Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Entering the new wing of HRM's above-water embassy and home, you follow the plush black carpet through the twisting hallways, ignoring the side doors leading off deeper into the building. Eventually you arrive at a pair of thickset double doors, that nevertheless swing apart soundlessly at the lightest touch. No expense has been spared with the architecture of this place.

As the doors open inwards, you are assaulted by a blast of cold, wet, salty air that stops you in your tracks. Pausing a second, you step forwards into the heavy darkness. As your eyes adjust, you find yourself in a huge room, the ceiling stretching upwards until it is lost from sight. On either side of you are glass tanks, set deeply into the walls. As you stare at the grey water swirling in them, you think you can see things swimming, or at least slithering, just out of view.

Trying not to look too close at the tanks again, you press onward. There is lighting coming from high up somewhere, but you can't find the source. Whatever device is being used sends an odd dappled pattern of grey light playing around on the floors. You wonder, as you advance on the dark shape lounging in the giant tentacled chair at the end of the room, if this is what it feels like to live a million miles under the sea.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Klymen realized that this probably wasn't the best idea for her plan as she stood outside the doors. The easiest and most readily available, yes, but probably not the best and she pondered just going home and trying again later. Yet, she was here and well, you had to try before you got anywhere. What was the worst that could happen anyways?

Lightly touching the doors, they swung inward and the blast of air reminded her somewhat of home. Smiling, she squared her shoulders and stepped inward confidently, admiring the style of the room. It was a little similar to her hive, the dappled light and smell, and it made Klymen the tiniest bit more relaxed.

Stopping before the throne, she dropped to a kneel and a cautious voice called out, "Your Majesty?"

amicableAggressor
summoning our fishy queen

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:22 pm
Watching the other seadweller advance, Regina had been lounging sideways across her chair, playing purrbeast's cradle with a bit of string. On a small wheeled tray beside her, was a small television, currently playing a troll soap opera. Below the throne were a few bags of unhealthy snack foods. It was clear the queen wasn't having a busy day.

Despite her rather bored expression at the advancing troll, her interest was piqued. So far, apart from her dutifully aggravating royal advisers and trolls coming in for official requests, no one had taken up her open invitation to come and get to know their monarch up-close. She hadn't really expected anyone to, but on the other hand, she couldn't help but want to be able to talk to some other trolls while not wearing a fake nose and calling herself "Mystry Anonno" or some other poorly planned attempt at a disguise.

Dropping one hand down the side of her throne, she pulled out a remote and muted the tv, halfheartedly sitting up. "Hey. You're speaking to her, the one and only. What can I do for you, pal?"

PeanutButterpies
glub glub

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:35 pm

If Klymen hadn't been so enamored by the idea that she was talking to the queen, she might have noticed the assortment of food on the group in front of her. The TV she had noticed faintly when walking in, although to be honest, she didn't blame her. It didn't entirely seem like the room was filled with the brim to visitors.

She looked up to the queen when she was addressed, shifting slightly as she tried to figure out how to put this delicately. Finally, Klymen spoke, "I'm Klymen Carcha. I'm here to ask if you would.. erm." There was a pause before she finally finished, "Like to hang out some time?"

amicableAggressor
this is how you ask the leader of your race to hang out with you, right?

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:18 pm
Sitting up the rest of the way, the queen gave Klymen a long drawn out look, then a perky, tooth-filled smile. She hadn't been expecting this from a seadweller. Maybe a high landdwelling purple or blue, but she figured her finned collegues would be able to take care of stuff without coming to try and suck up to their great leader. "You want somethin' right? Have some lowbloods been getting their feet all over your holiday estate's lawnring or something?" She paused for a moment but jumped back in as another idea struck her. "Or wait, lemme guess. First time on land? Dunno how to talk to any of the lowbloods without laughing at their weird finless faces? I'd say just laugh it out, then if you don't wanna step on anyone's fee~lings just say somethin' like you saw a funny cloud." Sitting back in her chair she tapped her fingers together. "Or another funny thing. Your call really. Seriously though, what'cha want? Don't poke about the shrubbery, just give it to me straight. Seadweller to seadweller."

PeanutButterpies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:39 pm

Klymen wasn't expecting this as a reply. A rejection, yes, or if she was lucky and the moons were shining upon her, an agreement to perhaps spend 10 minutes with the queen. But to be assumed she was just trying to get something? It shamed her to her core and she was left where she was for a few minutes in silence, trying to gather her thoughts.

"While I don't have any problems with... lowbloods," She wrinkled her nose at that word in an obvious show that she did, "I thank you for your advice. However, I do actually want to hang out with you sometime though. Not trying to get anything from it." Klymen licked her lips nervously, feeling the reassuring metal of her piercings just below a small comfort in the situation.

amicableAggressor

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:51 am
At the wrinkling of Klymen's face as she mentioned lowbloods, Regina let out a short laugh, but gestured for her to go on with her talk. It was kinda difficult to talk to them, true, either they hated your or s**t themselves in fear. But you had to learn to forgive the majority of the population for being, well, inferior, and get used to them. Being squeamish over it was just a sign of naivety, in her mind. The same could be said, to a certain extent, about trying to pretend that you were approaching the queen simply to be buddies. There always had to be something to offset that kind of risk, and target being painted on your back. "Hey, nothing wrong with wanting something, right? That's how you get s**t done." Jumping down off her chair, she spread both arms, palms out, in a conciliatory gesture. It was best not to put the other girl, Klymen was it? On the defensive.

"Whatever right? Who really cares, hahaha. Being coy's fine, it's what us highbloods are all about right?" Stepping forward again, she reached over and gave the other seadweller a friendly slap on the shoulder. As the queen, it was her job to set subjects at their ease. "Tell you what. I am bored out of my thinkpan. Want to make my day and have a round of fisticuffs? With weapons, of course. I just got the swimming pool outfitted with damage resistant panelling!" As the highest troll, it was her job to have fun and do whatever the ******** she wanted. She stared at the other troll, expectant smile on her face.

PeanutButterpies

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:31 pm

The slap on her shoulder hasn't hurt but it had given her a shock of surprise and she blinked, jumping a little. Giving a moment, she gave a quick nod to her question. It was true, had to do something to get whatever you wanted done. She mulled over it, nearly missing what Regina said about a battle and her mind almost stopping once her realized what had been offered to her.

"A battle?" Klymen asked, immediately smiling. "I'd love to, it sounds great! I just need to get my trident, it's back with my stuff." She stood excitedly, taking a moment to give a quick stretch. Realizing who she was speaking to thought she toned down her excitement, asking "Do you want me to meet you back here or uh?"

amicableAggressor

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:16 pm
Raising her eyebrows a little, Regina looked the other girl over. "Don't tell me you just walk around unarmed do you? Fights wait for no troll!" Tapping the scabbard that was firmly attached to the side of her clothes, she couldn't help but frown inwardly. Of course, this seadweller wasn't going to get s**t from the population in general, and it's not like any disgruntled, nutty lowbloods were going to run up to them and throw a bucket of rusty blood in their face. That was reserved for the queen herself.

But still, didn't you always want to have something on you? The thought of going anywhere without her sword made Regina itch. She squinted slightly at Klymen for a moment then cleared her face of everything apart from a friendly smile.

"Sure! Sure! What, you got somewhere else you wanna meet? I dunno about going out with some troll I just met, ahaha! No offence. Unless it's to the movies, that's fine. I'm teasin' though, where's your stuff? You got a home here or staying at a hotel or somethin'?" Jabbering on without giving the other troll time to reply, she walked in lazy wide rings around the other troll, obviously full of energy. Maybe a movie would be fun! Or some kinda competition. Sport? The energy that had been held in check by boredom was starting to visibly spill out of Regina as she considered the possibilities of a day spent dragging some fellow seadweller around with her. A splashy fight in the pool wasn't going to be enough.
PeanutButterpies
h hi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:08 pm

"I don't usually, but I couldn't exactly bring my weapon into uh. Here." There was a nervous roll of her shoulders at that, but the idea of bringing her trident into the room hadn't settled right with her. It was the queen after all, it had just sounded like a bad idea.

The boundless energy from Regina made Klymen's head spin, it was almost hard to keep up with her train of thought. She opted to answer as much as she could though, casually replying "No I'm just here in a hotel, thinking of buying something though. Spend enough time up here that I might as well. Wouldn't think you'd want to join me in a hotel room though, kind of boring." She moved forward a little, careful to stay out of the way of the wide strides so she didn't bump into Regina. "We can meet at the movies if you want though. Wish there was some more water around, I'd love to surf. Bit too far though." There was a wistful sort of expression on her face at that, she did enjoy surfing but it wasn't that plausible here. Movies were fine if Regina was fine with it, Klymen was just happy to be talking to her.

amicableAggressor
whistles june is the same month as july right? right.

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:36 pm
Snapping her fingers, eyes lighting up, Regina turned and marched over to her throne, digging her hands deep in between the cushions and the back. "I've got some plans here, right? For hives in the lake. Full underwater style, then ones with above water blocks for entertaining land trash. Never got around to it, since rebuildin' Old Hemisect ... or whatever they're calling it these days ... was such a drain, but I got some blueprints somewhere." Her voice dropping to a mumble by the end, and whatever she was searching for failing to appear, Regina shrugged, straightened up, abandoning her search. She turned back to Klymen, rubbing her hands together.

"But whatever - you didn't come to check out my rad revitalization plans. And yeah, the waves on the lake are pretty tame, unless you go chuckin' lusii into it or something. And the waves in my pool are pretty lame - even with the best engineering they got I still can't get them to cap eight feet!" Waving a hand in disgust at the limitations of troll technology, and at the same time smugly promoting the fact that yes, her pool did have waves and was the best pool ever, she rejoined the other seadweller on the carpet. "So yeah! Movies! What's playing now? I never keep up with that. Let's go!" Striding past Klymen, she started to walk rapidly towards the door, not waiting to see if she was being followed or not.

PeanutButterpies
sure it is!

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces