Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:40 pm
The God of Chivalry was out by the borders of the pride, which was quite an accomplishment considering how large the lands were. He was far from the castle mountain, and the lair of his son. His grandchildren. It was an interesting situation to be in, but he still had not explained his appearance in the pride.

He was an enigma, but he was close to the King and that was all the denizens of the pride needed to know in order to assign him a mental station far above them, for the most part. He was treated like a royal, with or without confirmation of that.

It suited him fine, though he was respectful and polite to anyone he met, including Druids. If he was the old King, he was certainly different than the Talfrid that had sired Uther.

Yawning, the great lion, lacking wings but still looking like more than a mortal in some ethereal way, padded his way toward a nearby watering hole. He was in the rogue lands but it mattered very little to him: he was more than capable of finding his way back and felt no threat of danger from anything the rogue lands had to offer.

tuesdayscat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:49 am
"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing, Sansa?"

"Well, if I knew that I wouldn't be asking, Arya."

The pale lioness' shoulders hunched in unspoken irritation at her sister's pointless questions; she was tired, they both were grouchy, and being alone in each other's company for too long was decidedly working on their nerves. Arya needed to find a respite, but for now a watering hole seemed the perfect solution to soothe their dry mouths and brittle tempers. Inclining her head slightly, she peered over one thin shoulder at the darker female, "I'm scenting out a watering hole." She hesitated before adding in what she knew was a vain effort, "You could help."

Sansa, ever in line with her character, flared her nostrils in a disdainful sniff as she reached around to groom her upper foreleg with a long, pink tongue. The dust rarely bothered the lioness for long, but it had been some terrible amount of time since they had last had a good bath. Sansa was not the sort of lion to shy away from a good, clean dip in water; she was of the belief that cats should enjoy any element that helped them keep their coats in pristine condition. Arching what she considered a delicate brow, she ceased her grooming long enough to shoot her 'younger' sister a look that spoke volumes of her distaste for such menial labor, "I think you have it well enough in hand, sissy."

Arya hated that moniker. Rolling her eyes, she shrugged first one shoulder and then the other before leading the way through the tall grasses. Sure enough, she found the watering hole soon but pulled up short upon noticing the lion already present. He seemed strange – though she could not put a claw on whether it was his scent, the sight of him, or some other baser instinct she could not name. Her own brows lowered in suspicion, but her sister continued on by Arya's still form. "Move, Arya. You're such an underfoot sometimes, honestly."

Lithia_Brandon

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:39 pm
tuesdayscat

Talfrid heard voices and looked toward them, his instinct to vanish pushed down when he saw two lionesses heading his way. They were likely looking for the water and he had no reason to hide from them. His god form was not the most inconspicuous thing ever, but at least he didn't have big wings giving him away.

He tilted his head and arched an eyebrow.

From the looks of it, they were sisters. They walked similarly, not to mention the markings they shared. There was just something in the air, as well, that said they were related. Maybe it was the way they seemed to have been arguing moments before.

Siblings could get away with that.

He smiled at them and nodded his head in a friendly gesture. They were not from the pride, as far as he could tell. They did not have that scent of the area, that air of familiarity. Also, they were coming from the other direction. He bowed once they were closer.

"Hello. Welcome to the Tokakinji."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:40 pm
The sisters had never met a deity – at least not so far as they were aware – and so Arya took these obvious indications of abnormality and instinctual detections of general "off-ness" as invitation for mediated suspicion. "The what?" And poor manners.

The latter reaction was highly embarrassing for her more proper and composed sister, who – after laying eyes upon the stranger – tossed aside any and all suspicion (instinctual or otherwise) in lieu of a handsome face and fine figure. She had no idea he was in any way "different" and had very little interest in if he was or was not just some random lion. He was a male lion, and that was enough for her. She straightened her shoulders and flicked her tail at her paler sister somewhat impatiently and all sorts of dismissively, "Arya, manners." Her voice was a stage whisper, but she raised it slightly to speak to the stranger, "Thank you for the kind reception."

Arya rolled her eyes and followed the other lioness as they continued towards the water. She was thirsty and it did look tempting; she supposed between the two of them they might escape if necessary. She could distract him while Sansa fled, and surely her smaller frame would be to her advantage. She shot him a careful, measuring look before reining in her stubborn distrustfulness albeit reluctantly, "I apologize. What is – or who are – the Tokakinji?"

Lithia_Brandon

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:50 pm
tuesdayscat

Talfrid grinned. He was the God of Chivalry, and with that came a measure of patience. He knew what it was to be respectful and giving, but he did not expect it in everyone he met. Rather, he was an example. He smiled at them both, more amused than anything else.

"The Tokakinji. We live here, as a pride. We are led by the King, Uther. The lands are rather far spread out, but that mountain," he pointed to a mountain in the distance, "is the center of our pride, and where the King lives."

He looked from the one called Arya to the other, whose name he did not know yet. He bowed politely, his big mane falling forward as he lowered his head. His movements were very precise and practiced, but natural.

"Please, by all means. This is not my land, and you are free to drink. You are free to explore our pride, as well, if you so wish. And my name is Talfrid." He imagined that if they were coming this way they might be thirsty, and he sat back for them to do as they wished.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:14 pm
Arya was of the mind that respect was earned and suspicion was granted, but she might have appreciated the patience had she known it necessary. Her primary concern was the preservation of her less concerned sister's self, and that meant observing newcomers from a slightly different perspective. Sansa had a short memory, it seemed, and allowed individuals too close on polite behavior alone. This lion, at least, had made no move to confirm her fears, so she relaxed her shoulders and looked towards the distant mountain with renewed interest, "A pride?"

The inquiry was more of a rhetorical utterance as she contemplated the mountain before turning her alert – and now inquisitive – eyes back to the stranger who had since introduced himself. Her inherent curiosity was getting the better of her. Her returning curtsey was more of a bow and rather hasty as she replied, "What's it like? Your pride?"

While Sansa may have had reason to be pleased by her sister's slow change of heart, she was reluctant to give up the conversation. She feigned a patient smile at her sister's questions as she dipped her head to the male, "My little sister –" this got an easily overlooked eyeroll from the 'younger' sibling, " – is Arya, and I'm Sansa. It's a pleasure to meet you, Talfrid."

Lithia_Brandon

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:07 pm
tuesdayscat

"It is a good place," Talfrid said, sitting up and puffing out his chest a bit. "We are a proud community, and we live together, support each other. We explore, and learn, and there many different kinds of lion here. Everyone is welcome, and order is kept. There are knights, soldier, that protect those that live here."

At least, that was what they were meant to do. Talfrid had not seen much of the Order he had hoped to build since his son took over, and he wondered if they had faded from existence.

He did not mention that he was the former King.

He smiled when they were introduced properly and nodded, committing the names, and which one belonged to which lioness, to memory.

"It is lovely to meet you both, and my pleasure, I'm sure. Have you been walking for a while? Are you hungry? There should be some spare or dried meats in the market, if you are tired, or we can hunt." Technically not his job, but he would not get told otherwise. Most had their suspicions that he was a God.

So no one was going to say anything to him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:54 pm
She watched him carefully, narrowing her yellow eyes not out of suspicion now but consideration. A pride would be a support system; something to entertain and protect her sister from harm. Arya worked her mouth as she thought it over, pursing her lips and grinding her teeth briefly before looking from their new acquaintance to her sister. "It sounds wonderful."

Frowning slightly, she took another careful moment to think before pressing a genuine smile, "It is nice to meet you. And thank you, for the information."

Though Arya might have agreed to a hunt, Sansa was not about to get her paws dirty in mixed company so the pale lioness dropped her head to drink from the water while her sister took up the conversation willingly. "Oh, there is a market?" Her excitement was evident, and a bit infectious, as Sansa widened her blue eyes, "That would be wonderful to visit. I don't think I've ever tried dried meat." The dark lioness dropped her hind quarters to the ground, wrapping her tail daintily around her paws.

Lithia_Brandon

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:24 pm
tuesdayscat

"You are very welcome! I have lived in these lands for a while, and watched the pride come to life. We are still growing, still working together to establish ourselves, but I believe our King will find the right path for all his citizens."

Or so he hoped. The strife between the Toka and the Druids was very real, and dangerous. But only to those in power, and to those who went looking for the fight. Normal life, Talfrid had seen in his time back in the pride, was good. Prospering.

They just needed to find peace between the two factions.

He shook those thoughts away and looked at the sisters, nodding his head at the new question that popped up.

"Yes! Trade is the life of the pride. Lions master their own crafts, and bring their wares to the market for trade. They barter as they will, and most seem to enjoy themselves. I would like to show you, then, if you wish to see it. They are there every day, though some days are busier than others. It depends on what is needed, and when stores run out. I believe the dried meats are very popular, and are kept well stocked."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:48 am
Lithia_Brandon

Slowly, but surely, Arya was finding herself relaxing around this new acquaintance and warming to the idea of a pride where her personal responsibilities towards her sister might be alleviated to at least some degree. There would be others to protect Sansa, and others for Arya to perhaps converse with. Friends outside of her close but overwhelming sister would be a welcome change of pace, plus her feet were so very weary of traveling.

"The pride is open to new membership?" Her question was tentative, and her expression hinted at some glimmer of surprise at herself for even asking, but the stubborn resolution to stand by her inquiry soon followed. It made sense: why would they not be interested in joining a pride? She was unaware of the current strife between factions, but that seemed a small price to pay.

Sansa was less concerned about important matters such as pride membership and more interested in this market that was being described to her. Dried meat seemed like an unimaginable delicacy that she was eager to try, and her imagination was beginning to form some idea what other crafts might be available until she realized something that was perhaps more important by at least a smidge, "Oh, but we haven't anything to trade." Her expression fell as she glanced back at her gleaming coat – empty of adornment besides her spotted markings – and then she rallied, pressing a smile, "Though it would not hurt to look, at least."  

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:30 pm
tuesdayscat

"Always," Talfrid said, with a nod, "or you can stay here for a while, and decide. I would be more than happy to take you to the King, as my guest."

It was his son, after all. Not that he was too open with that information. His presence there was confusing enough, and no one quite knew what to think of him. And he, for his part, did nothing to alleviate that confusion. This was Uther's pride now, for better or worse.

Hopefully better.

He looked at Sansa when she spoke, snapping out of his thoughtful daze and realizing a bit late that his eyes had been lingering on Arya for most of it. that was not chivalrous, the god reminded himself. He'd apologize for it when he was able to.

"Oh, don't worry about that. We can still try things, and I am sure you can discover something that you might like to trade. And even then, finding pretty pebbles or simply hunting your own meat can be traded or prepared for you."

He padded slowly, guiding them, eager to go to the market though to him it was nothing new. He supposed it was just fun experiencing it through the stranger's eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:44 pm
Lithia_Brandon

"To the king," Arya repeated and trailed off, considering her options and oblivious to the eyes of the god dwelling on her while her sister spoke. She was focused on something far more important than a marketplace outing. At the very least, this sort of decision would affect her and her sister's lives for an indeterminate length of time. This was no daily task but a life altering decision.

Blinking her own bright eyes, she looked between the two of them before nodding carefully, "I think we might need to take you up on that offer, Talfrid, if you do not mind." She managed to resume some of her manners for that much at the least, allowing her lips to curl in a soft and hopefully encouraging, if timorous smile.

Sansa's enthusiasm at the possibility of meeting a king however, was palpable and barely suppressed. She let her blue eyes dart between her sister and the stranger, etiquette keeping her excitement from boiling over completely. "I'm sure I could find some pebbles. I have a good eye for pretty things." Her words bubbled with mirth as she moved to follow the large male, brushing shoulders with her sister in gentle encouragement that the paler lioness would fall in line with her. That they were starting a new path together was far from her mind: she was going to a market, and meeting a king to boot.  

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:16 am
tuesdayscat

Talfrid smiled and nodded, watching Arya though he glanced over at Sansa as she spoke and chuckled at her excitement. He was almost envious, as he had not been able to look at the pride in the same way, since it was so familiar to him. Even after his return, and all its changes, it was still his home.

Seeing it with new eyes was definitely fun, and he wondered if he might give himself a new job as envoy. Going out and welcoming strangers to the lands. It was certainly a nice way to meet others.

Hopefully Uther would be in a receptive mood. His litter of royal cubs had made him softer and approachable, but he could still be severe and grumpy when the mood took him. It was his mate, Ygraine, that softened him and brought the good out in him.

Talfrid hummed to himself as he led them toward the largest Province within the pride. There was plenty to explore and, he hoped, plenty of time to do it in. And he would get to know them both better during that time.

[IC] Tokakinji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games