L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:18 pm
User Image

A starry sky lit the ground beneath her feet. Mitifu had no idea where she was going, really. She was just wandering around the Nyota lands, looking for something to keep her mind occupied so she could adjust back to being up all night and sleeping in the day light. Her pack was an odd one, but one she loved. She was needed here and she loved her job—hunting. But her task had been completed tonight already and she didn’t see a point in hunting any more food for the pack. Her and the other Howlers had done a great job in supplying the pack with lots of food and over hunting the prey around here was never a good idea. She understood there needed to be time for the prey to reproduce and bolster their numbers and if they wiped out all the prey there would be no more food.

So, for now, she just wandered, watching the ground beneath her feet and occasionally looking up to the stars above her head. She wasn’t very good at remember their names or what they meant, she left that for others to do. Instead she would just look up at them and admire their twinkling in the darkness. Without the stars the night would be so dark and bleak, hardly worth being awake to witness.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:23 pm
User Image

Oota was out, wandering. Her mother hadn’t been paying attention to her while her father had been scolding some of her siblings for bothering a pack member. The purple pup had happily taken the opportunity to go explore and maybe see if she could find any pups she wasn’t related to—and bored with—to play with. It wasn’t uncommon for the pup to wander, infact she did it more often than not. Tonight was an especially fun night too, as the stars were bright and the air was pleasantly cool.

As she set out to explore she found a set of tracks and excitedly began to follow them. A new friend! She couldn’t help but think as she skipped off after the creator of these tracks. Not soon after discovering the tracks she spotted a large orange dog up ahead and bounced up to the dog happily chirping out a greeting. ”Hello!!!”

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:24 pm
Mitifu was not a very maternal sort of dog, she was much happier dealing with adults, or better yet, being alone. She didn’t enjoy spending a lot of time with others as most of them took her seriousness for coldness and seemed to be unhappy to deal with her just as much as she found it to be bothersome to deal with them—she supposed it worked out either way though. However, pups were much more difficult to get rid of. First off, they were energetic and mostly loud and very curious. Only one of those Mitifu found to be admirable traits.

And now, here she was. Turning to look back down at a small purple pup who looked up at her excitedly. Great. She thought as she eyed the little thing for a moment before sighing and turning all the way around to watch the pup. ”Hello.” She repeated back to the pup with a no-nonsense tone.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:25 pm
How glad she was she had decided to run off tonight! This big orange dog looked so cool! She seemed big and strong and had a serious look about her- it was so unlike her parents, or at the very least mom! ”I’m Oota Dabun! Who’re you?” She asked happily. The little pup had no idea of the dangers of the roguelands and it was probably for the best she ran into a Nyota dog and not some rogue, especially since Mitifu’s trail had lead so dangerously close to the roguelands.

”Are you out watching the stars? My mom likes to watch them- so do my siblings and daddy!” She offered without reason to, just so happy to meet a new face and to be aware from her many siblings and parents, not to mention the nannies that occasionally came to help her mother watch Oota and her siblings.

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:27 pm
Unable to hold back a sigh, Mtifu closed her eyes and let it out. She did not like pups. They were so loud and never wanted to stop talking. The good news though? This one sounded like she was from the pack, so there was no need to worry about an angry rogue mother coming to find her. ”I am Mtifu-Meka, and stars are okay. Not my favorite.” She responded quietly before opening her eyes again to examine the cubs, wondering if she could recognize the little ones parents from her colors and features. So far though, no wild dogs were coming to mind.

As the little one began to prattle on about her family Mtifu couldn’t help but sit and try not to look as bored and irritated as she was. She kept reminding herself she needed to eventually go out and find a rogue male to have pups with to help the packs numbers. No matter how she disliked children, it would be good to bring some new blood in, especially hers, since she seemed to be such a phenomenal hunter and scout.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:28 pm
Oota bounced around happily as the older female told her what she was called. ”Mtifu!” The young pup repeated happily. ”You’re really big and strong looking, are you a strong warrior or something?” She asked excitedly as she bounced around the seated adult. ”Ooooh, I bet you are! I bet you’ve defeated a lot of big scary monsters and helped save a lot of dogs!” She chirped happily.

She couldn’t get over the color of this adults pelt either—it was such a cool color. Orange! Like the sun during sunset. (Sometimes she woke up early to watch it. It was so much cooler to see than the sunrise, she saw that every morning before bed.) She’d never seen any dogs that color before. ”And I’m the same way with stars, I like them but I like playing better!”

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:00 pm
The little pups inquiries into Mtifu’s abilities was something she was pretty okay with. It almost made talking to this pup a lot easier and more interesting. She puffed up her chest a bit and smirked down at the little wild dog, ”Actually yeah. I’m a Howler, which means I hunt for food for all of you, and when I’m out in the roguelands exploring, sometimes I find monsters and help take them down.” She told Oota truthfully. ”Just a week or two ago I was assisting some lions known as the Firekin take down this massive monster that had been injuring rogues in this jungle…” She paused for dramatic effect before continuing, ”It turned out to be an elephant, but I helped them kill it and brought back some ivory from its tusk as proof.” She said happily as she showed off the shard of elephant tusk held onto a leather cord around her neck.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:08 pm
Oota looked mesmerized by the idea that this og before her, Mtifu, had helped kill an elephant! But then she looked puzzled and after a few moments of some inner dialogue the purple pup spoke up with a question, ”Wait, what is an elephant? Is it like a lion? It must be bigger if it was injuring lions! Lions are big and mean and scary!” She spoke, running her thoughts together outloud, not taking any more time to think quietly to herself.

She’d heard about different animals out there in the roguelands, but an elephant? She had no idea what that was. It must be impressive if it had tusks, which Oota imagined was like really big teeth from the look of the ivory around Mtifu’s neck. ”How did you defeat it? Did you jump on it and start biting it? Did it take a long time?” The questions kept coming. The more she thought about it, the more questions she had. ”Did anyone die? How many others helped? Where they all just lions? And what’s a Firekin?”

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:12 pm
Mtifu seemed taken aback as the questions began to spew forth from the little pups mouth, almost seeming unending. Truth be told she was so startled by all the yapping Oota was doing she completely missed half the questions. With a bit of nervous tension, unsure how to handle little energetic pups, she began answered the ones she could catch, ”It’s like a big Rhino.” What’s a rhino? ”It’s like a hairless lion with a big horn—but elephants have tusks, they are like long teeth sticking out from under their tail-like noses.” But they kept coming…

”We beat it by… well yes—oh well, sort of…” She barely had time to answer them as they kept coming forth, it was making Mtifu dizzy just trying to keep up. ”Some died before we found it—A lot of others—Oh, no, there were dogs too—A Firekin? It’s like this really big, mean lion that is usually all red, black, or white and is really tough.” That was that. It seemed all the questions had mostly been answered. Good. Maybe the pup would be satisfied and leave soon?

One could only hope.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:13 pm
Well then. Oota nodded and listened between questions as the other answered as fast as she could, given the pups ability to think up something just as the other began the task of answering. This had really been a delight though. Having this adult tell her some of her stories, or as much as Oota would let her get out anyway. The pup grinned up at Mtifu happily. ”Wow, you’re really cool!” She complimented the other, having no idea how frazzled and out of place she had made her feel.

When Oota started to open her mouth again to speak however, she snapped it shut and perked her ears back towards where she had come. It sounded like her father was calling for her, likely upset she’d run off without warning anyone, or taking a sibling for safety. She jerked her gaze to Mtifu and then jumped up, ”I gotta go now! Ill see you tomorrow maybe!? Bye!!!” And just like that, she took off, leaving a very frazzled, yet relieved adult in her dust.

Quote:
FIN

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
[IC] Nyota-Wasomaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash