it. Bring food lol (should be obvious I prolly didnt need to say it). Chewing gum. And look at the scenery. All I can think of. Add more songs to your mp3 the day before? lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:55 pm
We Are Organisms
Daydream. Ponder. If the bus has rails so you can stand you could honestly stand up a few hours so the circulation in your legs doesnt turn to crap. Grab a notebook and a pen, write thoughts in it. Bring food lol (should be obvious I prolly didnt need to say it). Chewing gum. And look at the scenery. All I can think of. Add more songs to your mp3 the day before? lol.

I can space out like a champ, but I have a bad tendency to get really bored really easily. The standing tip is awesome! I didn't know you could just stand. I uhm don't exactly own a notebook nor mp3 player. the latter is a maybe/hopeful. I am uhm kinda dirt poor. sweatdrop  

Asiril

Romantic Lunatic

10,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:05 pm
Asiril
We Are Organisms

I can space out like a champ, but I have a bad tendency to get really bored really easily. The standing tip is awesome! I didn't know you could just stand. I uhm don't exactly own a notebook nor mp3 player. the latter is a maybe/hopeful. I am uhm kinda dirt poor. sweatdrop
It depends what type of bus, theres maybe like 4 types of bus I can think of, like the transit busses have a rail at the top for when its crowded people can support their own weight with it. But those busses are usually expensive because they have to be custom made, not like factory produced, so if yours is one like that it could be an old model, unless transportation is in high demand. Then the longer distance busses tend to have different types of seats and usually don't have the rails. If the buss has stops to make then it might be one with rails, like a standard route and stuff where you just wait, pay to get on. But if you are taking a buss that needs a ticket or pass or something it probably won't have rails. If its not too crowded you could stretch too. The seats can get uncomfortable, and small blood clots can end up getting into the veins in your legs because of the poor circulation of the sitting and lack of activity, so stretching is important still, even if you dont have a railing.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:14 pm
We Are Organisms

surprised

Well circulation is a definite must. I've actually not really done this sort of bussride. I airplaned here, last time I was on a bus was..uhm..*counts with fingers* fourish years ago? With an afterschool fieldtrip thing? Yeesh.. The plan is for a transit bus like a greyhound type. Im pretty sure they have seats and a bathroom as well as I will be making two or three stops. Don't those kind have like a tv or whatever?  

Asiril

Romantic Lunatic

10,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:28 pm
Asiril
We Are Organisms

surprised

Well circulation is a definite must. I've actually not really done this sort of bussride. I airplaned here, last time I was on a bus was..uhm..*counts with fingers* fourish years ago? With an afterschool fieldtrip thing? Yeesh.. The plan is for a transit bus like a greyhound type. Im pretty sure they have seats and a bathroom as well as I will be making two or three stops. Don't those kind have like a tv or whatever?
I believe the transit bus is the one int he picture with rails, while the other bus is the one with television(s).  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:30 pm
We Are Organisms
Asiril
We Are Organisms

surprised

I believe the transit bus is the one int he picture with rails, while the other bus is the one with television(s).

Sweet. cool  

Asiril

Romantic Lunatic

10,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

AstraMorningstar

Sparkly Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:34 pm
A bus is a bit...bumpy and crowded to anything on . No matter how full people just keep on coming on -.-  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:22 pm
AstraMorningstar
A bus is a bit...bumpy and crowded to anything on . No matter how full people just keep on coming on -.-

I hope not, but I will be traveling quite a distance maybe I'll get lucky with alot of leg room in a quiet corner in the back.  

Asiril

Romantic Lunatic

10,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:26 pm
could I would I on a bus? With a girl its a must wink lol  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:22 pm
We Are Organisms
could I would I on a bus? With a girl its a must wink lol

*raises glass* Bravo. xp  

Asiril

Romantic Lunatic

10,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Asiril

Romantic Lunatic

10,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:50 pm
All is good, I spend 3 days riding busses it was kinda fun. Had a very interesting experience.  
HighTail Cafe

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games