Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:06 am
User Image

Sentinel training was over for now. The Captain couldn't let his Sentinels get lazy now, could he? So they trained every day. However, after training, he often sent out a party to make sure the boarders weren't being pushed by Vikings. So far this had never happened; Loha had never seen so much as a new lion heading for the pride. It was boring.

He would complain about it until his last breath if it stayed like this. Something exciting needed to happen for the big, bulky male. He was bulky with muscles, but still shorter than most male lions. It didn't help that his mom looked like an adolescent with her height and build no matter how old she got. Sadly, Loha got the stunted end of the gene pool. Golden eyes narrowed as he moved about the boarders. He was used to the mists that formed and swirled about his paws, used to the wetness that came along with living in a pride shrouded by mist. Honestly, Loha had never felt more at home than he did now. In this pride where values were high and he didn't have to worry about running into any of his family out there.

Though, at the current moment he wished he could run into his brother and go on some sort of adventure or something. He was so tired of nothing happening! Well, Maji managed to have a litter of cubs, and they were making the place a little less boring, but he didn't have time to play with them.

So, back to being bored. He tilted his head this way and that, waiting for anything new to happen.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:55 pm
User Image

There weren't many things that she could claim as being among her talents.

Hunting was one of the few, she could at least take care of herself. She had a slender form, long legs, and careful paws that carried her over land swiftly and easily. She had a good eye for the unspoken language and seemed to predict, rightly, when a prey beast would weave one way or the other. It had served her well enough to keep her healthy and strong.

Her second greatest talent, sadly, was her uncanny ability to get herself lost. As a young cub she had strayed from her mother's side and to this day she had yet to find any one member of her family. The pain of losing them lingered but only in a raw ache in her heart now. The worst of it was having lost her dear Rior... he had saved her. A shining white knight of virtue and good character had found her when she'd been lost and had walked at her side from the time she was a cub to fairly recently. He had gone out to hunt for her and in his absence, a handful of passing rogues had forced her to flee. By the time she had lost her foes... she had also managed to lose herself.

So it was back to solitude. Uncertain, miserable solitude. The landscape had changed to much as she searched for her knight. From the low, dry grasslands to the rough rugged rocks. Now the landscape began to alter itself once more. The dry grass became green, soft, and damp. The silence of the grasslands filled with the crash of water. The dry, spicy air became rich and full of moisture.

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:06 am
The scent of spice caught his attention. It wasn't strong, but it was the unmistakable spice of the heat and earth from the rogue lands. He knew too well, that smell. He dreamed of it at night. It made his paws move faster through the swirling mists, towards it. He was definately drawn to it. Who was here? He was abandoning his training, his brain telling him it might be her. His old mate might be back. The scent of whoever it was was masked with the spicy, earthy smell that was getting washed away with the mists. The same mists that protected the pride and him he was mentally cursing.

His brows knit as he desperately searched, like a father for a lost cub for whoever it was. Several long, quiet minutes before he followed the very faint trail to movement up ahead. White and brown? Was it...?

"Urvi...?"

He approached slowly, gold eyes uncertain, voice shaking a little before he got close enough the mists no longer hid the form. No. It wasn't Urvi. He let out a sigh he didn't know he was holding as disappointment settled in his gut. Just some silly lost female.

"Who are you?" He asked, training kicking in. He puffed himself up a bit to look bigger in case she posed some sort of threat to the pride. How one female could do that, he wasn't sure, but he wanted to mask his hopefulness with something. He was very embarrassed he let himself get like that. So hopeful for a female who'd left him like that and probably had kids with someone else. He had to somehow get some pride about him after that little waste of energy.

Thalion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:22 pm
Kapera:
Kapera slowed as she continued forward, her form swallowed up by the swirling mists. The cool, fresh smell of water and the crash of waterfalls overwhealmed her senses. Towering cliffs rose out of the fog like massive, silent beasts. All the sudden, she felt very small and isolated. Throwing a look back over her shoulder she realized that she was now just as lost as she could possibly be. Had she been walking in a straight line? Had she faultered? She couldn't recall seeing any landmarks and now the scent of the rougelands was gone.

A voice broke the silence, earning a startled gasp from the lioness. She took a few short steps backwards and searched the mists. Eventually a body darkened the mists just to her left. She couldn't make out any details, but by his bulk it must have been a male.

"I...I'm Kapera. I'm sorry I just...I got turned around somewhere back there."  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:35 pm
Loha:
The gasp made the lion mentally smirk. He shouldn't honestly scare off a single lioness. She looked more intimidated than anything, so Loha doubted very much that she was going to cause the pride any harm. His ears flicked this way and that as he watched her try to find him. He relented a bit and stepped more for her, so she could see him more. He wasn't completely off his guard yet, however.

Turned around? It was easy to do that here. Tail flicking this way and that, he just continued to watch her. His body was dark, anyway, becaus the mists were doing their job in dampening him. So he looked even darker than he usually was.

"It is understandable, Kapera," he stated simply. Starting to very slowly relax himself into a sitting position. Yes, she was the one with the smell. It was almost, almost disappointing it wasn't his old flame, but that's what he got for getting his hopes up. "Where are you trying to find?" He knew where some of the prides and coalitions were around here. He was, after all, a rogue before this.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:11 pm
Kapera:
She put a paw to her chest and sighed when a lion emerged from the mists. Living flesh, a breathing set of lungs. Not some phantom or some beast lurking in the swirling depths of this place. It was unsettling. Her scent and sight had been muddled. It was almost surreal...

"I... I'm not really looking for anywhere. I lost... my Rior." She lowered her ears and shook her head. "I don't know where he might have gone, it's been so long. Has... a white lion passed this way?"  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:22 pm
Loha:
"You'll have to be more specific than 'white lion'. That is most of this pride, ma'am." His face shown that he was not joking. This pride was a lot of pale lions, so he really did need more details than white lion. It was the most not helpful description ever. Sighing, he shook his head and just watched her face again. He brought a paw to his face and rubbed it slowly.

He wasn't ready to let her leave yet. It was, so far, someone he didn't get under his fur and skin. She was, for the most part, alright. She didn't seem to be stupid. A little spooked and rightly so. He'd been something of a ghost in the last pride he'd been in like this. It was his job to move just so in the mists so it sounded like he was a spirit.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:30 pm
Kapera:
"Oh my well...", She looked to the side and frowned. "He has a small stripe on his nose, black. His eyes are different colors...he was wearing some armor last I left him- made of bark and bone. I...don't suppose anyone here matches that?"

She looked back to the male, her expression hunted. It had been so long...what if something had happened to him? What if...he didn't want to be found? Neither was worth retaining in her thoughts.  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:35 pm
Loha:
Listening to the description, he shook his head. No one he knew matched that at all. Sighing, he just watched her face again. "No. I'm sorry, but I have not seen him and I haven not found anyone matching that." Then again, not everyone risked going through the mists. He could ask the others if they'd heard of him, but more than likely not since the pride was left well alone because they were practically on top of the viking pride. Sighing a little more he just shook his head.

"If you've lost him," he said, expression almost going pained, "you might be best to just give up on finding him. I've... lost people and dedicated my life looking, so I know it's fairly futile."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:38 pm
Kapera:
The lioness' ears fell back against her head. She had thought as much but she didn't want to aknowlege it...She denied it in her own mind for months and had searched from one terrain to another for him. There'd not been a sign, a hope, a shread of evidence that her Rior was still out there. Perhaps he was looking for her still...

Perhaps if she stopped looking...he'd find her.

"...I...I see." She took a slow step back and looked back over her shoulder. "I...don't suppose I can rest here for a night? If not I just need some direction back out of the mist."  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:42 pm
Loha:
That crestfallen looke on her face made him almost regret he said anything. Almost. Still, it'd be better if she could accept the fact it wasn't meant to be with this lion and move on with her life. He'd seen one sorry soul out in the rogue lands looking for something. That lioness looked dead inside and out. He did not want anyone to befall that fate. If she was around and this girl stuck around and kept clinging to hope, he would have to show her the black ghost that haunted the unclaimed lands. For now, though, he nodded.

"I do not see why you can not spend the night here. You mean no harm. No one has followed you." With that, he rose up on his paws. "Follow me."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:39 pm
Kapera:
The lioness shook her head slowly, obviously her mind half elsewhere at the moment. Rior had saved her, been there for her, kept her safe... and she'd left him. The guilt and grief was almost overwhealming. What he was still out there somewhere? Would he be able to find her here? was it for the best if he didn't? What if he'd already found someone? Each question seemed somehow worse and more unbearable than the one that came before.

She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and gathered herself up. "Thank you for your hospitality. I won't be any trouble... I just need a night of rest."  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:22 pm
Word Count

[IC] Ukungu Mfumaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items